Let's Win One for the Zepper!

Howie58

Greetings!

I have to give the guy credit. You talk about perseverance. I hope the guys do their best to give him a chance to win.

Best,

Howie

Yeah why not. Crazier things have happened. Zac is suppose to be out too so i wonder who will take his spot.

@Howie58

I'm wondering why Emery didn't start both games?

HF:

Emery did not look great last night despite winning. I am not sure if this was rest of belief that it was time to try someone else. Emery gave up 4 on relatively few shots.  I have to wonder if Emery will be kept post next year--is management looking for an in-house backup?

Best,

Howie

HF:

Emery did not look great last night despite winning. I am not sure if this was rest of belief that it was time to try someone else. Emery gave up 4 on relatively few shots.  I have to wonder if Emery will be kept post next year--is management looking for an in-house backup?

Best,

Howie

I didn't get to watch last night's game.  And yeah you are right Emery doesn't have a contract for next season and neither does Zepp, so yeah I guess  this could be a look at what he can do in the NHL.

Well, this was a storybook ending.  The announcers on the Center Ice feed from TSN3 liked the save Zepp made at the end of the second.  It's good to see the guys get going in the 3rd...Vinny actually earned his pay.  Voracek is a monster.  

Howie

Well, this was a storybook ending.  The announcers on the Center Ice feed from TSN3 liked the save Zepp made at the end of the second.  It's good to see the guys get going in the 3rd...Vinny actually earned his pay.  Voracek is a monster.  

Howie

Happy Holidays Howie,

I thought Zepp looked really good and made som big saves.   I stil am trying to figure out what Schultz and Coburn were trying to go on that Buff goal.   That serioulsy looked like a goal in a high school game and how the defense let him walk right into the paint was just the epitome of bad defefnse.

And as you say - Voracek is indeed a monster.  VLC looked good and I am more than willing to give him credit when it is due.  He seems to be driving the net away from the puck more and I hope it continues.  

@murraycraven - yeah the d on that goal was scary bad.  Schultz seemed to have gotten tied up with the ref a bit and never recovered.  Coburn however, after seeing Buff skate around Schultz, turned away and tried to cover the man off the far post instead of rotating over and at trying to stop Buff from just waltzing out from the corner.  I wonder what Zepp was thinking after that. 

@murraycraven - yeah the d on that goal was scary bad.  Schultz seemed to have gotten tied up with the ref a bit and never recovered.  Coburn however, after seeing Buff skate around Schultz, turned away and tried to cover the man off the far post instead of rotating over and at trying to stop Buff from just waltzing out from the corner.  I wonder what Zepp was thinking after that.

Yeah WTF Coburn was thinking is beyond me dude just flat turns his back to him and leaves the top of the crease wide open so he could walk right in uncontested easily the worst play I seen from him in a year or more...and that is saying alot because there are many to chose from.

Just plain brain dead he is!!

Yeah WTF Coburn was thinking is beyond me dude just flat turns his back to him and leaves the top of the crease wide open so he could walk right in uncontested easily the worst play I seen from him in a year or more...and that is saying alot because there are many to chose from.

Just plain brain dead he is!!

that was making me laugh... Buff goes along the goal line extended and beats Schulz and then Coburn literally turns his back to "cover" all while Buff walks in alone...  mind boggling honestly!

What a nice story, a career minor leaguer, has not even played in North America since 05, is trusted enough to come up with a big win on the road against a pretty hot Jets team. Kudos to the Flyers for trusting this guy, he responded and made them look good.

What a nice story, a career minor leaguer, has not even played in North America since 05, is trusted enough to come up with a big win on the road against a pretty hot Jets team. Kudos to the Flyers for trusting this guy, he responded and made them look good.

It's a great story that actually flooded the local sports radio yesterday. Both the Fan and TSN called him and talked him up. Good for Zepp, a dream come true even if he never plays another game.

Not sure its so much the Flyers trusting him or having an injury to your starter, your backup looking shaky as heck the night before and having nowhere else to turn.. Good on Zepp either way. 

Archived