McLellan To Flyers?

activestick

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understood. He does still have them for practices. And I'd be interested to know how exactly he is deploying Couturier in his limited time.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I feel like I've seen that somewhere...

I feel like I've seen that somewhere...

Yes, I think it was one of the smarter posters on this very site. They might be a Buddhist or something, not sure.

Yes, I think it was one of the smarter posters on this very site. They might be a Buddhist or something, not sure.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Send a man to swim with the fishes and there's that much more food for everyone else.

Somewhere Berube is laughing.......

"*ha ha ha* and then *ha ha ha* Homer tells me he wants me to be *chortle* head coach *snort* *giggle* *guffaw*

And I say *snicker* yeah, right *ha ha ha* why me? *giggle*

And *he he he* Homer says *chuckle* Homer says *ha ha ha* 'you're one of the smartest hockey minds I know!'"

No, really - TRUE STORY!

ROTFKASLMMFAO

:ph34r:

Well, not for nothing, but:

Giroux, Crosby, Eberle, Ennis, Duchesne, Hall, MacKinnon, O'Reilly, Seguin, Spezza, Couturier, Toffoli, Eakin, Schenn...

It's not like not being dressed in that crowd is shame-worthy...

It's not like Kunitz is on the roster and dressing in front of Schenn :ph34r:

in reality Schenn would not be on the Team if Tavares were there...

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Send a man to swim with the fishes and there's that much more food for everyone else.

So true. I'm trying to come up with something witty, but all I can think about is halibut right now!

Give a man a halibut and you feed him for a day. Give a man a Lumina and he can go catch his own damn halibut (once the wonky transmission warms up, of course).

Give a man a Lumina and he can go catch his own damb halibut (once the wonky transmission warms up, of course).

Unless of course the brakes are also wonky, and the Lumina drives straight into the ocean. In which case we're back to the swimming with the fishes scenario and the problem is, once again, solved.

Unless of course the brakes are also wonky, and the Lumina drives straight into the ocean. In which case we're back to the swimming with the fishes scenario and the problem is, once again, solved.

LOL. You're nothing if not a problem solver Jack.

Wow...i guess that doesn't bode well for Todd in Philly....can't imagine he win Hexy's favor wanting more for Brayden and Coots!!! :ph34r:

Somewhere Berube is laughing.......

Of course he is choosing from the best players not in the playoffs...

I don't think berube knows how to laugh. Which is a shame 'cause His coaching sure was funny.

@AJgoal

So where's he getting that info from?

Sounds like its just his opinion...and JRs. Which doesn't mean much as far as the Flyers are concerned. That doesn't mean McLellan IS high on the Flyers list either though.

I read it as coming from the same source, with the JR stuff being someone actually quotable to fill out his position. I've been known to be wrong, though.

Also, apparently Babcock has come out against taking on GM duties, something that had been thought to be a potential stumbling block to him signing in Philly, should he become available:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2015/05/01/mike-babcock-detroit-red-wings/26715027/

That said, I think Babcock sticks with the Wings. If he doesn't, I still don't think Philly is his landing spot.

@AJgoal

I think he does too. He's got a pretty good gig there. The only reason I see him leaving is wanting to start something new. Like in Philly. :thumbsu:

At the end of the day, this whole Babcock thing could end up just being smoke and mirrors that he created himself to leverage a better payday out of Detroit, where he really wants to stay.

@brelic - very possibly. Especially if he ends up re-signing, why not extend last offseason?

@flyercanuck - I just think if he wants to build something, taking that mess in Toronto and fixing it would be the way to go. Or even Buffalo, they've got a lot of talent coming up. Philly is still mired somewhere in between really bad and really good, with no clear way to really improve. He'd certainly be revered here if he brought a cup (how many statues is it now for the Bullies?), but it wouldn't approach what would happen if he ended Toronto's drought. He isn't really an Ontario guy, though. I just don't know.

Archived