This Claude Giroux injury looked Erik Karlsson bad

hf101

Not putting weight on it could've been precautionary...why risk it when there were people there to help?  Let's hope for the best.  At least in the brief moment they were showing the replay of the leg, it was not as bloody as I expected.  Scary all these blade cuts lately.

Just heard on the radio - the preliminary forecast he should be OK.  The Flyers dodged the bullet on this one.  They are saying even if the cut was even 1/8-inch deeper, it could've touched the bone and he would be potentially gone for the rest of the year AT BEST. 

I imagine that what the kevlars excel at is limiting the length of a cut. A skater is likely to be injured at the highest point of pressure, but not along the entire length of the skate blade.

I wanted him good long term but sorry to admit that I had visions of McDavid in my head.

I agree, if the Flyers were going to have a shitty season at least getting a player like McDavid would make it worthwhile. Hopefully Hextall can get rid of some of the vets like Vinny and Coburn to start the rebuild.

Archived