Timonen Benched

King Knut

Personally i thought his partner Kyle Cumiskey Was playing a lot worse in the few minutes I noticed.

A few times Kimmo was caught out of position while trying to cover for Cuminsky blowing his own coverage and when I saw timmo get beat badly it was when he was covering two guys at once.

But oh well. Maybe they'll bring him back in before the end I hope he gets to play in the final game if the Hawks win.

Either way either Coburn or Kimmo will have his name on the cup this year. And our 'other' pick from the Hawks is getting better and better.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Timonen has simply been painful to watch. He looks horrible.

I'm asking this part seriously because I really don't knew: if the Hawks win and he either hasn't played again or only once, has he played enough to get his name on the Cup? Is there a rule?

I'm asking this part seriously because I really don't knew: if the Hawks win and he either hasn't played again or only once, has he played enough to get his name on the Cup? Is there a rule?

Going off the top of my head but if you play a playoff game, you are on the cup

Yes they have made the finals even if Kimmo doesn't suit up again the Flyer get a 2nd in this upcoming draft and a 2nd in 2016...so i hope he can hoist the Cup now as he rides into the sunset....and sadly he has not looked good at most times these playoffs...he just isn't a top Dman anymore and he may not even play again. Because the way the Bolts are playing their speed will certainly expose him. Hexy did well getting 2 2nd for a shell of his former self.

@OccamsRazor I saw one defensvie sequence in game #5 (think it was that game, not positive) which Kimo laid out flat to block a shot, basically risked getting hit in the face to block it!!  He may be struggling, but it's a physical thing, mentally he is right into the game and trying to do as much as humanly possible to contribute in a positive manner.

When it is all said and done, I believe Kimo will impact this series, he will be used and will reward the Hawks coaches for having faith in him!

@OccamsRazor I saw one defensvie sequence in game #5 (think it was that game, not positive) which Kimo laid out flat to block a shot, basically risked getting hit in the face to block it!!  He may be struggling, but it's a physical thing, mentally he is right into the game and trying to do as much as humanly possible to contribute in a positive manner.

When it is all said and done, I believe Kimo will impact this series, he will be used and will reward the Hawks coaches for having faith in him!

I agree...he looks waaaay slower than last which was to be expected...i feel bad for him there just isn't anything left in the tank. Yes mentally he is sharp as always but he can't seem to will his body to do what his mind wants.

Maybe he will get an added boost of adrenaline knowing he is in the finals and at most only has 7 games left in his playing career.

Man i would love for Hak to hire him to his staff and let him run the defense...i don't think you could find a better teacher/coach.

But he may want to go home and let his kids grow up in Finland.

Man i would love for Hak to hire him to his staff and let him run the defense...i don't think you could find a better teacher/coach.

YES....that is a GREAT idea OR...man oh man, would LOVE to have Kimo on the coaching staff. Cannot think of anyone else I would want for the job. Chris Pronger vacated that role when he left to work for the NHL....so in theory, there should be an opening...actually, I'm sure Hak will want to add some veteran coaches, so that may work against Kimo...

@OccamsRazor I saw one defensvie sequence in game #5 (think it was that game, not positive) which Kimo laid out flat to block a shot, basically risked getting hit in the face to block it!! He may be struggling, but it's a physical thing, mentally he is right into the game and trying to do as much as humanly possible to contribute in a positive manner.

I remember that play and frankly it's one of the ones I was talking about where he was covering for his partner being out of position and getting beat.

He's not himself because his old self could cover for a crappy pairing and basically be a D man and a half better than the 40 year old who had to take 9 months off.

YES....that is a GREAT idea OR...man oh man, would LOVE to have Kimo on the coaching staff. Cannot think of anyone else I would want for the job. Chris Pronger vacated that role when he left to work for the NHL....so in theory, there should be an opening...actually, I'm sure Hak will want to add some veteran coaches, so that may work against Kimo...

Kimmo wants to go home and raise his kids back there. I don't think he'll consider it.

Kimmo wants to go home and raise his kids back there. I don't think he'll consider it.

oh yeah, I do remember reading something like that. Whatever he decides, I'm ok with....he's just been a part of my life for so long, it would be hard to part ways....would make me feel good to know he's still around....know what I mean?

oh yeah, I do remember reading something like that. Whatever he decides, I'm ok with....he's just been a part of my life for so long, it would be hard to part ways....would make me feel good to know he's still around....know what I mean?

Totally. That's why I want him in the last ge of the Hawks manage to win.

I felt the same about Rico but that poor sucker retired a flyer. At least he had the good sense to win a cup before coming to Philly. Of course his front office job didn't last so long, mostly I think because he ultimately wanted to return to his homeland as well. Albeit his is a bit closer.

I think it's been a real difficult transition for Kimmo to make since he's been used to top line minutes for most of his career. His minutes have been so few, I don't think he's been able to get back up to speed. I think it's a real shame the way things are going down in Chi with him because he's not really being trusted enough to have a chance. He has not played well, but it's my belief that the low minutes is a real contributor to that. 

Quenville is not in the mood to take the risk, so I don't imagine much changing. He's gonna ride his 4 horsemen right into the ground and they're gonna live or die by that. Don't really expect to see Kimmo unless they jump out to a lead in the series. Like.. 3-0 lead. 

I think it's been a real difficult transition for Kimmo to make since he's been used to top line minutes for most of his career. His minutes have been so few, I don't think he's been able to get back up to speed. I think it's a real shame the way things are going down in Chi with him because he's not really being trusted enough to have a chance. He has not played well, but it's my belief that the low minutes is a real contributor to that.

Quenville is not in the mood to take the risk, so I don't imagine much changing. He's gonna ride his 4 horsemen right into the ground and they're gonna live or die by that. Don't really expect to see Kimmo unless they jump out to a lead in the series. Like.. 3-0 lead.

Yeah. And unless they dress seven defensemen just to get him in for a few minutes.

Yeah. And unless they dress seven defensemen just to get him in for a few minutes.

I could see them dressing him for game 1...they would have some time in the series to recover, hopefully if it backfires...

I could see them dressing him for game 1...they would have some time in the series to recover, hopefully if it backfires...

Maybe. The other scenario that maybe works is they win game one and dress him for game two with the thought they already at least split the away games.

Maybe. The other scenario that maybe works is they win game one and dress him for game two with the thought they already at least split the away games.

Yes that makes sense as well if not more so.

Something tells me that Kimo will play a significant role in the finals. Injuries tend to happen this time of year, especially when considering the Hawks defense took a severe pounding against the Ducks. There is probably already injuries that we are not privy to....I'm betting Kimo gets his chance to atone for his previous less than stellar outings in playoff games with the Hawks....just a gut feeling. I don't think the story has been fully written in regards to this trade.

Something tells me that Kimo will play a significant role in the finals. Injuries tend to happen this time of year, especially when considering the Hawks defense took a severe pounding against the Ducks. There is probably already injuries that we are not privy to....I'm betting Kimo gets his chance to atone for his previous less than stellar outings in playoff games with the Hawks....just a gut feeling. I don't think the story has been fully written in regards to this trade.

I think you're probably wrong. Cumiskey (sp?) is fine (!). I like his game.

Archived