The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

16 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Congrats to HF. Got me by 29 points, and has more players than me today. 

Thanks AJ, I think I did a better job of playing the best players than I did last week and they came through.  17 points from Barkov was the highlight of the week.

In this league the top 6 are all winners, you've had a great season coming back from a slow start. -- Well Done!!  

@J0e Th0rnton and @yave1964 have a nice match going much too hard to pick a winner as they look evenly matched up today.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Thanks AJ, I think I did a better job of playing the best players than I did last week and they came through.  17 points from Barkov was the highlight of the week.

In this league the top 6 are all winners, you've had a great season coming back from a slow start. -- Well Done!!

@J0e Th0rnton and @yave1964 have a nice match going much too hard to pick a winner as they look evenly matched up today.

I think you got me in Philly.com, too much to overcome and outmanned with one day to go. Congrats HF, well played!

1 hour ago, yave1964 said:

I think you got me in Philly.com, too much to overcome and outmanned with one day to go. Congrats HF, well played!

Well, I hope so, thanks!  :CelebratingSmiley2:   I haven't won this league since the very first year I played and that is before it became a pay league.

I really thought I blew it on Wednesday not setting my roster. Hopefully, Yahoo is doing what it says its is in having only one week championships, otherwise I think I'll be toast next week as I used all my 5 add/drops to max out my roster for today.  

I'm in another tight match up with Metadeke.  This one will go down to the wire.  I need lots of scoring today to face @ruxpin for the NAHANA championship.

I am glad both of our teams brought their A games to the finals. This is not some random week where one of us gets 120 points while the other gets 180. We both have over 180 and are within points of each other, despite that we both suffered a grievous injury to an A+ caliber player this weekend.

Congrats to ALL teams who played this year.  There were a lot of close matches. 

Congrats to @J0e Th0rnton and @yave1964 for a great final match.

Congrats to @hf101 for winning the Philly.com league

Congrats to @AJgoal for making top 6 in All Star League despite the very slow start.

Congrats to @TropicalFruitGirl26 for what looks to be a runaway win in the Bantam League and thus joining us in the All Star League next year.

Thank you everyone for a great season!

6 hours ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Down to the wire in all Stars!

A mere 5 points separates Yave and I.

Good luck my friend!

Great match Joe, either way it goes we have the two top scores of any team in the league this week, as it should be for a championship game. I can sense a great and fun  rivalry brewing! Good luck today.

49 minutes ago, hf101 said:

Well, I hope so, thanks!  :CelebratingSmiley2:   I haven't won this league since the very first year I played and that is before it became a pay league.

I really thought I blew it on Wednesday not setting my roster. Hopefully, Yahoo is doing what it says its is in having only one week championships, otherwise I think I'll be toast next week as I used all my 5 add/drops to max out my roster for today.

I'm in another tight match up with Metadeke.  This one will go down to the wire.  I need lots of scoring today to face @ruxpin for the NAHANA championship.

Yeah we both used our five transactions up so if we do continue playing through the end of the regular season it will create some unusual and interesting lineups. Still very confused by the yahoo message they sent, I assume, like you that the season is over today but not certain. That borders on bizarre and is one of the few problems I have had with Yahoo in the several years I have played on it, they usually make things much clearer than this. Anyway good luck today.

HF101 and MEtadeke are neck and neck in the Semi finals of NAHANA too. Tied in goals, within an assist and a point  and a PPP of each other. All goalie cats razor close.

Both have 9 skaters and some goalies playing today too.

Rux was nervous going into this round vs Ladyneat, but his team is having a pretty incredible week and he ran away with it.

All stars finals Score is currently 195.9 to 192.5.

We both have a few more guys playing tonight, but the Flyers vs Pens game resulted in the lead switching several times.

If we both hit 200+ points, it would be epic. Other than the double week, 200+ point weeks have been rare.

1 minute ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

All stars finals Score is currently 195.9 to 192.5.

We both have a few more guys playing tonight, but the Flyers vs Pens game resulted in the lead switching several times.

If we both hit 200+ points, it would be epic. Other than the double week, 200+ point weeks have been rare.

