Flyers rip off the Leafs

jammer2

I read a great article on Konecny on SB Nation , it also showed incredible videos of him. He has an incredible shot, in spite of what those morons said on NBSCN he is an awesome skater and he looks like an incredible player.He couldbe a scoring machine. I couldnt copy the link for some reason,sorry

I love it the Flyers had one hell of a 1st round. Very excited to see what they do tomorrow!

Provorov and Konecny both on the wish list great picks by the Flyers. Now with Konecny on the team and his position being a RW  plus Laughton coming up I would imagine B.Schenns days are numbered with the Flyers. I know Konecny isn't ready for NHL action yet but do you guys see Schenn traded maybe tomorrow for draft picks and or players?

The trade happened too soon after that pick.  I actually think they were eyeing Juulsen or Larsson.

Well they do have phones and guys out there who kind of know who is going next...who knows...Leafs went further down without a pick good for them.

@OccamsRazor  Bro, it was HILARIOUS....I had 6 people over to watch the draft, one was a Habs fan, the other 5 were Leaf fans. The general consensus was the first move back was ok, but they FREAKED when the  passed up on 29 and moved right out the first round.  It was actually a BUNCH of fun to watch them squirm and swear up a storm!!  LOL!

No doubt, the kid they were targeting went before the Leafs picked....so they decided to move back yet again....this much I know, they could have had Travis Konecny to themselves instead of moving back.....THEN, when they did move back they had a shot at Nick Merkley at #29 before they traded back yet again, the Hockey News Draft Preview had Nick Merkley rated #15, and the Leafs had a shot at #29....hard to believe they would pass on a value like that!!!

It should be interesting to chart the careers of Merks and Kons and see just what the Leafs passed up...and who in the hell they eventually draft. I wonder if the Leafs might target the Spits 6'3 power forward McCool. He should go in and around the 3rd round, so he just might be a Leaf target with all their extra mid round picks.

Did the Leafs really turn around and trade #29 and completely out of the first round with it?

:rolleyes:

You can't script this stuff folks. I think the Leafs ownership is trying to sabotage their chances of winning. The mission statement is to be the Chicago Cubs of hockey.

@OccamsRazor  Bro, it was HILARIOUS....I had 6 people over to watch the draft, one was a Habs fan, the other 5 were Leaf fans. The general consensus was the first move back was ok, but they FREAKED when the  passed up on 29 and moved right out the first round.  It was actually a BUNCH of fun to watch them squirm and swear up a storm!!  LOL!

No doubt, the kid they were targeting went before the Leafs picked....so they decided to move back yet again....this much I know, they could have had Travis Konecny to themselves instead of moving back.....THEN, when they did move back they had a shot at Nick Merkley at #29 before they traded back yet again, the Hockey News Draft Preview had Nick Merkley rated #15, and the Leafs had a shot at #29....hard to believe they would pass on a value like that!!!

It should be interesting to chart the careers of Merks and Kons and see just what the Leafs passed up...and who in the hell they eventually draft. I wonder if the Leafs might target the Spits 6'3 power forward McCool. He should go in and around the 3rd round, so he just might be a Leaf target with all their extra mid round picks.

Wow that sounds like it was very fun just to watch the reaction of the Leafs fans on it's own...must see TV.

Wow that sounds like it was very fun just to watch the reaction of the Leafs fans on it's own...must see TV.

The shocked look on their faces when they moved back for the 2nd time....priceless. I will always treasure that moment.....ha ha!

They already got Strome. They picked up a bunch of extra picks for day 2 in a very deep draft. It's not sexy but you get a lot more chances to hit on some guys that would normally be first rounders.

They already got Strome. They picked up a bunch of extra picks for day 2 in a very deep draft. It's not sexy but you get a lot more chances to hit on some guys that would normally be first rounders.

Off topic...Nice Avatar BTW

Archived