Streit Back Skating

radoran

Where would the Flyers be if they did not have Ghost's 11 pts from the back end...many of those pp rockets from the point. He sparked a dead pp and brought life to it. No way in hell should he get sent down....and no way in hell should he not be on the top pp either. Either have Ghost and Streit at the pts on the top pp or demote Streit to the second pp if you want to go with 4 forwards. Important for Streit to get pts though....it would up his trade value a whole lot to come back scoring. Streit seems like one of the deadline additions that might garner some serious consideration....and dare I say....a potential bidding war?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For either Umberger or Mac? Can't get 900k in cap relief for someone who doesn't make 900k like Manning.

Yes but the difference between the 900k and their actual pay still counts against the cap.For instance,see Andrew McDud. When he is sent down, it saves the team 900k in cap space.....BUT, the remainder 4.5 mil or so still counts AGAINST the cap...... :thumbsd:

Where would the Flyers be if they did not have Ghost's 11 pts from the back end...many of those pp rockets from the point. He sparked a dead pp and brought life to it. No way in hell should he get sent down....and no way in hell should he not be on the top pp either.

I agree jammer. And he's so fun to watch! Here are a few more interesting stats about him...

He is tied for the most points among defensemen (9 pts in 14 games to Streit's 9 points in 16 games), and he's done it in half the games of the other defensemen.

He has the best shooting percentage on the team (16%).

Ghost (+1), Manning (+2) and Gudas (+2) are the only defensemen with a positive +/-. 

Yes but the difference between the 900k and their actual pay still counts against the cap.For instance,see Andrew McDud. When he is sent down, it saves the team 900k in cap space.....BUT, the remainder 4.5 mil or so still counts AGAINST the cap...... :thumbsd:

Yes I know. I think my point was simpler than you're inferring that was. Someone suggested waiving Manning, but besides the fact that I think Manning can just get sent down, if they send him down or waive him they're saving max of 650k or whatever instead of the 900k they get from waiving Mac or Umby the remainder of whose salary counts against the cap no matter what.

I agree jammer. And he's so fun to watch! Here are a few more interesting stats about him...

He is tied for the most points among defensemen (9 pts in 14 games to Streit's 9 points in 16 games), and he's done it in half the games of the other defensemen.

Ghost (+1), Manning (+2) and Gudas (+2) are the only defensemen with a positive +/-.

It's beyond my ability to fathom how Manning has a positive +/-

Wonders never cease.

It's beyond my ability to fathom how Manning has a positive +/-

Wonders never cease.

Manning and Ghost probably face a lower quality of competition, I would guess. 

Gudas, I'm not sure. He was paired at the bottom for a while and faced easier competition, but he's been with DZ for a number of games now. DZ is -8.

Manning and Ghost probably face a lower quality of competition, I would guess.

Gudas, I'm not sure. He was paired at the bottom for a while and faced easier competition, but he's been with DZ for a number of games now. DZ is -8.

I don't like Manning, but I do understand why he's on the current team. He's not going to win you any games, but he won't lose them either. He does nothing risky or flashy. He makes the simple play pretty much every time. He's pretty much always in the right spot, or involved when he needs to be, or doing the basic stuff that coaches largely expect from their dmen.

I'm not really surprised he's a plus. I don't think he plays on a team with a solid d-core, but we don't have a solid d-core, so it makes sense.

Yes I know. I think my point was simpler than you're inferring that was. Someone suggested waiving Manning, but besides the fact that I think Manning can just get sent down, if they send him down or waive him they're saving max of 650k or whatever instead of the 900k they get from waiving Mac or Umby the remainder of whose salary counts against the cap no matter what.

Yeah, and Manning's $650K doesn't help them fit Streit back under the cap...

I don't think they waive Umburglar - first because he is "Hexy's guy" and second because it just doesn't "look good" to potential FAs to be stashing "NHL players" in the AHL.

Yeah, and Manning's $650K doesn't help them fit Streit back under the cap...

I don't think they waive Umburglar - first because he is "Hexy's guy" and second because it just doesn't "look good" to potential FAs to be stashing "NHL players" in the AHL.

Guess it's good we're not signing any FA D men anytime soon.;)

All that combined with the fact he has brought G alive with his creativity you can just see it when those two are out there.

I just don't see how Hextall can send Ghost down.

To reinforce this. ( not that this is even criteria for making the call just pointing it out) everyone is taking note...

Brady Trettenero ‏@BradyTrett  2h2 hours ago
No defenseman in the Metropolitan Division has gotten more all-star votes than #Flyers Shayne Gostisbehere. He ranks 40th overall in voting.

To reinforce this. ( not that this is even criteria for making the call just pointing it out) everyone is taking note...

No defenseman in the Metropolitan Division has gotten more all-star votes than #Flyers Shayne Gostisbehere. He ranks 40th overall in voting.

Wow that is impressive!

That's funny because I can think of a couple instances this year when he has lost us games.  

Yeah? Maybe they just don't come to mind for me then. Most of the time, I find he just sort of exists on the ice. Again, nothing flashy, but I don't see him screw up much.

I really don't think he's true NHL caliber, but I think he's an okay plug for a team that lack defensive depth. That said, it's pretty obvious he could be sent down with little of an impact on the team. Unless of course there is something to his pairing with Gost that I'm not aware of.

We should stage our own Reddit blast and try to get him in. I don't imagine there are enough of us mind you. Looks like he's currently 13th overall in voting for the Metro.

It's good news if Ghost stays up and they waive Manning or Schultz to get him back in the lineup. I'm afraid if you send Ghost back down you could hurt his confidence and put out the spark he has provided. Just my 2 cents.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet and may not have time, but this post was perfect. Completely agree.

~950k. Same as any other player with a cap hit that exceeds that number.

And it may be best for the team right now to keep Ghost, but if management feels he'll be even better next year or the year after if he gets more time in the AHL to work on parts of his game, he'll be back in LV.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet and may not have time, but this post was perfect. Completely agree.

Waiving Manning might not get it done since he only makes 625K so you send Laughton down who will clear enough plus he would open up a spot in the forward group for Gagner to return. Or my next choice would be waive Schultz.

Edit: Laughton might not be enough either he only makes 860K. So Schultz it is.

It would make the most sense to send down a defenseman rather than scratch two, but if you're going to scratch Laughton anyway it makes more sense to get him ice time in LV. I'd consider sending down Laughton and a defenseman, and bringing McDonald, Straka, or Cousins up to replace Raffl or VDV.

Archived