Ryan White re-signed to 1 year contract

RJ8812

I don't know why everyone is so smitten with Ryan White.

Because he is a great grinder bottom 6 guy who is damn good on the faceoffs and can drop the gloves when need be. And for 575K it's a hell of a bargain.

He is what they wanted Zac to be.

Nice pay bump for White. I would have preferred a two year deal, but maybe he wants to try to raise his value a bit here.

The Philadelphia Flyers have signed gritty forward Ryan White to a one-year extension, the club announced on Tuesday.

According TVA’s Renaud Lavoie, the deal is a one-way contract worth $800,000.

White recorded career highs in goals (6), assists (6) and points (12) in 34 games with the Flyers last season. The 27-year-old also appeared in 11 American Hockey League games with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, scoring a goal and two assists.

He missed the first three months of the season recovering from an injury to his left pectoralis muscle suffered during an off-season workout.

The new contract gives White a $225,000 raise on his previous deal.

Per Generalfanager.com, the Flyers have 13 forwards, seven defensemen and a goaltender under contract for next season with a little over $6 million in cap space to work with heading into July 1.

Nice pay bump for White. I would have preferred a two year deal, but maybe he wants to try to raise his value a bit here.

The Philadelphia Flyers have signed gritty forward Ryan White to a one-year extension, the club announced on Tuesday.

According TVA’s Renaud Lavoie, the deal is a one-way contract worth $800,000.

White recorded career highs in goals (6), assists (6) and points (12) in 34 games with the Flyers last season. The 27-year-old also appeared in 11 American Hockey League games with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, scoring a goal and two assists.

He missed the first three months of the season recovering from an injury to his left pectoralis muscle suffered during an off-season workout.

The new contract gives White a $225,000 raise on his previous deal.

Per Generalfanager.com, the Flyers have 13 forwards, seven defensemen and a goaltender under contract for next season with a little over $6 million in cap space to work with heading into July 1.

So he got a raise i didn't see that generalfanagerhad him listed at 575K.

Still a good deal if he is making 800K.

wheels, strong on faceoffs, has decent hands, good hockey iq and he's cheap.  to me he's the born Flyer.

to me he's the born Flyer.

I was saying the exact same thing the second we signed White. Easily my favourite non Flyer before we signed him to a deal. I was telling everyone I could, this guy was born to be a Flyer!! Never stops working, one of the toughest middleweights in the league, very nice on draws, fast enough to generate a better than average forecheck.....AND just as important, wears his heart on his sleeve like all great Flyers!! I LOVE the way he always puts forth the same effort, whether the score is tied, we are up 7 or down 7....he always lets it hang out, leaves it all on the ice...I respect the HELL out of that!!

I'm trying to figure out why *you* are not smitten with Ryan like the rest of us....I don't see any holes in his game.

I'm trying to figure out why *you* are not smitten with Ryan like the rest of us....I don't see any holes in his game.

So i'm guessing the 4th line is pretty much set....

VDV-White-Bellemare

Nice...

...however i think Hak will maybe love Bellemare's speed and defensive awareness and move him up the lineup....maybe we'll see...

So i'm guessing the 4th line is pretty much set....

VDV-White-Bellemare

Nice...

...however i think Hak will maybe love Bellemare's speed and defensive awareness and move him up the lineup....maybe we'll see...

I don't think anything is written in stone at this point. A kid like Leier could have a great camp and make the team, he plays a nice 200 foot game and excels at defense, decent speed...seems like the kind of player Hakstol would take a nice long look at.

I don't think anything is written in stone at this point. A kid like Leier could have a great camp and make the team, he plays a nice 200 foot game and excels at defense, decent speed...seems like the kind of player Hakstol would take a nice long look at.

I agree he could but barring someone just lighting it up i expect all the kids to start in the AHL...especially with stiffs like VLC, RJ and Mcdud on the roster...they can only have 23...so you can go ahead and pencil in Vinny in one of those spots...

...also barring the magican known as Hextall working up some spells to remove say VLC and Luke there just isn't room.

In the old NHL were you could just Wade Redden Vinny, RJ and Mcdud yeah he kids may earn a spot but it ain't happening to start the season i don't think...later in the season yes.

I guess I need to expand my horizon.  This guy has been kicking around the league for how long and hasn't stuck with any one team until now I guess.  I will have to watch him a little closer this Season.

Good signing Mr. Hextall.

Better than, say, a multiple year extension for Rinaldo...

:cool[1]:

This guy has been kicking around the league for how long and hasn't stuck with any one team until now I guess.

He's on his second team. He was in the Habs' organization from 08-09 through 13-14 and then came to the Flyers last year.

He's the kind of guy you need in a cap world - a defensively responsible bottom 6 player who knows his role, can take faceoffs, can take advantage of offensive opportunities, drops the gloves once in a while and plays for a reasonable cap number.

It's a nice signing, not a game changer (and doesn't need to be).

He's on his second team. He was in the Habs' organization from 08-09 through 13-14 and then came to the Flyers last year.

He's the kind of guy you need in a cap world - a defensively responsible bottom 6 player who knows his role, can take faceoffs, can take advantage of offensive opportunities, drops the gloves once in a while and plays for a reasonable cap number.

It's a nice signing, not a game changer (and doesn't need to be).

Yes i would say he is everything they envisioned Zac to transform into when they selected him as their PK project type bottom 6 guy...he never did so Hexy last summer hedged his bet and has just dumped Zac and went to his backup plan.

Yes i would say he is everything they envisioned Zac to transform into when they selected him as their PK project type bottom 6 guy...he never did so Hexy last summer hedged his bet and has just dumped Zac and went to his backup plan.

I wouldn't say dumped, more like walked to the end of the rainbow and found a third rounder

Archived