Jagr a Cat

yave1964

Florida, Boston and Philadelphia fighting for one spot in all likelihood, Boston just lost Krejci for the rest of the regular season, Philadelphia at least if what Hextall is saying is planning upon standing pat and Florida got rid of malcontent Bergenheim and added Malcontent Jagr.

Florida got rid of malcontent Bergenheim and added Malcontent Jagr.

How do you figure Jahr is a malcontent in this situation.

I think it's a sokid pickup for FLA with short term potential and no long term commitment.

How do you figure Jahr is a malcontent in this situation.

I think it's a sokid pickup for FLA with short term potential and no long term commitment.

Just bustin chops. I agree that Jagr is the perfect pickup for the young Panthers for the stretch run, the malcontent comment was the way that Jagr forced a trade, ripping the Devils for not playing him on the number one power play and saying that when Deboar was fired and Lou took over everything went to Hell for him (Jagr) in New Jersey, essentially saying he didn't like the way he was being played so he wanted dealt. So yeah, in New Jersey he finished less than amicably.

But in Florida on a top line with one of my favorites, rugged Bjugstad and Huberdeau who is finally starting to develop the Cats are dangerous. Campbell has woke up on the back end and Ekblad, those five make for one hell of a power play. They are as good of a bet as any to capture the 8th spot in the East.

Oh well...was hoping TB got in on Jagr.

Hey, Jaromir....yeah, you should be heading to Florida, but to TAMPA, not Sunrise!!  :lol:

Just as well.

I still say Jagr would have made a nice fit playing alonside Brian Boyle and Brendan Morrow, but perhaps Steve Yzerman didn't want to give up 2 draft picks for a Jaromir rental.

I was thinking a pair of draft picks from Tampa for Jagr, but of the 4th round or later variety...and NJ got Florida's 2nd and 3rd (yea, yea, I know they are for different drafts and one is conditional, but still...).....so perhaps it was a slight overpayment for Jaromir.

Either way though, nice pickup for Florida...they just upped their team experience (and average age numbers lol) significantly.

No guarantee Jagr gets to see the playoffs with the Cats, but he certainly has a better chance with them than with the Devils, and as mentioned by many others, Florida will definitely play him more than NJ was going to.

Oh well...was hoping TB got in on Jagr.

Hey, Jaromir....yeah, you should be heading to Florida, but to TAMPA, not Sunrise!!  :lol:

Just as well.

I still say Jagr would have made a nice fit playing alonside Brian Boyle and Brendan Morrow, but perhaps Steve Yzerman didn't want to give up 2 draft picks for a Jaromir rental.

I was thinking a pair of draft picks from Tampa for Jagr, but of the 4th round or later variety...and NJ got Florida's 2nd and 3rd (yea, yea, I know they are for different drafts and one is conditional, but still...).....so perhaps it was a slight overpayment for Jaromir.

Either way though, nice pickup for Florida...they just upped their team experience (and average age numbers lol) significantly.

No guarantee Jagr gets to see the playoffs with the Cats, but he certainly has a better chance with them than with the Devils, and as mentioned by many others, Florida will definitely play him more than NJ was going to.

NJD definitely wins this trade, Why give a 2nd and 3rd rounder for a rental player who is 43 years old? 

I really didn't think they would get that much of a return for Jagr. If the Panthers miss the playoffs, that second rounder could be an early second, which could really help the Devils rebuild up front. I wish Jagr the best in Florida. It was fun having him on the Devils the last couple years.

NJD definitely wins this trade, Why give a 2nd and 3rd rounder for a rental player who is 43 years old?

for what I hear the Cats are in a whole lot of red ink and need to make the post season. The hope is that Jagr is the piece they need. I do agree that is a steep price to pay!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived