Colin McDonald recalled by the Flyers

PhilsFanDrew

http://www.phantomshockey.com/transaction-colin-mcdonald-recalled-by-flyers/

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=785835&navid=DL|PHI|home

Colin McDonald was recalled by the Flyers today and will be available for Wednesday nights game in Brooklyn.  This move likely means that Sam Gagner is going to miss some time.     

post-310-0-46019000-1448391424_thumb.jpg

I agree with this guess.  My preference would have been Straka though. Hope Gagne is ok. 

I'm ok with it.  I'm guessing it is not a terribly long term injury.  I think if it was 4-6+ weeks then they may have recalled Straka.  I think one of the reasons Ghost was called up and not someone like Mark Alt when Streit went down was because of the expected recovery time for his injury.   

I think one of the reasons Ghost was called up and not someone like Mark Alt when Streit went down was because of the expected recovery time for his injury.

I think the more prevalent reason was the need to replace Streit's offensive flair on the blue line (as we've seen Ghost do fairly well in his short time here).

If Schultz or Schenn went down, I could see an Alt more being given a chance.

I'm guessing it is not a terribly long term injury.

kind of a freak accident it seemed.  It looked like he smacked his face and cut himself on his own stick or helmet when he hit the ice?  Is that what happened?  I wasn't watching the Flyers feed, so it was hard to tell.

kind of a freak accident it seemed.  It looked like he smacked his face and cut himself on his own stick or helmet when he hit the ice?  Is that what happened?  I wasn't watching the Flyers feed, so it was hard to tell.

Here is the link to the hit and smack on the ice.  Looks to me like maybe the bottom of the visor cut him when he hit the ice.

Here is the link to the hit and smack on the ice.  Looks to me like maybe the bottom of the visor cut him when he hit the ice.

Yeah.  It's so hard to tell where he's even cut there...  above the eye?  

They're saying the visor did more harm than good there, but imagine if he'd just smacked his face against the ice instead?  ouch. 

Hopefully he's okay and the rest does him some good.

That my friend is a slew foot if i ever seen one.

Yeah I definitely didn't catch that in real time last night during the broadcast. Watching the replays I wasn't even looking for it because so much of my focus was on Gagner and the impact on the ice to see how he got hurt that I totally missed where Malone placed his leg.   

http://www.phantomshockey.com/transaction-colin-mcdonald-recalled-by-flyers/

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=785835&navid=DL|PHI|home

Colin McDonald was recalled by the Flyers today and will be available for Wednesday nights game in Brooklyn.  This move likely means that Sam Gagner is going to miss some time.     

Over Cousins and Straka???? Really?

crazy-creepy-florida-gator-student-best-

It could also be that when Straka hits the NHL,the Flyers would look like absolute fools sending him back down when someone gets healthy. It also could be another jab at Vinny....VLC "What do you mean you are calling up a 3rd line AHL guy because he brings more to the table than ME!?!?!?!"

It could also be that when Straka hits the NHL,the Flyers would look like absolute fools sending him back down when someone gets healthy. It also could be another jab at Vinny....VLC "What do you mean you are calling up a 3rd line AHL guy because he brings more to the table than ME!?!?!?!"

It's also just something nice to do for Your AHL captain who will be there his whole career.

It's also just something nice to do for Your AHL captain who will be there his whole career.

I was shooting from the hip on that so to speak. I don't follow the Phantoms as close as I should so I did not even know who Colin Mcdonald was or what line he plays. I just saw it as a chance to take another shot at the designated popcorn boy who has no choice but to watch this from the box. Sooner or later the message that he has played his last game in a Flyer's jersey is going to sink in........

I was shooting from the hip on that so to speak. I don't follow the Phantoms as close as I should so I did not even know who Colin Mcdonald was or what line he plays. I just saw it as a chance to take another shot at the designated popcorn boy who has no choice but to watch this from the box. Sooner or later the message that he has played his last game in a Flyer's jersey is going to sink in........

I'm sure it has. What would be the point of rubbing his nose in it? He's not going to retire, and if that's your goal, that's certainly not the way to get him to do it. I'm sure at this point, he's willing to go anywhere else. But someone else has to want him. And if someone else did, he'd be there by now.

the guy has only played 4 games for the Phantoms this year and he's called up?

The fact that it is a career AHL type player and not a prospect called up leads me to believe that Gagner is probably not going to miss much time.  I think if he were out longer term they would bring up a guy like Straka or Cousins for an extended look.  

It may be that VLC gets the ice time. They could be bringing Colin up as insurance or something.

Well according to Meltzer, who is very accurate with his calling of the  lines, has said that VLC is a healthy scratch. I really believe that Hextall is going to give Vinny as much NHL ice time as Macdud is getting until he drops his NMC. I would be willing to bet that someone would take a chance on Vinny at a bargain price (Flyers will have to retain some salary).

Archived