I currently have 192.6 with 4 players left also. 

Congrats to Putting on the Foil ( @yave1964) for a great year and being crowned the HF.net All Star League FHL Champion.

Congrats to @J0e Th0rnton for a great season and for being an excellent GM!

TEAM                                  MAR 28 MAR 29 MAR 30 MAR 31 APR 1 APR 2 APR 3   SCORE
Halifax Sharknado   41 33.2 20.7 33.2 15.7 41.8 14.7   200.3
Putting on the Foil   29.9 15.8 26.6 43.7 24.9 39.6 26.9   207.4

Congrats to Green Star Blades ( @TropicalFruitGirl26) for a great year and being crowned the HF.net Bantam League FHL Champion.

TEAM                                  MAR 28 MAR 29 MAR 30 MAR 31 APR 1 APR 2 APR 3   SCORE
Green Star Blades   34.4 32.9 37.3 32.9 19.9 23.9 23.5   204.8
Bambi on Ice   4.2 17.1 6.1 31.3 19.5 20.5 28.6   127.3

First I want to be the first in here to congratulate HF on winning Philly.com beating me in the finals, it was razor thin, if my goaltenders had performed well in the finals it would have been a different story but HF absolutely is a deserving champion! I will be back next year to give it a run at recapturing the crown. HF may be the absolute best fantasy player around as testified to by making the final four in two leagues and winning in another.

Second congrats to Joe in a great year, 200 points each in the finals with about a half dozen (at least) lead changes on Sunday alone. Wow what a series! I feel honored having beaten such a great team, Kesler was the difference for me with 37 points alone, and many of them on Sunday. Like I said, congrats Joe on a great year!

Nahana it is Metedeke taking on Rux, I picked Rux all year even before the Crosby deal and no sense changing now. Gonna be rooting for a back to back champion!

DAMNIT.

good match Yave :) and congratz.

It was basically like going to game 7 Overtime in the Cup finals. We both performed so well I can't complain lol.

Congratz to Metadeke and HF on a fantastic close semi's match as well. And congratz to Rux for making my acquired draft picks higher.

My work league i over and I dominated the finals. Only league I was in with a cash prize, so I am happy as a clam, and I get bragging rights at work for a year lol. I also look like a genius for trading Karlsson to my finals opponent for Burns back in November. People made it seem like I was crazy, but Burns dominated Karlsson in the playoffs as expected

First I want to be the first in here to congratulate HF on winning Philly.com beating me in the finals, it was razor thin, if my goaltenders had performed well in the finals it would have been a different story but HF absolutely is a deserving champion! I will be back next year to give it a run at recapturing the crown. HF may be the absolute best fantasy player around as testified to by making the final four in two leagues and winning in another.

Thankyou @yave1964, that was kind, I'm far from the best fhl player around, just the toughest to make a trade with. ;)  Thanks for a great match.  The Philly.com league is a tough league to win and I haven't won it since 2007 the year I first played fantasy hockey. Each year I think the challenge gets tougher and tougher and I'm happy to just be in the mix.

Congratulations to @yave1964 on winning the first ever HF.net All Star League.  This year's playoffs were quite competitive in the All Star League and I hope next year adding in the Champs from the Bantam A league (Congrats to @TropicalFruitGirl26 in her first year of playing fantasy hockey, btw) will make this an even more challenging league next year.  As we build this set of leagues to 36 members I look forward to the challenge of staying in the All Star League every year.  Thus, congrats also to @J0e Th0rnton, @AJgoal, @pilldoc who does a tremendous job running this league, and @Bakanekimiwa .   Congrats also to the top 6 of the Bantam A League - @TropicalFruitGirl26, @The Mountain Man, @FD19372, @teenagemutantninjahertl , Leafs Nation and Team Gordon.  I'm looking forward to you all in the All Star League next year.      We hope to have 2 Bantam Leagues next year so we need to recruit early to fill up both leagues.  

A team of mine has only been in the Finals once in 6 years of NAHANA so if @ruxpin can win this 2 years in a row... that is no small feat!  Congrats also out to Metadeke too, that was probably the closest match I've ever played on the last day of a week.  It should be one great battle.

