Terry Murray to Sabres.

sekkes85

I am so glad he's not coming to Philly as an assistant. I really want nothing to do with him.  Poor choice by Buffalo, too--not that I'm shocked by a poor choice in Buffalo.

I'd rather cut bait and move on with new blood.

Was hoping he would join as an assistant under Hakstol. So much for that! Need to find a new Phantoms coach now and sort out the assistants.

Glad he is gone i don't want no part of a head coach who has a plan of icing 3 goons in a lineup...Mathers-Stortini-Rosehill what a waste of roster space and lineup...and development time for the kids...buh bye!

The Daily News is reporting that Riley Cote is a candidate for the HC job with the Phantoms. I really hope not.

JFC i hope not i don't even want that bonehead on he damn bench...WTF is with the club and their damn obsession with meat heads...gad**mn this better be a false report!

The Daily News is reporting that Riley Cote is a candidate for the HC job with the Phantoms.  I really hope not.

If they must hire an X Flyer go hire Joel Otto to coach the Phantoms!!!

Kimmo Timonen!    #Warrior

(EDIT:  I was only half serious at best, but actually, if we're going to have all these young defensemen coming through there, he might actually not be a horrible idea.  He's a thinking guy, knows a bit about offense, and clearly would know defense)

Good gawd...I hope not!!!  What the he double hockey sticks could this organization possibly see in hiring another ex-Flyer player.  I want Hakstol to be in on the hiring process and that requires a hockey brain which I am sure Cote does not posses.  Good Grief...come back from lunch and I have to read this crap! (meaning the possiblility of Cote as Phantoms HC)

Kimmo Timonen!    #Warrior

(EDIT:  I was only half serious at best, but actually, if we're going to have all these young defensemen coming through there, he might actually not be a horrible idea.  He's a thinking guy, knows a bit about offense, and clearly would know defense)

He said he didn't want to coach right now...

Since when does coaching the Phantoms have a damn thing to do with actually, um, coaching?

Well i was kinda hoping since the changing of the guard was taking place...we would could FINALLY get some coaching for the kids...please tell me it's still possible...

Since when does coaching the Phantoms have a damn thing to do with actually, um, coaching?

coaching is sooooo overrated....just throw your goon line out their on your 1st line and let them go to work and then sit back, relax and get a paycheck!  :ph34r:

So......Buffalo lost out on the MacDavid sweepstakes, and now have hired a dolt to help coach that steaming pile. I mean this dude was out of the NHL after the FL stint for 6-7 years for a reason. Another fine offseason in upstate NY. Sorry Rick.

Try JDRC -- Jesus Dinosaur-riding Christ.

I usually go with Jesus Dope-Smoking Christ, but yours has a nice sardonic second level, well done

Buh-bye Terry, don't let the door hit you on your way out. I haven't liked him as a coach since his brilliant comment of a "choking situation". As a coach, I think he makes Dan Bylsma look like Scotty Bowman. 'Nuff said.

@FD19372

Hmmm..... Bylsma + Murray = ???? when it is time for in-game adjustments, Blylsma is gonna ask Murray(since he can't do it for himself) for advice and Murray's response will be to put out the goon line and sit Eichel. :ph34r:

What about Ian Laperriere ?

He will be able to instil work ethic and accountability. 

I have a different take on the goon to coach idea than most and it is this:  I think these guys love the game and clearly do whatever it takes to play it professionally.

I think they're not all bone heads, and they watch a lot of hockey from up close at the NHL level.  If they gooned for a decent coach they may learn through osmosis or they may be curious and ask a pile of questions when they're delivering the pop-corn or at practice .  I don't know how smart Riley Cote is or isn't , I do know he has done whatever to stay associated with the team and that tells  me he'd work hard to be the best he could be.  

EDIT: i don't care about Murray one way or the other... good luck T-dawg enjoy the wings and beef on wick.

So, you're saying they made Bylsma better by signing Murray?

:hocky:

Um, HELL and NO. Both are so bad that the only way I would want them near my team is if the team wore hazmat suits instead of hockey jerseys and pants.

Archived