Rinaldo is back

Samifan

Rinaldo attempts a perfectly clean hit ,but the douche on NBC says Rinaldo threw a flying elbow... then that turd Chimera starts with Rinaldo, he doesnt even get his gloves off takes an uppercut and he gets 5 mins. What a friggin joke, the ref shold be written up and suspended. Chimera should have gotten 2 for instigation plus 5 for figting, rinaldo should have not gotten any penalty. Talk about biased refereeing.

Ironic because didn't Rinaldo get his gloves off first against a Cap a few years ago and have the book thrown at him?

The Flyers should look into some sort of grievance at this point. Enough is enough.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironic because didn't Rinaldo get his gloves off first against a Cap a few years ago and have the book thrown at him?

Yeah but he knocked the guy on his ass....Zac was still standing....and he's a marked man so he still wouldn't have got the call.

I know what Berube should have put Zac in and let him whoop Niskanen's ass for that cheap ass shot on Coots knee...lucky that wasn't serious but that was a blatant Matt Cookesque hit there.

But Niskanen is such a good guy. Those dastardly Flyers surely deserved it.

:ph34r:

Yeah, what's up with Niskanen? Is he carrying some James Neal taint around with him? 

I'm not sure maybe the AO cheapshot technique has rubbed off on him i don't recall he being so careless before this year with shots he takes at guys.

In terms of Rinaldo, it's more than a little ridiculous that he was inserted into the lineup in favour of $4.5M VLC. That's gotta hurt the ego a ton.

Given the penalties he's racked up in the TWO games he's been back, why dress him? He's hurting his team now. I liked him last year when he was in control. This year, he's not helping the team. Send him to LV. 

Move VLC to the 3rd line with Schenn and White. Umberger to the 4th.

White/Schenn/VLC

VV/Bellemare/Umberger

I wouldn't mess with the 3rd White, RJ and Schenn at center has looked good just scratch Zac and reunite the 4th of Belle. VV and VLC it works best let Zac fetch popcorn...they don't need him and if they make the playoffs i know a big if then they surely won't need Zac.

@brelic

In fairness to Rinaldo we did get a pp for the suckerpunch he took. That is all I will say in his defence.

Hey FC what is the scouting report for Rasmus Andersson i see he is a Barrie Colt and will be available for the upcoming draft maybe a 2nd or 3rd round for him. I see he is a right hand shot Flyers need more of those and another Swede. What is your take on him.

I hate to hijack a Zac thread but really it's Zac and well no need for him to have another 14 page thread.

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/128408

Rinaldo responds with a cross check and then has his arm around Chimera's head. He hadn't dropped the gloves yet, but he was certainly a willing combatant.

Chimera gets two for instigation.

As for the "sucker punch" I think the perspective would be a little different if Rinaldo had decked Chimera in the same way.

In the end, I don't see what is so special about Rinaldo that they need to keep putting him out there. A weekend that included a totally unnecessary misconduct and getting his clock cleaned (in what really did shift momentum towards the Caps at the time) doesn't scream "value" to me.

First he loses an edge and gets two minutes for "elbowing" (not even almost close), then he gets crosschecked, sucker punched, and a five minute major despite not dropping his gloves nor throwing a punch.  Earlier in the season he got two for "embellishment" when he was crosschecked from behind into the boards.

Did he bang all of the referees' wives?!  Or just a few and the word got out?

He might as well act like a mad man, he's getting punished like it anyway.

Rinaldo responds with a cross check...

You're calling the one handed semi-poke a "crosscheck"?!  Chimera's two-fister is a crosscheck, Rinaldo, not so much.  Chimera earned himself 9 minutes worth of penalties (crosscheck, instigator, fighting,) Rinaldo zero, and yet....

You're calling the one handed semi-poke a "crosscheck"?!  Chimera's two-fister is a crosscheck, Rinaldo, not so much.  Chimera earned himself 9 minutes worth of penalties (crosscheck, instigator, fighting,) Rinaldo zero, and yet....

My point was that Rinaldo was a willing combatant.

Which he was. (and the "cross check" isn't the "one handed semi-poke", it's the two handed "cross check" at 33 seconds)

If he'd dropped Chimera in the same way, he'd be a hero to many.

That said, I do agree that Rinaldo is a problem because he gets extra scrutiny. That scrutiny is not going away and Rinaldo taking stupid misconducts isn't going to change that.

First he loses an edge and gets two minutes for "elbowing" (not even almost close), then he gets crosschecked, sucker punched, and a five minute major despite not dropping his gloves nor throwing a punch.  Earlier in the season he got two for "embellishment" when he was crosschecked from behind into the boards.

Did he bang all of the referees' wives?!  Or just a few and the word got out?

He might as well act like a mad man, he's getting punished like it anyway.

That is why fair or not you just have to waive the kid no one is going to claim him and this will keep from having to waive CC for now.

In terms of Rinaldo, it's more than a little ridiculous that he was inserted into the lineup in favour of $4.5M VLC. That's gotta hurt the ego a ton.

Given the penalties he's racked up in the TWO games he's been back, why dress him? He's hurting his team now. I liked him last year when he was in control. This year, he's not helping the team. Send him to LV. 

White/Schenn/VLC

VV/Bellemare/Umberger

The problem is the penalties he has been called for since he has returned are a joke. It is just like the last time he was playing in the post season for the Flyers, no matter what he does, he is guilty of being Zac Rinaldo and the refs penalize him for it. This is not meant to call him an angel(which he most certainly is not) but the dumping on him should be saved for when he deserves it.

The problem is the penalties he has been called for since he has returned are a joke. It is just like the last time he was playing in the post season for the Flyers, no matter what he does, he is guilty of being Zac Rinaldo and the refs penalize him for it. This is not meant to call him an angel(which he most certainly is not) but the dumping on him should be saved for when he deserves it.

A guy makes his own reputation.

The officials didn't get together before the season and randomly pick his name out of a hat.

The "two minutes for being Donald Brashear" wasn't because Brashear was a Flyer - because those calls happened before he got to the Flyers and after he left. Steve Downie had his two highest penalty totals while playing for Tampa and has 189 PIMs in 53 games this season playing for Pittsburgh...

It's not like Rinaldo was some babe in the woods who was set up by the mean, nasty Capitals and got penalized for doing nothing whatsoever.

And his taking stupid misconduct penalties yapping and whining about being victimized to the press isn't going to help him at all.

When you find yourself in a hole, Zac - stop digging.

A guy makes his own reputation.

The officials didn't get together before the season and randomly pick his name out of a hat.

Not arguing that at all but that still does not give the refs the right to blatantly miss/make up calls. Sure , fine Zac Rinaldo for the remarks but it might also make a case for closer examination of the refs that continue to practice the 2 minutes and a misconduct because you looked at me with mean eyes.......

Not arguing that at all but that still does not give the refs the right to blatantly miss/make up calls. Sure , fine Zac Rinaldo for the remarks but it might also make a case for closer examination of the refs that continue to practice the 2 minutes and a misconduct because you looked at me with mean eyes.......

Again, I do think there is a problem, I just don't think the league is going to do thing #1 about it.

I though the five for "fighting" was definitely overblown, but given that they were going to (and did) give the Flyers a power play for it, they had the choice for a "fighting" instigation to Chimera or a double minor roughing to Chimera (rarely happens) and a roughing to Rinaldo. I don't think they could have gotten away with just giving Chimera a roughing and letting Zac off scott free.

As much as Zac must be embarrassed to have been dropped so easily, I simply don't agree with the idea that he did "nothing".

Archived