1 hour ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

DAMNIT.

good match Yave :) and congratz.

It was basically like going to game 7 Overtime in the Cup finals. We both performed so well I can't complain lol.

Congratz to Metadeke and HF on a fantastic close semi's match as well. And congratz to Rux for making my acquired draft picks higher.

My work league i over and I dominated the finals. Only league I was in with a cash prize, so I am happy as a clam, and I get bragging rights at work for a year lol. I also look like a genius for trading Karlsson to my finals opponent for Burns back in November. People made it seem like I was crazy, but Burns dominated Karlsson in the playoffs as expected

our match came down to a game winning short handed goal by Kesler.I am trying to remember where I got him from :ph34r:.

No in all seriousness when Fleury went down I told the wife it was over. I thought that losing him would finish me off for sure. Just a great, epic battle. Sucks that we both couldn't win.....

Congrats to everyone. Thanks to @pilldocfor keeping this all going. I don't pay a ton of attention to my FHL teams, so pretty pleased with finishing higher than I did last year that (aside from the fact that I needed to to stay in...).

4 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

our match came down to a game winning short handed goal by Kesler.I am trying to remember where I got him from :ph34r:.

No in all seriousness when Fleury went down I told the wife it was over. I thought that losing him would finish me off for sure. Just a great, epic battle. Sucks that we both couldn't win.....

heh. I thought the same when I saw Fleury was out with a concussion. Then Backstrom went day to day with an injury and missed Friday and Saturday and I fumed, advantage lost lol.

Not playing Gibson is on me. In hindsight, it was a move that cost me a few points, but I don't think I could talk myself into icing him given the circumstances at the time and Smith did a pretty decent job with his 2 starts. Andersen going down with injury after lineup's were set is the only reason Gibson played all 4 games and I could not have predicted it because of how Boudreau has unpredictably given starts out. I also did not expect Arizona to bench Smith for Dominigue when they had no back to back's.

But as far as I am concerned, having a 200+ point week against another 200+ point week and it being single digits is close enough to winning for me to be happy with performance :P

If my team underperformed that week and put a measly 110 points or something, I would be upset. I am sure Bambi in the Bantam league feels that way.

P.S Congratz @TropicalFruitGirl26

Before the finals, I used all 7 moves Monday Night and Saturday night to try to acquire and lock as many 4 game a week guys on to waivers or my bench as I could, so I did all I could :P

Which was a bit dirty, but falls within the rules lol.

As with all year, Fisher went dead on me the moment I acquired him. Lesson learned for next year. Guy can perform like Kesler when he is on, but is abysmal when off haha.

My final tally in all 3 leagues this year is: Champion of my work league for $240, 2nd in All star league and lost to a great team in a close one, and the sky is the limit for NAHANA next year with a whole new team and 6 draft picks in the first 3 rounds!

Now I start my playoff stat sheets and juggle based on how teams match up 1st round!

Andersen got hurt? Well, that explains some of my week. E. Kane apparently getting injured one period into the week didn't help, either.

Goalie play was my biggest issue in the beginning of the season. I had Bishop, Andersen, and Elliot, and only Bishop was doing even reasonably well. I'm typically a jinx to my first 2-4 rounds of draft picks. Next year I'll get back to drafting nothing but Penguins and Rangers.

16 minutes ago, AJgoal said:

Andersen got hurt? Well, that explains some of my week. E. Kane apparently getting injured one period into the week didn't help, either.

Goalie play was my biggest issue in the beginning of the season. I had Bishop, Andersen, and Elliot, and only Bishop was doing even reasonably well. I'm typically a jinx to my first 2-4 rounds of draft picks. Next year I'll get back to drafting nothing but Penguins and Rangers.

I ALWAYS start a draft with a top tier goalie on a top tier team, period. I drafted Price and then fleury early in the draft, and Price was insane until his injury. I scrambled in net, swallowed hard and traded Backstrom and Gibson for Quick and Kesler. I hated losing Backstrom but top of the line goalies are almost impossible to add midseason unless you over pay. Wish it were a keeper league, lol, I would be going into next year with Quick, Fleury and Price.

