Prospect update 2014-2015

brelic

Caught the Hitmen in PDX last week. Wanted to share my amateur scouting report.

Sanheim is as advertised. Amazing vision with the puck. Best I have ever seen in 5 years of being in Portland. Very good on the puck, even while being pressed behind the goal. Only pinched once and got caught. Great skater, needs to fill out size wise. A llittle surprised he didn't play on pk but I think that's to keep him fresh for his offensive game. He is better than poulliot at this age and the only reason I don't say Seth jones is the physical aspect, ok maybe a little less but not by much. Hitman leaned on him heavily after going down by 3 due to pp goals and he was huge in coming back and winning in ot.

Fazleev is a big body that can skate! Didnt see too much that would say top six skill level but could be wrong. Showed some flash. Was a top pk'er for them. Sean burkes kid was at fault for most if the goals. Who ever came in when Burke got pulled was awesome though . Back to fazleev.. His speed and size translate just not sure how high in the nhl. Good depth guy to have.

Bitner. I know his stock has risen but I'm not seeing it for a first rounder. He doesn't have the hands for it. 3rd yes.

Bjyorkstram...... **** you flyers for taking a goon over him. He is on another planet. He is such a slick skater , the hands the release! Top line talent EASY. He will be in the nhl next season

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
iladelphia Flyers

The Philadelphia Flyers have signed 6-0, 200 lb. LW Tyrell Goulbourne to a three-year entry-level contract, according to general manager Ron Hextall.

Goulbourne100.jpgTyrell Goulbourne

Goulbourne, 21 (1/26/1994), was a third-round selection of the Flyers (72nd overall) in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He is currently in his fifth season with the Kelowna Rockets of the Western Hockey League, where he has recorded 17 goals and 21 assists for 38 points in 55 games this season.

He’s helped the Rockets to a 48-11-3-1 record through 63 games of their season heading into tonight’s game at Everett, which places them first overall in the Western Hockey League.

In 268 career games with Kelowna, Goulbourne has recorded 55 goals and 63 assists for 118 points along with 454 PIM.

The Flyers host the Calgary Flames tonight (7PM, CSN, 97.5 FM) as part of a homestand that continues Thursday when they host St. Louis at 7 PM. Tickets for both games are available by calling 215-218-PUCK or visiting philadelphiaflyers.com.

Sanheim is as advertised. Amazing vision with the puck. Best I have ever seen in 5 years of being in Portland. Very good on the puck, even while being pressed behind the goal. Only pinched once and got caught. Great skater, needs to fill out size wise. A llittle surprised he didn't play on pk but I think that's to keep him fresh for his offensive game. He is better than poulliot at this age and the only reason I don't say Seth jones is the physical aspect, ok maybe a little less but not by much. Hitman leaned on him heavily after going down by 3 due to pp goals and he was huge in coming back and winning in ot. 

Fazleev is a big body that can skate! Didnt see too much that would say top six skill level but could be wrong. Showed some flash. Was a top pk'er for them. Sean burkes kid was at fault for most if the goals. Who ever came in when Burke got pulled was awesome though . Back to fazleev.. His speed and size translate just not sure how high in the nhl. Good depth guy to have.

Bitner. I know his stock has risen but I'm not seeing it for a first rounder. He doesn't have the hands for it. 3rd yes. 

Bjyorkstram...... **** you flyers for taking a goon over him. He is on another planet. He is such a slick skater , the hands the release! Top line talent EASY. He will be in the nhl next season

Really appreciate the report. 

He wanted a one-way deal, I believe.

He's probably a career minor leaguer / fringe NHLer a la Rinaldo.

He wanted a regular entry level deal and Hexy didn't belive he proved he deserved it then plus it was a contract limit issue to if i remember correctly so they just offered him a prove it AHL only contract like Vandevelde signed and he recused to sign it.

So he went back for his overage year and i guess now earned his ELC so he proved himself...but he still has to prove himself to ever make it further.

And he may just be a career AHL guy time will tell.

Appreciate the report!! Looking forward to seeing Sanheim in Leigh Valley. Is he joining us next season?

Hmmm, I've been wondering aloud about Bitner also...nice to see someone else in my corner...but of course, we could both be wrong.

Hmmm, I've been wondering aloud about Bitner also...nice to see someone else in my corner...but of course, we could both be wrong.

I'm in Bittner's corner too. He sniped a real nice goal in the top prospects game. Big, can skate and score. Sounds like he might be available late in the 1st.

Edit: Oh wait, you guys are down on Bittner? Oh well, he looked good to me.

I'm in Bittner's corner too. He sniped a real nice goal in the top prospects game. Big, can skate and score. Sounds like he might be available late in the 1st.

Edit: Oh wait, you guys are down on Bittner? Oh well, he looked good to me

This is what happens when you let your dog at the keyboard! 

He doesn't like Bittner either. We've had... "discussions".

I think it's awesome that you're dog, in addition to having fantastic oral and written communication skills, has some mad scouting skills too. 

Bittner is an interesting case. I feel like he has been on the hawks a few years but he is only in his draft year. The reality is that he is playing on the top line with petan and byorkstrom and is a big guy that can skate. I'd be ok with the flyers taking him with the late 1st or a 2nd but def not the flyers first rounder.

I was looking prospects in the QMJHL and noticed the third highest scorer,Nikita Jevpalous(Latvia) 46 goals,50 assist was in the Flyer's camp in 2014. What happen with this guy? I bet SJ is happy. 

I think you mean Nikita Jevpalovs and he obviously didn't stick out enough to get drafted but he was signed by the San Jose Sharks to a ELC. Those number he is putting up is also as a 20 year old soon to be 21. So that has to be weighted as well.

As an 18 year old he only put up 39 points in 60 games. So who knows he could be a late bloomer. 

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=52417

But the Sharks front office has found some gems lately in Tomas Hertl and Melker Karlsson so maybe he turns into another steal.

Phantoms win last night 2-1 Zepp in net 26 saves on 27 shots. scores by Hextall and Akeson with the GWer on the PP.

Sadly the Phantoms still 11 points out from the 8th spot. So it may look like no playoffs for the whole Flyer Organization. I think maybe the just need to fire both coaches.

Edit: WTF has happened to Laughton he has just disappeared after being returned...i can't remember see him on the score yet since his return is he sulking giving up????

Anyone who watching have any input am i wrong about him and just missed it??

Morin no points +2 in last nights 4-2 win.

Nicolas Aubé-Kubel a goal and an assist +2 in their 5-0 win.

Goulbourne a hat trick (one a short handed goal!!!! and one and empty net goal one 5 on 5) and an assist +3 in their 5-2 win. NICE!

Stolarz Iron Man mask....nice

.Solarz-Iron-Man-1.jpg

Stolarz-Iron-Man-2.jpg

Stolarz-Iron-Man-3.jpg

Anthony-Stolarz-2-Front.jpg

Nice mask but funny they won't let Tony Stark play they keep Iron Man on the bench in favor of 33 year old Zepp!!!

#playerdevelopment

Archived