WT(actual)F are the Flyers doing with Mason

Bakanekimiwa

actually gaz...very revealing.....would love to see if there is a trend here. This team for all intentions quit and it could be taken as a big FU to Berube......

Just more fuel to the Fire Berube Fire.

If he doesn't go this off season I dont' know what i'll do.  They need another bad year under a better coach where they actually start to learn how to play again before they can start getting good again at all.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Objectively, though, 4 consecutive penalties/kills do tend to do that to the scoring chances stats.

Yeah, I like that - but wasn't the "gut" call of replacing Mason meant to be a kick in the ass to the rest of the team to get them to play better?

And that "rest of the team" responded with four consecutive penalties?

"Craig is one of the smartest hockey guys I've ever been around," - Paul Holmgren

#homercoaster™

Simple solution - Berube needs to be fired. He has been a disaster in his handling of Mason and watching the post game it is pretty clear Mason is (1) not happy with Berube and (2) Berube has lost Mason...

THANK YOU!  NAILED IT! MAKE IT SO!

I hope the private meeting was to decide who was bringing the blanket, who was bringing the soap and who gets first swing for Berube's blanket party in his last game of the season....

Can they just trade with the Phantoms and bring Murray back?

nevermind... let Chief go be an assistant someplace.  He just doesn't have the goods for the NHL.  Murray probably doesn't either... but at least the dude knows special teams.

That's just the point alberta. He could have and *should* have waited till the period break to make the move. It's almost like he's going out of his way to send Mason a 'message' but at the expense of doing anything remotely as a good coach should. I have no idea what they're trying to pull here with Mason, but he's been(arguably) our best player the last 2 seasons outside of Giroux. Certainly not a way of showing respect and/or appreciation. 

I think the worse part was Chief then telling the press that they were bad goals.  Who the hell does that?

At this stage of the season anyway?  I mean if they were still in the hunt, you could call out Mason because Mason would know it and want to do better for the sake of competing... but to call him out for giving up bad goals at a point in the season when it CLEARLY does not matter.

The team can't transition out of their own end, they can't kill penalties and their power play (which was great) is faltering... and he's going to blame the goalie?

Chief just knows he's losing his job and he's freaking out.

I just hope Hexy has a decent lineup of candidates to replace him.

Yeah, I like that - but wasn't the "gut" call of replacing Mason meant to be a kick in the ass to the rest of the team to get them to play better?

And that "rest of the team" responded with four consecutive penalties?

"Craig is one of the smartest hockey guys I've ever been around," - Paul Holmgren

#homercoaster™

Yep.   Was actually thinking that when you..er...I wrote it.   Just pointing out the scoring chances explanation.  Don't confuse that with thinking there wasn't something to the team flipping a big fat bird Berube's way.   The penalties were either typical Flyer-lazy or a big fat flipping bird.

nevermind... let Chief go be an assistant someplace.  He just doesn't have the goods for the NHL.  Murray probably doesn't either... but at least the dude knows special teams.

No Murray would be a recycled good ol boy i want new blood/new way of doing things.

This would be what it would be like hiring Murray

stairway_heaven.jpg

i've had enough of this let's try something new and fresh shall we???  :blink[1]:

This would be what it would be like hiring Murray

stairway_heaven.jpg

i've had enough of this let's try something new and fresh shall we??? :blink[1]:

But more boring. At least those stairs would be interesting for ten minutes. Besides We need a coach who knows the Heimlich maneuver.

But more boring. At least those stairs would be interesting for ten minutes. Besides We need a coach who knows the Heimlich maneuver.

Well i think the Flyers will have a few options this offseason i can see one or two getting fired and not sure what the Wings are going to do with their coach that would be an interesting move...but they could just resign Babcock who knows.

I will go on the record In saying that pulling Mason with 2 mins left in the period should not be viewed as disrespectful to him. It worked! They scored! Sometimes you pull a goalie to jump start your team. It's common.

What is disrespectful is pulling him and then trashing him twice to the reporters and basically telling them you pulled him because you think he should have saved those pucks.

But pulling him to send a message to your team and then telling him, "hey they needed a wake up its not you" is not really a problem.

That said Berube certainly went about the whole thing wrong.

‏@tpanotchCSN 3 hours ago

Berube and Mason met to clear the air today. Mason says he has a thick skin and Berube yanking him and being upset w/2 goals is OK.

(he'll be ok when Berube is gone)  yup that's it.

I think Chief sees the writing on the wall or has been told not to bring anymore art to hang in his office by Hextall. His dealings with the press in regard to his players leads me to believe he's lost this group and knows it. He blew it with Mason a couple weeks ago and has appeared to not care one bit about the player who has kept this team afloat this year.

He will be fired with a winning record, using many mismatched parts.

He's maybe not the right guy for this group, but he might be a good fit for a team with faster players .

I will go on the record In saying that pulling Mason with 2 mins left in the period should not be viewed as disrespectful to him. It worked! They scored! Sometimes you pull a goalie to jump start your team. It's common.

What is disrespectful is pulling him and then trashing him twice to the reporters and basically telling them you pulled him because you think he should have saved those pucks.

But pulling him to send a message to your team and then telling him, "hey they needed a wake up its not you" is not really a problem.

That said Berube certainly went about the whole thing wrong.

Oh absolutely agreed. It's not the first time and won't be the last that a goalie is pulled to try to wake up the team.

It's the mindless post game stuff where he throws Mason under the bus and basically indicates it WASN'T about jump starting the team that is obnoxious.

I know you don't like guys being personally insulted, but he may very well be dead above the neck.

I think Chief sees the writing on the wall or has been told not to bring anymore art to hang in his office by Hextall. His dealings with the press in regard to his players leads me to believe he's lost this group and knows it. He blew it with Mason a couple weeks ago and has appeared to not care one bit about the player who has kept this team afloat this year.

He will be fired with a winning record, using many mismatched parts.

He's maybe not the right guy for this group, but he might be a good fit for a team with faster players .

I don't think he's an NHL coach. Period. Smart hockey mind, by ass.

We have to all get together for a firing celebration party.

If the story about why Reese left is true... and it sounds true...Berube pulling Mason with 2 mins left in the period was just another FU in a long line of FUs from Berube to Mason i guess.

If the story about why Reese left is true... and it sounds true...Berube pulling Mason with 2 mins left in the period was just another FU in a long line of FUs from Berube to Mason i guess.

Don't worry i think it was an act of desperation and he knows he is on his way out...and after the meeting it may get worse....the team may just quit on him...actually i hope they do but they are about to play the Oilers who are the King of tankers (not counting the Pens of course)....so it will be hard for the Flyers to out tank the tank masters!!!

By the way the tank video HF posted is funny as hell and i suggest everyone watch it if they haven't i just forget where he put it. Very very funny.

HF if you read this please post a link..........trail to that video here please i would i just don't remember where it was.

@OccamsRazor

I couldn't stop laughing OR with that video, that guys laugh brings tears to my eyes.

http://www.hockeyforums.net/index.php/topic/64607-kevin-lowe-explains-the-oilers-rebuild/

Who ever did that video did a great job i was laughing out loud my wife walked in the room asking me what i was laughing at i told her she wouldn't get it...

Taylor Hall and his calcium supplements...classic

Archived