McLellan To Flyers?

activestick

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he will be. I know the Babcock to Philadelphia rumours have surfaced, but I think Babcock goes to Toronto with his good buddy Shanahan and tries to change the dynamic and culture in Toronto. McLellan just seems to be too good of a fit for the Flyers and it will be interesting to see how well he works with Giroux, Schenn and Couturier at the worlds. If they do a lot of good things there, he'll be the coach of the Flyers in a nano-second and I expect that the only assistant to survive will be Mullen because of how well the power play runs under his watch.

From what I've read, he's on the Flyers' short list. It'll be interesting to see if he gets signed by anyone before Detroit gets eliminated. I think he'll be waiting until after Babcock signs somewhere.

From what I've read, he's on the Flyers' short list. It'll be interesting to see if he gets signed by anyone before Detroit gets eliminated. I think he'll be waiting until after Babcock signs somewhere.

He's also coaching Canada in the upcoming World Championships, I doubt he'll sign anywhere before that's over.

I'm not real familiar with his style but what makes him so desirable? Babcock would be the first choice for most but why is McLellan 2nd?

I look at Julian's Boston teams. They never had superstars and they won with a lot of toughness and grit. I'll take winning no matter what way they do it but I'd rather win with toughness and grit than finessw. I'm not sure what happened to them this year but they would be playing today if Ottawa didn't go on a tear.

I agree, Jack. How that team does will also likely affect his desirability. I'd be interested to see what kind of system he employs, and how it would presumably translate to this particular group of players in Philly.

murraycraven, you are either very argumentative and your wife always gets the last word or you don't really pay attention. Yes Detroit is the model, but those draft picks generally play years in the minors. The conversation up for topic is that McClellan has never COACHED a young team, only veteran laden teams.

McKenzie tweeted that the Sharks need to be kept in the loop on any decision McLellan makes. Is it possible the Sharks would get some type of compensation from whomever hires him?

murraycraven, you are either very argumentative and your wife always gets the last word or you don't really pay attention. Yes Detroit is the model, but those draft picks generally play years in the minors. The conversation up for topic is that McClellan has never COACHED a young team, only veteran laden teams.

relax dude.... I was simply answering your question.   You might want to go back and s-l-o-w-l-y read exactly what you wrote b/c what you are saying now and what you were asking are two different completely different questions.  I simply asnwered your question... not my issue if you went to the Toughfighter school of grammar.  

And I quote:  "Can he work with and develop young talent? That is my only question. Detroit and San Jose have never been that."

Sorry if all of us need to read the tea leaves to understand your question.   Not sure why you are attacking me for answering a question.   Maybe if you asked the intended question before writing a completley different Q you wouldn't have to be so defensive.   Lighten up Francis... 

To answer your question - McLellan has been very successful coaching in the AHL, NHL, Jrs and happens to be coaching the World this year...

Archived