Couturier out 4 weeks with LBI

King Knut

We don't NEED to know what injury is where. Who the Hell are "WE" to know. Are we getting a call up and our agent put in the demand in our contract to "be informed" as to the where abouts and going ons of the players on the Flyers?

Lets stay within our boundaries and realities of where we belong. I DON'T want to be told specifics of ANY players injury, unless I'm getting paid to FIX it.

Like was said, why would I want my players being exposed to further injury by other teams personel...this IS War On Ice.

Would I like to know what happened? Sure , Im concerned if his health is ok and will want the best for him, but I'm not his trainer nor his doctor so no.

Flyers to me should make the playoffs and without Couts, now that makes it difficult more so, had he been out there those last few minutes he might of prevented that open shot from the top and skated in for an empty netter or pass it to Read like he did previously.

Coots is a critical piece right now in the Flyers push to a playoff birth. Should he be as important as he is, probably not, but for now as others have stated he is, just as Simmer was missed in the NYR game.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/6/2016 at 9:36 AM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

It's more than just Couturier being the second line center though. You're strictly looking at numbers. If you look at what's asked of Couturier, there's no one on the club that can do what he does. Giroux, as great as he is, is nowhere near the defensive performer that Couturier is. That's a fact. There's nobody on the team that gets as many defensive zone starts as Couturier does. That's a fact. Add in the fact that he's finally been given an opportunity to perform in an offensive manner and he's been delivering is just an another huge blow to the fact that he's injured. I get that you don't like Couturier, but don't dismiss his value to the club. He's an incredibly important performer with a role that no one else on the club can fill.

I do like couturier and that's why I have a hard time with this.  If people would just calm down and call it how it is, I wouldn't say a word negatively about him.  He is a very valuable player and teams that go far have a player like him to make the team more complete and balanced.

He's not the most important though.  The stats you gave me and what is asked of him are what everyone hangs their hats on.  Defensive zone starts?  Why does a 46.5% face off guy (85th in the league) get so many defensive zone starts?  He's an awesome penalty killer on the 24th best penalty killing team in the league.

I'm not hating on him as much as I'm hating on some of the little things that people put so much importance on.  Focus on the things that actually translate into wins like goals/assists/points and try not to focus on defensive zone starts.

Also, my only gripe with couturier is his lack of scoring production.  People get on my case and say that he does so much more and they're not worried about his offensive lack of production.  Maybe the stat guys can pull this up easily, but what is the flyers record when he records a point as opposed to when he doesn't record a point?  I don't think the flyers win much when he doesn't score a point which means that he has to produce offensively for them to win.

He's played well offensively lately and that's why they had a little bit of a win streak.

2 hours ago, icehole said:

Also, my only gripe with couturier is his lack of scoring production.  People get on my case and say that he does so much more and they're not worried about his offensive lack of production.  Maybe the stat guys can pull this up easily, but what is the flyers record when he records a point as opposed to when he doesn't record a point?  I don't think the flyers win much when he doesn't score a point which means that he has to produce offensively for them to win.

He's played well offensively lately and that's why they had a little bit of a win streak.

They're 12-6 when Couturier scores a point.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/5369/gamelog/

If he's playing second line center, you betcha he needs to produce offensively if the Flyers are going to be successful.

His cap hit next season is around what a Brooks Laich, Mike Fisher, Craig Smith or Tyler Bozak is getting these days and he's signed at that level for another six years. Check their production and it's not like any of them blow him away.

If he continues to produce what he's producing now, that's not an egregiously bad deal by any measure. If he does become a consistent 20/50 guy his compensation next year is in line with what that sort of player is now and would be a solid value by Y3.

I by no means worship at the altar of Sean Couturier, but he's not "the problem" and isn't even "a problem" at this point in my estimation.

24 minutes ago, radoran said:

They're 12-6 when Couturier scores a point.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/5369/gamelog/

If he's playing second line center, you betcha he needs to produce offensively if the Flyers are going to be successful.

His cap hit next season is around what a Brooks Laich, Mike Fisher, Craig Smith or Tyler Bozak is getting these days and he's signed at that level for another six years. Check their production and it's not like any of them blow him away.

If he continues to produce what he's producing now, that's not an egregiously bad deal by any measure. If he does become a consistent 20/50 guy his compensation next year is in line with what that sort of player is now and would be a solid value by Y3.

I by no means worship at the altar of Sean Couturier, but he's not "the problem" and isn't even "a problem" at this point in my estimation.

You don't sound like the person I'm talking to here.  You seem to be on the same page as me.

I don't think he's a problem at all if he's playing like he was before injury.  And I can't say it enough...I LIKE SEAN COUTURIER.  You may not worship him but many fans do.  Many fans will never criticise him when he's bad, and those same fans want to go down on him when he does the slightest thing well.

