Gameday Flyers vs. Sabres

Samifan

Making my annual trek West on I-90 to see the Flyers tonight. Wish I was more excited for this game, still having a hard time coming to grip with just how bad this Flyers team is. That being said, as bad as the Flyers are the Sabres are worse. This game could be a real snooze or a 7-6 last shot wins type of game.

Looking forward to seeing the boys and booing Berube!

Flyers 4

Sabres 2

Sami:

I hope you enjoy the game. It's interesting--NHL Center Ice will have both the home and away feeds for this game. 

I wouldn't worry too much about Berube...I suspect his days are numbered. On the broader note, I share your concern about watching.  I am wondering if a movie would be more entertaining than this game.  Let's face it--watching the Flyers has not been much fun this year.  But I hope you have a good time and safe driving.

Howie

Ted Nolan may have his Sabres really wired up tonight due to Buffalo getting pummeled 7-0 last game out.

Buffalo showed flashes of good play followed by a WHOLE LOT of terrible the rest of the time.

This game is going to come down to who wants to be embarrassed the LEAST.

That all said, at least Philly has some sort of offense to work with (yea, I know, they got shut out their last two games, but the Sabres are HARDLY the Capitals or Canucks), while I am not quite sure who, outside of Girgensons or Tyler Innis, the Sabres can really rely on to produce goals.

As long as Mason is out, Zepp should be the number one, experience be damned, as we all know by now that Emery is best played sparingly so as not to over expose him.

Atleast Philadelphia has Giroux, Voracek and Simmonds. Who does buffalo have? Ennis?  :lol:

If Buffalo finishes last they're going to have a heck of a one-two-three punch down the middle with McDavid/Eichel, Reinhart and Grigorenko down the middle. They already have the best prospect pool of Dmen in the league and some more than decent wingers. Three or four years from now, I don't think anyones laughing at the Sabres.

If Buffalo finishes last they're going to have a heck of a one-two-three punch down the middle with McDavid/Eichel, Reinhart and Grigorenko down the middle. They already have the best prospect pool of Dmen in the league and some more than decent wingers. Three or four years from now, I don't think anyones laughing at the Sabres.

Im still convinced Edmonton will finish last. But even if Buffalo doesnt get Mcdavid or eichel they will still have girgenson  :D

Had a great time at the game last night. Tons of Flyers fans at the game, if I had to guess it may have been as high as 1/3 of the crowd. The best part of the night was after the Flyers 4th goal when we were actually able to get and sustain a loud Lets Go Flyers chant for 20-30 seconds that rang throughout the building!

A few observations:

as Briere48 stated, the Flyers are a bad team and almost found a way to blow a two goal lead with 10 mins left in the game.

Zepp needs to work on his puck handling skills.

Giroux yaps at the opponents non-stop. I think I saw him talking trash to every Sabre and every Rob Ray "between the glass"

Rinaldo is a marked man with the league. I noticed several shifts last night were the refs actually were watching him rather than where the puck was.

VLC is done. He just can't "compete" anymore at this level. His lazy penalty late in the 3rd period was a prime example.

The more is watch Jake, the more I like him. I think he will only get better.

Say what you want about Coca-cola but he played a solid game and is a serviceable #6 D-man

Emery appears to be a good solider. If he is pissed about taking a back seat to Zepp he wasn't showing it on the bench. He was smiling, encouraging teammates and huddling with Zepp at every stoppage in play.

Can't wait for Berube to be fired in April. I truly believe there are a handful of players that have tuned him out. Guy is useless!

Had a great time at the game last night. Tons of Flyers fans at the game, if I had to guess it may have been as high as 1/3 of the crowd. The best part of the night was after the Flyers 4th goal when we were actually able to get and sustain a loud Lets Go Flyers chant for 20-30 seconds that rang throughout the building!

A few observations:

as Briere48 stated, the Flyers are a bad team and almost found a way to blow a two goal lead with 10 mins left in the game.

Zepp needs to work on his puck handling skills.

Giroux yaps at the opponents non-stop. I think I saw him talking trash to every Sabre and every Rob Ray "between the glass"

Rinaldo is a marked man with the league. I noticed several shifts last night were the refs actually were watching him rather than where the puck was.

VLC is done. He just can't "compete" anymore at this level. His lazy penalty late in the 3rd period was a prime example.

The more is watch Jake, the more I like him. I think he will only get better.

Say what you want about Coca-cola but he played a solid game and is a serviceable #6 D-man

Emery appears to be a good solider. If he is pissed about taking a back seat to Zepp he wasn't showing it on the bench. He was smiling, encouraging teammates and huddling with Zepp at every stoppage in play.

Can't wait for Berube to be fired in April. I truly believe there are a handful of players that have tuned him out. Guy is useless!

Probably the #1 reason why he's the backup this year. When you're trying to get Mason back to where he once was, you don't want anything in the way of it. 

Archived