Good solid season BTW. You played very tough down the stretch.

2 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

I ALWAYS start a draft with a top tier goalie on a top tier team, period. I drafted Price and then fleury early in the draft, and Price was insane until his injury. I scrambled in net, swallowed hard and traded Backstrom and Gibson for Quick and Kesler. I hated losing Backstrom but top of the line goalies are almost impossible to add midseason unless you over pay. Wish it were a keeper league, lol, I would be going into next year with Quick, Fleury and Price.

Good solid season BTW. You played very tough down the stretch.

-shrug- I don't go in with a strategy- well, except in my CBS league, where I wait until the end to draft defensemen. I guess at who I think is going to have a good season - pre-draft research lasts about 5 minutes. I thought Tampa and Anaheim would have 100+ point seasons. Oh well.

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I never thought I would be a League Manager of a Fantasy League, let alone 2 leagues. You are all a great group of members and you make my job easy. I'm just sad it is over until next season. Congrats to all who reamain in the All Star League and Congrats to those GM's who are moving up. Here is the final ranking for each league. (Top 6 in each league will be in the All Star League next year)

ALL STAR LEAGUE - FINAL LEAGUE STANDINGS (Edit) (Recalculate)

RANK

TEAM

Putting on the Foil - LEAGUE CHAMPION

Halifax Sharknado

Slick Sticks hf101

The Whiskey Sticks

Ded Flatbird pilldoc

NYC Bakanekimiwa

Ewing Oilers JR Ewing

Inside Edge Hockey News

Polaris' Puckers

Team Aziz

YourWife'sADyke EDI-Flyer

Team Dunlop

BANTAM "A" LEAGUE - FINAL LEAGUE STANDINGS (Edit) (Recalculate)

RANK

TEAM

Green Star Blades - LEAGUE CHAMPION

Bambi On Ice

Dumpster Fire

Team Wallin

LEAFS NATION eh!

Team Gordon

Isaac Anisimov

Reedy Creek Buccaneers

Hf Bantam A

Team Ortiz-Meoz

Team Head Amputators

Team Baker

Congrats to the winners in all leagues!

And thank you to everyone for the congrats my way.

First year in FHL...beginner's luck? Or maybe I have a knack for this after all? Hmmm...maybe a bit of both!

In all seriousness, I'd like to think I know my way around the various teams and players in the league and just had to adjust for FHL purposes.

That said, I probably would NOT have done as well if it weren't for some VERY helpful members here who helped my transition to fantasy hockey thinking.....so my thanks go out to them (you know who you guys are!! :ahappy:  )......and it will be an honor to go head to head with you in All Star next year!

Overall, had lots of fun playing and my goal all along was to move up to the All Star league, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that winning it all in Bantam was sweeeeeeet (and extra so because I did it against Bantam's number one team, Bambi)!

Here is to hoping All Star league play proves just as fun....I already know it should be even more challenging due to dealing with more 'veteran' GM types.....and the gloves will likely come off as ppl who helped me this year, won't be so "helpful" next time around.... hehe..:cool[1]:

Fun fun, stuff guys!

Now...for the REAL NHL playoffs................Go Wild (hurry and get in already!!)...Go Bolts (even though not having Stralman AND Stamkos is gonna suck BADLY!!)

9 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Congrats to Green Star Blades ( @TropicalFruitGirl26) for a great year and being crowned the HF.net Bantam League FHL Champion.

Green Star Blades   34.4 32.9 37.3 32.9 19.9 23.9 23.5   204.8
Bambi on Ice   4.2 17.1 6.1 31.3 19.5 20.5 28.6   127.3

I'll echo another poster's sentiment and thank YOU for keeping this thing going all year.....even through rough patches.

GRIPE
PK Subban has been out almost since I traded for him

Then Evander Kane, Martin Hanzal and Nicklas Backstrom went down
Now David Backes has been shut down for the regular season

At least I'm only playing for ninth place...

Because I lost to Polaris on, of all things, killer weeks from Joni Ortio and Kari Lehtfourin and a meltdown by my "keeper' goalie, Mrazek.

Joy.

Archived