Looking to the Draft Hexy would be smart to draft either Timo Meier or Mikko Rantanen

Mario99

I feel like it's speed and a good shot we need more than size?

Yes i listed the height the other days of all the prospects the have in waiting and all the have over 6 foot is Oscar Lindblom.

I feel like it's speed and a good shot we need more than size?

This is what they have now in waiting.........

Cousins 5-11 180

Leier 5-11 180

Bardreau 5-10 195

Akeson 5-10 190

Aube-Kubel 5-11 180

Straka 6-0 195

Martel 5-8 165

Fazleev 6-0 180

Laughton 6-1 190

Parks 5-11 190

Goulbourne 5-10 190

Lindblom 6-2 190

as you can see not a lot of size coming to the rescue....some speed and skill but not much size.

Well... Crouse just got handed a well-deserved 8 game suspension for a seriously dumbass move.  His team (Kingston) was about to get eliminated from the playoffs, so he decided to take a cheapshot at some kids head.  Not the maturity I'm looking for in a 1st round player.  Not the type of player that would enjoy the short leash the refs tend to give Flyers' players.

Oh... and he was already given a suspension for 2-handing a player from behind this year.

Slash:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/gotta-see-it-crouse-delivers-vicious-slash/

Crouse has huge upside and plays both ends of the ice. Very few players make Canada WJC roster as a 17 yr old. Crouse was on the gold medal team this year and was on the PK unit. That says a lot. I hate the cheap shot to the head but it tells me he doesn't like losing, which these Flyers could use a jolt of. I would be delighted with Crouse as a Flyer. I have not seen enough of the other wingers to pass judgement, but big and fast never hurts.

Crouse has huge upside and plays both ends of the ice. Very few players make Canada WJC roster as a 17 yr old. Crouse was on the gold medal team this year and was on the PK unit. That says a lot. I hate the cheap shot to the head but it tells me he doesn't like losing, which these Flyers could use a jolt of. I would be delighted with Crouse as a Flyer. I have not seen enough of the other wingers to pass judgement, but big and fast never hurts.

Some of the mocks have him going to the Devils who pick ahead of the Flyers so he more than likely will be off the board....but you never know mocks are wrong all the time.

@fishbulb  It was a stupid move by Crouse....although I would rather have him with a vicious mean streak and have to reel it in rather than being a big ball of butter. The guy is nowhere close to being drafted by the Flyers, and I can already see him being a marked man by the refs.....just a few stupid moves like that one and he could not sneeze without going to the box...just ask Steve Downie what being a marked man in the O&B can be like....suffocating.

These 2 guys I love we need Wingers, I think Rantanen is a high character guy and

Meier has tons of upside

Under the big shock category....they should pick a few Canadians with the 2 first rounders.

Under the big shock category....they should pick a few Canadians with the 2 first rounders.

I find it strange that they are going to include the top 3 pick in the lottery....next year.....not this year.....wouldn't this year have been just as perfect to do that as any the changed it after last draft so why wait on this rule change???? 

Would have been nice for the Flyers to have had a chance at Mcdavid, Eichel or Strome

These 2 guys I love we need Wingers, I think Rantanen is a high character guy and

Meier has tons of upside

You do realize that Rantanen and Meier are nearly a year older than their draft counterparts. On top of that, the Flyers need left wingers more than anything. These two play the right side.

The Flyers are better off drafting the best player available with their two first round picks and then drafting for need after that.

I know I mentioned this before, but I have watched Meier for the past two Season's and if he is there at 7 I would love to seem them take him.  Big solid kid.  Skill and size, good skater, 44 goals this year.  He is a good kid as well.

I take it the Flyers have all the defensive prospects they need right now? Not after Provorov or Werenski?

Depends on who is available when they pick. I think they will draft D with one of their first round picks, I could easily see them drafting one of the two you mention.

I still think Hextall selects Barzal with the 7th/8th pick and then selects a guy like Brandon Carlo with their second 1st. However, Hextall has gone to see Matej Tomek on numerous occasions, so he might go goaltender.

I just think goaltender should be left to the 2nd and later rounds unless its a generational talent then go for it and there aren't any in this draft...plus they take awhile to develop...so i'd prefer Carlo with the 2nd 1st....

That was nasty hit and he will need to work on that part of his game. I agree that the referees have been brutal on our on-the-edge players, but I don't see this guy being a Downie type player. Besides they can't let the referees dictate who they draft.

From the clips that I have seen, the kid can play. He can skate, score and fight if necessary. IMO the Flyers need a couple of players with skill and size to be competitive. Currently, the team is too soft/small. Simmonds is the only player on the team right now that has that skill/grit combination. You add a couple more guys like him up front and Radko and possibly Morin on defense and this team gets a lot tougher to play against. 

G's line needs a finisher and if Crouse can do a bit of police work as well, then all the better. I would rather not see Vorachek fighting again. I see Crouse as a younger Hartnell that can skate. Anyway, this is all just wishful thinking on my part as he will probably get picked before the 7th spot. 

IMO the Flyers need a couple of players with skill and size to be competitive. Currently, the team is too soft/small. Simmonds is the only player on the team right now that has that skill/grit combination. You add a couple more guys like him up front and Radko and possibly Morin on defense and this team gets a lot tougher to play against.

Some excellent pts Mr.Skull...There is a serious pressing need for toughness, grit and aggressiveness at the forward positions. I think Laughton will provide at least some of that next year, but we don't really have any gritty forwards coming up the pipeline, unless the Ghoul learns how to skate overnight. Radko and Morin fit that bill and they will go a long way to transforming the Flyers and getting closer to that tough identity most Flyer teams naturally have....this current version is really lacking in that department. A full year of Ryan White will also help. It was almost comical to watch Vinny throw down against the Canes...lol.

Goulbourne's best quality is that he can skate like the wind. He'll be a good addition to the club once he's ready.

As for Crouse, it's definitely a possibility that he is drafted by the Flyers, especially if Hextall is looking for size. It could be interesting if the Flyers think he's a guy who's upside is greater than what we're seeing.

Goulbourne's best quality is that he can skate like the wind. He'll be a good addition to the club once he's ready.

Really?  I had read one of his big weaknesses is his skating.....did I get some bad info? 

Really?  I had read one of his big weaknesses is his skating.....did I get some bad info? 

Yeah, not sure who informed you that Goulbourne was a bad skater, but that's simply not true. He is one of the fastest players in the WHL with a superb stride. He can get to top acceleration in three steps and it's helped him become a better defensive checker. He can really move out there.

Archived