Radko Gudas - 3 Game Suspension

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They also give up fewer High Danger Chances per 60, and all while being given tougher Zone Starts than Gudas (43% to 51%). The Flyers give up 25% fewer chances in the home plate area in front of the net (where goals are scored now) with Schenn on the ice, and with Gudas the numbers don't change for the better or worse.

All that with the boat anchor known as Schultz the more impressive. ;)

Yeah, led with the elbow to the chin. Pretty cut and dry suspension, I would think.

first offense - 3 games, seems a bit much, especially since anyone who fights can deliver a punch to the chin with just a 5 min penalty.

I said then and I'll repeat here: I don't even see a penalty there. I see a completely deliberate shot to the head with Gudas.

I dunno, I see Chiasson finishing his check with a forearm to the neck of Laughton along the rails.  Is it a dangerous hit, most definitely.  It is a dangerous check that left Laughton with a concussion.

I don't. I see a clean hit in which players on ice lose their balance. I don't even see a dangerous hit. I see a dime a dozen several times a period hit that went bad because of the way two players happened to fall.

What I don't see is someone coming off a faceoff and zeroing in on someone's face and launching into it with an elbow. That is far more flagrant to me.

I promise I'm not just trying to be contrary, but the apparent intent of the Gudas hit was just a whole different level to me.

As far as intent goes, Gudas could have been expecting Zibanejad to stand up some after his pass, Gudas does hit him in the upper chest too.  The intent is there of course to level a hit after the face off, I do doubt it was there to deliver a deliberate head shot, other than maybe some payback for the hit on Laughton.

Chiasson also had intent to drill Laughton into the boards, he didn't need to ride his head into the railing when he knew Laughton was in a vulnerable position.

imo if Gudas gets 3 on a first offense, then Chiasson desereved 1 game for the recklace hit into the boards,.  I don't think either player was injured severely.

Where's the video of Gudas' hit?

I don't like the intent argument, especially when its used to say "intent to harm" I'm intentionally hitting someone with my body, I want to hurt them each and every time.

As far as intent goes, Gudas could have been expecting Zibanejad to stand up some after his pass, Gudas does hit him in the upper chest too. The intent is there of course to level a hit after the face off, I do doubt it was there to deliver a deliberate head shot, other than maybe some payback for the hit on Laughton.

Chiasson also had intent to drill Laughton into the boards, he didn't need to ride his head into the railing when he knew Laughton was in a vulnerable position.

imo if Gudas gets 3 on a first offense, then Chiasson desereved 1 game for the recklace hit into the boards,. I don't think either player was injured severely.

Were going to have to cyber shake hands and just disagree on this one. I'm afraid were each seeing entirely different hits on both counts.

Less filling or tastes great?

Archived