Flyers to waive MacDonald at noon today

brelic

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have put Mcdud on the list but due to his contract the best they can hope for is what happened today...waivers....

barrel_monster1.jpg

That looks like a Hal Gill-Andrew MacDonald hybrid right there.

This is what happens Andy when you hand out with that horse-toothed Penguin:

CJ18bP_VAAAcafv.jpg

Crosby was probably telling him during the get together how much he enjoyed his presence back there on the Flyers blue line and to keep up the good work! 

I thought Crosby said he can't stand anybody on the flyers. You know during the playoff series the great goalie fluery had a complete melt down and Crosby running around and hiding behind Pierre and the pens players?

He said he hates the Flyers.

But MacDonald wasn't on that team.

I think he liked MacDonald on the Flyers.

What opposing team wouldn't?

Crosby was probably telling him during the get together how much he enjoyed his presence back there on the Flyers blue line and to keep up the good work! 

Hopefully, he was recruiting him.

as much as I am excited to see MacDud fall to the Phantoms I can't stop feeling this is only Hextall "buying time" to make a move.  I cant for the life of me see any Team taking him... just a matter of time until MacDud is back up in the O&B.    

Greetings:

I think this move is courageous but not cause for so much joy.  Agreed, a million in cap helps.  But gosh, what a load to carry down the road...it is still 4 million, unless the capologists say otherwise.  

Best,

Howie

as much as I am excited to see MacDud fall to the Phantoms I can't stop feeling this is only Hextall "buying time" to make a move.  I cant for the life of me see any Team taking him... just a matter of time until MacDud is back up in the O&B.    

Well he doesn't really have to make a move now that he is waived. Just every 30 days Mcdud has to go through waivers again. So maybe just maybe we;ll be lucky and someone actually claims him....very unlikely but we can hold out hope.

However Mcdud won't really have an effect on this team going forward much...even if he is inserted back into the lineup. If this team starts to lose and keeps on losing Hexy will do something he'll have no choice.

Greetings:

I think this move is courageous but not cause for so much joy.  Agreed, a million in cap helps.  But gosh, what a load to carry down the road...it is still 4 million, unless the capologists say otherwise.  

Best,

Howie

I'm just happy Laughton and Manning are being kept and given a shot on the BIG club i think they have deserved it. Bravo for them no one gives a rat ass about Mcdud....he is just an afterthought now that he has been waived.

But gosh, what a load to carry down the road...it is still 4 million, unless the capologists say otherwise.

$4.05M still on the cap. $950K savings. Enough for Laughton with about $670K to spare.

Well he doesn't really have to make a move now that he is waived.

I'm just happy Laughton and Manning are being kept and given a shot on the BIG club i think they have deserved it. Bravo for them no one gives a rat ass about Mcdud....he is just an afterthought now that he has been waived.

They can't keep Laughton up unless MacDud™ goes to Allentown.

He's going to Allentown.

I'm not sure what's better...hearing McDud was waived....especially after Tim Pinocchio told us all yesterday that Luke Schenn would be waived today...or finally being done jury duty.

I remember I got called to jury duty 2 weeks before I was heading to Europe. Lucky for me, I didn't have to do it.

Archived