How the NHL Tried to Screw Fans, John Scott

radoran

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ScottM said:

I would like to issue a formal apology to cow manure for my poorly chose words...

That's very big of you. I don't know if you know this, but sheep manure is the bomb.

This is a great read: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

In case you didn't think that the NHL was actually doing what we all knew they were doing: John Scott knew it from the moment he was told he was traded.

And the NHL then tried to use his own kids as a reason for him to quit.

I wish I was kidding. I really do.

Gary "he was always going to play" Bettman - you're a liar.

7 hours ago, radoran said:

This is a great read: http://www.theplayerstribune.com/a-guy-like-me/

In case you didn't think that the NHL was actually doing what we all knew they were doing: John Scott knew it from the moment he was told he was traded.

And the NHL then tried to use his own kids as a reason for him to quit.

I wish I was kidding. I really do.

Gary "he was always going to play" Bettman - you're a liar.

wow. 

But while I don’t deserve to be an All-Star, I also don’t think I deserve to be treated like I’ve been by the league throughout this saga. I’m an NHL player — and, whatever my set of skills may be, that I’m an NHL player is no accident.

But I’m one of them. And that means a lot to me.

It means a lot to my family.

So when someone from the NHL calls me and says, "Do you think this is something your kids would be proud of?"

… That’s when they lost me.

That was it, right there. That was the moment.

Because, while I may not deserve to be an NHL All-Star, I know I deserve to be the judge of what my kids will — and won’t — be proud of me for.

When they see me on the ice on Sunday, will my girls be proud of me? Who knows. I like to think so. But I know they’ll be there for me — for their big, goofy dad — no matter what. They’ll be there, in the stands, cheering me on — wearing their Scott #28 jerseys, and watching me try my best, having some fun and fulfill a dream I’ve had since I was, well, their age.

Oh boo-hoo, the poor hockey fans everywhere are suffering.

They are the a–holes created this mess in the first place. They're the ones who voted him in. Now they're trying to blame "the man". People are so fuking stupid. They create a situation and then when they don't like  the fallout they turn around and blame "the establishment". Gary Bettman is an a–hole, and John Scott is completely innocent in all this, but screwing the fans? Don't make me laugh. This is what happens when you give people a say things. People are stupid this is the kind of thing that happens when you let them have a vote. The public is a bunch of whiny p–ssies.

33 minutes ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

Oh boo-hoo, the poor hockey fans everywhere are suffering.

They are the a–holes created this mess in the first place. They're the ones who voted him in. Now they're trying to blame "the man". People are so fuking stupid. They create a situation and then when they don't like  the fallout they turn around and blame "the establishment". Gary Bettman is an a–hole, and John Scott is completely innocent in all this, but screwing the fans? Don't make me laugh. This is what happens when you give people a say things. People are stupid this is the kind of thing that happens when you let them have a vote. The public is a bunch of whiny p–ssies.

As I've said many times - the NHL could have easily stopped this from happening. It's not like #voteforrory and Girgensons last year never happened.

The "fallout" is the league trying desperately to change a situation the league could have prevented from the jump.

It never needed to happen and it is entirely the league's fault that it did. So, yes, "the man" and "the establishment" are to blame.

They gave their fans free choice of who to elect and then tried to screw over the guy they chose.

The whiny p-ssies and a-holes who are so fuking stupid are the people that are upset with the choice that the fans made and try to blame them for making it.

Boo. Hoo.

2 hours ago, radoran said:

As I've said many times - the NHL could have easily stopped this from happening. It's not like #voteforrory and Girgensons last year never happened.

The "fallout" is the league trying desperately to change a situation the league could have prevented from the jump.

It never needed to happen and it is entirely the league's fault that it did. So, yes, "the man" and "the establishment" are to blame.

They gave their fans free choice of who to elect and then tried to screw over the guy they chose.

The whiny p-ssies and a-holes who are so fuking stupid are the people that are upset with the choice that the fans made and try to blame them for making it.

