The Remaining games for the Flyers

XkqY6HZ.png

The 2nd place Wildcard Team Bruins

n9J4EME.png

And the Panthers

NuxmEbX.png

and of course the Ottawa Senators

dcYMwZZ.png

Max points Boston can earn in their remaining 12 games is 24 which would put their total at 107.       (4 home, 8 away) vs. quality teams: 10, vs. East: 11

Max points Florida can earn in their remaining 12 games is 24 which would put their total at 105.       (7 home, 5 away) vs. quality teams: 10, vs. East: 12

Max points Ottawa can earn in their remaining 13 games is 26 which would put their total at 103.       (8 home, 5 away) vs. quality teams: 10, vs. East: 12

Max points Philadelphia can earn in their remaining 10 games is 20 which would put their total at 93. (6 home, 4 away) vs. quality teams: 7, vs. East: 6

Boston earning 10 points puts them at 93, (5 wins) 41.66666666666667% of their potential listed above.

Ottawa earning 14 points puts them at 93, (7 wins) 53.84615384615385% of their potential listed above.

Florida Earning 17 points puts them at 93. (9 wins or 8 wins and a OTL) 70.83333333333334% of their potential listed above

Out of these teams above Philly in the wild card standings, They only play Ottawa the last game of the season.

Boston plays Ottawa once and Florida 3 times. 8 points that will be divided up by teams above Philly that can't be made up by Philly

Ottawa plays Boston, Florida, Philadelphia.       4 points that will be divided up by teams above Philly that can't be made up by Philly

Florida plays Boston 3 times and Ottawa once. 8 points that will be divided up by teams above Philly that can't be made up by Philly

This equates to about 12 points Philly can't recover from no matter how well they do amongst these 3 teams.

This means that Philly needs to earn at least 12(85) points from other teams to even make progress towards a wild-card spot and the obvious magical play-off run resulting in their first cup since the 70s and the first of 4 in a row.

Totally feasible.

I seriously hope you just copy/pasted that from somewhere....

I might have been able to follow it if he had.

I'm guessing it is tongue and cheek because anyone talking Flyers and playoffs at this point (and, really, for several months now) should seek medical attention.

The Flyers should not even be in the conversation.

Flyers are not making the playoffs. Period.

I'm surprised with all the contortions and delusion that "and if Florida's plane crashes into the Bruins practice facility at just the right time..." wasn't included

I expect to see the Flyers play well for the most part with at least 500 hockey through the final stretch.  Especially the home games as I still have 3 games to attend.   The Flyers are always up for the Pittsburgh series.  

I would like to see a more realistic version of this write-up. One that has the possibility of the Flyers finishing dead last and winning the draft lottery. 

They cannot get to dead last being that even if Buffalo won out and the Flyers lost out, they would still be three points ahead of them in the standings; however, they can loose out and Arizona can win out and the Flyers would be in 29 place and have about a 13.5% chance of winning the McJesus cup.

Exciting times indeed....

I expect to see the Flyers play well for the most part with at least 500 hockey through the final stretch.  Especially the home games as I still have 3 games to attend.   The Flyers are always up for the Pittsburgh series.  

Sometimes this is just an academic conversation for me until you folks with actual money invested in tickets remind me how much this really sucks for people.

I'm thinking about this and it may actually be possible.  We all know how our Flyers captain loves to come from behind.

You mean how, in a pinch, he gets a good grip on the situation?

:ph34r:

What doesn't anyone just use Sports Club Stats:D

The website specifically lists the probability of each team making the playoffs, updated daily.

That has Philly at 0.0%.  That's been true for quite awhile.

The Wells Fargo Center has announced a special promotion: free beer at all 2015 Flyers playoff games.

This is following an idea begun by the Sixers in 2014 and extended at least through 2072.

Rumors are that Citizens Bank Park has also decided to join in the special promotion. (developing)

#nodoubt™

The Wells Fargo Center has announced a special promotion: free beer at all 2015 Flyers playoff games.

This is following an idea begun by the Sixers in 2014 and extended at least through 2072.

Rumors are that Citizens Bank Park has also decided to join in the special promotion. (developing)

#nodoubt™

That's like the "Free Buffet with valid Mensa membership card" promotion at a Tea Party function.

Archived