Just now, icehole said:

You don't sound like the person I'm talking to here.  You seem to be on the same page as me.

I don't think he's a problem at all if he's playing like he was before injury.  And I can't say it enough...I LIKE SEAN COUTURIER.  You may not worship him but many fans do.  Many fans will never criticise him when he's bad, and those same fans want to go down on him when he does the slightest thing well.

There are always people with orange and black glasses. Mine are sunglasses, actually.

For them, Voorhees is like Lake Woebegone "where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the draft picks are above average."

56 minutes ago, radoran said:

I by no means worship at the altar of Sean Couturier, but he's not "the problem" and isn't even "a problem" at this point in my estimation

This in a nutshell.....this team has so many other problems Coots is the least of their problems and this is all i will spend talking about it. Bottom line they need him.

50 minutes ago, icehole said:

I LIKE SEAN COUTURIER

You see, at this point in the proceedings I'm starting to think: "icehole doth protest too much." It has never been more clear that you do not, in fact, like Sean Couturier. 

3 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

You see, at this point in the proceedings I'm starting to think: "icehole doth protest too much." It has never been more clear that you do not, in fact, like Sean Couturier. 

I really must say i agree...in fact i'm starting to think he is his neighbor and he is just pissed that Coots and all his friends keep throwing their empty beer cans on his lawn!!!

#getoffmylawn

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

Ok.  You got me.  I think couturier is slightly flawed and therefore should be put down.

You can think what you want.  Every time you or the many like you says something stupid that doesn't make sense though, I feel that it's my duty to point out that stupidity.  If I don't, I'm afraid the rest of the league will look at flyers fans as not knowing much about the sport.  I'm starting to feel like that may be the case.

You guys can go hang out with coatsy in the homer section.

5 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Trade him, his value will never be higher

While you're at it trade Nick Schultz he finally scored a goal.......his first in a calendar year!!! HIS VALUE WITH BE NO HIGHER!!!! CHECK THAT HOWITZER!

6 minutes ago, icehole said:

Ok.  You got me

Ok well i'm proud of you for admitting it that is the 1st part of seeking help....you're well on your way now....please report back to us and let us know how your 12 step program is going i just want to let you know i'm pulling for you....you got this...

comedy full house flirting bob saget danny tanner

......you can beat it!!!

6 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

You're gonna be busy.

Yes i agree keeping up with Pods will be like a full time job....then you have rux..............and good lord you haven't even got to my post...will will require you to add staff to help you with alone.........you will be well in over your head!!!!

Well, when you see stuff like "we lost the three games he was out".  No, you lost the 2 games he was out...the first game was lost while he was playing.  Guess you forgot that.

"He's a great penalty killer".  I don't want to say he's not, but when the team is ranked 24th on the PK, I don't want to brag about his PK abilities either.

"He's making a run for the selke".  Look at past selke winners...he's not that.

"He has more defensive zone starts than...".  Congratulations.  You've won the defensive zone start award!  What does that mean?  Does Hak put him out for defensive zone starts on purpose?  Does he really put a 46.5% face off guy out there for our defensive zone starts?  That could be a firable offense.  Do icings or making your goalie melt the puck count as a desirable defensive zone starts?

"Slow down on shenn making a turnaround...he is playing with Couturier".  Couturier and schenn are at the same level.  They have similar games played.  Couturier has better defensive numbers while schenn has better offensive numbers on a team that struggles to score goals.  So you can slow down on the schenn bashing.  He's a valuable piece just like "coots"

"Flyer are 2-7-1 without couturier".  True, but there's more to it than that.  Most of those games were pre-ghost.  I think ghost has been a very important piece of the flyers recent success.  If the flyers were getting blown out of the water by teams when Couturier is out, that might make that point a little more valid.  He wouldn't help them score in a shootout, nor would he help mark streit get off a decent shot.

These are just a few things I have to clear up on a daily basis so trolling penguins fans dont think we're a little backwards.

*Ben Stein's voice*

Oh no, how will we ever replace his offense?

Okay, I know a broken limb is not anyone's fault,  but  does anyone else see this as another excuse for why his offense of output be anything special this year? I have to put out the disclaimer, even though I've said it before,  I am okay with him "just" being a really good defensive player. But I can hear it now, "Well, he would've eclipsed 40 or 50 points if you played a full season."

24 minutes ago, fanaticV3.0 said:

*Ben Stein's voice*

Oh no, how will we ever replace his offense?

Okay, I know a broken limb is not anyone's fault,  but  does anyone else see this as another excuse for why his offense of output be anything special this year? I have to put out the disclaimer, even though I've said it before,  I am okay with him "just" being a really good defensive player. But I can hear it now, "Well, he would've eclipsed 40 or 50 points if you played a full season."

If you're "ok with him being really good", you hate him.  Get out of here!

Archived