Boo. Hoo.

the fans voted in a guy who has absolutely no business in that game. They created the problem. Gary Bettman made it worse. The anger directed at him isn't completely unwarranted, because he did exacerbate the problem, but it's a little disingenuous. the outrage is bogus and simply an excuse to rag on Bettman more. If someone voted for Scott and is angry at Bettman, they are a jackass (because they don't care about the game anyway)

18 minutes ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

the fans voted in a guy who has absolutely no business in that game. They created the problem. Gary Bettman made it worse. The anger directed at him isn't completely unwarranted, because he did exacerbate the problem, but it's a little disingenuous. the outrage is bogus and simply an excuse to rag on Bettman more. If someone voted for Scott and is angry at Bettman, they are a jackass (because they don't care about the game anyway)

Bettman is a jackass. He not only exacerbated the problem - he created the problem. And then outright, bold-faced lied about it.

If Scott had no business in the game, he had no business on the ballot. Period.

They can't put an option on a ballot and then be upset that people chose it. And, again, after #voteforrory and Latvia electing Girgensons, they knew it was a potential problem for years and then did nothing about it. Then - after Scott did everything they asked to try to stop it - they tried to use his own family to shame him into quitting, deliberately conspired to destroy the guy's career and uprooted his entire family and exiled them to Newfoundland.

Classy.

For what it's worth, I didn't vote for Scott. I haven't voted for anyone.

The game is already a joke - it's not even a semblance of hockey any more. And the league is suspending players who don't want to risk further injury by playing in this farce because they were chosen/elected to the game while simultaneously conspiring to make Scott - who was elected - not play.

To say that the league isn't spitting directly into the fans' faces - whether or not they spat first - is to ignore the reality of the situation.

Let's hope they learned their lesson and fix the stupid problem so the sport we love doesn't keep getting the juvenile, spiteful reputation Bettman and the league keep fostering.

It looks a lot like Hockey, not sure what you're expecting, the game to devolve back into what it was 20-30 years ago, that'll certainly shrink the league for sure because nobody will want to watch that **** again.

@NRH

John Scott on laughing at Patrick Kane in intro: “I was dying. He said, ‘Watch this, I’m going to get booed and you'll get biggest cheers.’”

I saw that.  Kane was introduced first, probably to defer the boos, but being a rival star player of the Predators with some controvercial history didn't help either

Good for him. The NHL basically got bailed out for their mishandling of the situation by how the game played out.

I'm hoping Scott leaned over and said "Think my kids will be proud of this?" to Daly or Bettman when he was standing next to them.

The fans voted him in as a "joke".. That's the only issue i have with it, if they actually liked John Scott that's different, some do of course, but a lot of people were just being assholes and giving NHL fans a bad name... I hope the NHL learned from this and don't give the fans the right to vote next year.. With that said, i enjoyed John Scott in the All-Star game, it made things a lot more interesting, he scored a couple goals, he seemed like he was having a great time and i'm very happy for him, he won the MVP title as well, not bad for a guy who struggles to put the puck in the net every game of his career.

PS: Tyler Seguin scored in the All-Star game as well... but that's besides the point.

3 hours ago, Seguin said:

The fans voted him in as a "joke".. That's the only issue i have with it, if they actually liked John Scott that's different, some do of course, but a lot of people were just being assholes and giving NHL fans a bad name... I hope the NHL learned from this and don't give the fans the right to vote next year.. With that said, i enjoyed John Scott in the All-Star game, it made things a lot more interesting, he scored a couple goals, he seemed like he was having a great time and i'm very happy for him, he won the MVP title as well, not bad for a guy who struggles to put the puck in the net every game of his career.

PS: Tyler Seguin scored in the All-Star game as well... but that's besides the point.

Because they learned their lesson after the vote for Rory campaign and the Girgensons votes

These John Scott clips are actually entertaining. Moreso than the usual flub of a game they have.

John Scott was hilarious in his time with the Sharks.

3 hours ago, Seguin said:

I don't mind if the fans have a vote, but it should be from a validated list by the NHL.  The list should also be based upon 2016's fall stats too, and not just a list based upon who they'd like to see in the All Star Game.

Archived