My next moves I want are

Chris Stewart and vlc terminating his contract. I think Stewart brings much needed size up front and I think he can produce on this team with the skill we have.

Now that they plan on keeping Gagner, which disappoints me, Having Gagner and Stewart on the same roster, The Coach will be in rehab by years end, and Mason would have torn everything. 

Now that they plan on keeping Gagner, which disappoints me, Having Gagner and Stewart on the same roster, The Coach will be in rehab by years end, and Mason would have torn everything.

The good news is that there'll be plenty of Meds to manage mase's pains.

You know, for as much flak as Sam Gagner gets, call me optimistic, but I've got a fantastic feeling that he's going to rebound very well when he plays the wing. He was continually forced into the center role from his days in Edmonton and Phoenix and it was clear he's just not cut out to be a center. Now that Hextall has said he's probably going to the wing and Gagner has said that he'll play either wing, I think he's due to produce and put up career numbers. I'm not sure if some on here are old enough to remember, but his dad went through the same thing and his dad's game really didn't come together until he was traded away from the Rangers to Minnesota North Stars and once Dave was moved to the wing instead of center, the rest was history.

EDIT: In terms of what I'd like to see going forward, it's pretty simple. Continue cutting dead weight and replace from within. Use guys like Mark Alt, Nick Cousins, Taylor Leier, etc.....going forward and let them grow into their roles. I suppose signing an AHL veteran backup so that Stolarz can start in Lehigh Valley wouldn't be a bad move either.

Greetings:

I don't want any costly UFAs because in reality, this season is another transition year needed to test the youngins and bleed out the deadwood. Candidly, we may not be much better this year, not because we aren't better on paper but rather, we will take time to learn a system and I suspect turnover of bodies from the A and back.  But that doesn't bug me....we are aiming in the right direction.

Let's enjoy the Fourth....but not follow in Foster Brooks' footsteps and celebrate with a fifth. 

Howie

Love to see one of three d-men moved out...

Oil.. Sharks   Nucks..

Luke,  Mcdud   Streit... 

Scratch the Sharks unless you are retaining.

With the signings of Paul Martin and Joel Ward, as well as Martin Jones, our cap space has disappeared.

Archived