Game #60 - Wild at Flyers - 25 February, 2016 - 7pm ET

AJgoal

Key team stat comparisons (NHL overall ranking)

Non-shootout goals per game: Flyers 2.42 (25th), Wild 2.62 (16th)
Non-shootout goals against per game: Flyers 2.63 (16th), Wild 2.50 (10th)
5-on-5 Goals For/Against Ratio: Flyers 90/91, Wild 102/92
Power play efficiency: Flyers 17.9% (19th), Wild 18.1% (17th)
Penalty killing efficiency: Flyers 79.1% (24th), Wild 78.1% (25th)
Shots per game: Flyers 30.3 (T-10th), Wild 29.3 (T-17th)
Shots against per game: Flyers 31.7 (T-27th), Wild 28.9 (9th)
Faceoff percentage: Flyers 50.2% (13th), Wild 51.7% (3rd)

Projected lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

Flyers

89 Sam Gagner - 10 Brayden Schenn - 17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
21 Scott Laughton - 52 Nick Cousins - 24 Matt Read
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 25 Ryan White

47 Andrew MacDonald - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere
55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
23 Brandon Manning- 3 Radko Gudas

35 Steve Mason / 30 Michal Neuvirth

Scratches: Evgeny Medvedev (healthy), R.J. Umberger (healthy), Claude Giroux (day-to-day, upper body), Jordan Weal (IR, upper body), Michael Del Zotto (IR, wrist).

Wild

22 Nino Niederreiter - 9 Mikko Koivu - 3 Charlie Coyle
7 Chris Porter - 64 Mikael Granlund - 26 Thomas Vanek
10 Jordan Schroeder - 56 Erik Haula - 29 Jason Pominville
18 Ryan Carter - 19 Jarret Stoll - 14 Justin Fontaine

20 Ryan Suter - 46 Jared Spurgeon
6 Marco Scandella - 24 Mathew Dumba
4 Mike Reilly - 5 Christian Folin

40 Devan Dubnyk
[35 Darcy Kuemper]

Scratches: Nate Prosser (healthy), Zach Parise (unavailable, upper body), Jason Zucker (IR, concussion), Jonas Brodin (IR, foot), Niklas Bäckström (third goaltender).

3 minutes ago, intheslot said:

I guess Mason has cramps and bloating ..??

Yeah what gives.....

Figures, we get a legit 1-2 in goal and I'm STILL feeling like there is "controversy" at that position.

So who is our #1 these days?! Nuevy? Not like he played "lights out" against the canes so why another start? Mason have Cramps or did he tweak something? Is he #1 or #2? All questions I have of the Flyers coaches/managers right now....Ugh.

2 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Yeah what gives.....

Figures, we get a legit 1-2 in goal and I'm STILL feeling like there is "controversy" at that position.

So who is our #1 these days?! Nuevy? Not like he played "lights out" against the canes so why another start? Mason have Cramps or did he tweak something? Is he #1 or #2? All questions I have of the Flyers coaches/managers right now....Ugh.

His leg cramped up the other night when he was replaced by Neuvy and i guess isn't completely recovered from it yet. Was one of the reason i suggested holding onto Neuvy because i would imagine Mason will be in and out next year too.

tumblr_m2fv72gAfd1rsaq0to1_400.gif

I'm calling a 5-3 Flyer win tonight. Must have it!

32 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Yeah what gives.....

It was just bad bounces and a hot goalie that caused the Flyers to lose a game in which they played well:56cd9dc70e2e2_smallTM:

:ph34r:

48 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Neuvirth starting again.

Wow.... I thought Neuvy was sitting tonight after the last game.  He was not very good and thought Mason would get the start.  It is nice to finally have 2 goalies that are capable.

In your other post about must wins - completely agree.  They need to win these next 2 to even have a sliver of hope.

3 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Wow.... I thought Neuvy was sitting tonight after the last game.  He was not very good and thought Mason would get the start.  It is nice to finally have 2 goalies that are capable.

In your other post about must wins - completely agree.  They need to win these next 2 to even have a sliver of hope.

Yeah they are only 5 points out so it's within reach but damn they have to string together some damn wins.

1 minute ago, murraycraven said:

not an easy schedule after the deadline either....

Yes it will require the grace of God for this club to make the playoffs..................i stick by my predictions...the true meaning of mediocre is this team...they will finish as the 9th seed in the East i just know it. Just enough to slide in draft value but not good enough to make the dance.

Just now, murraycraven said:

LOL... I am right with you FC.   

It would be nice to have playoff hockey but I really do not see them making the cut.

Patience..it'll come. 

There's just really no point in it with that D.

5 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Patience..it'll come. 

There's just really no point in it with that D.

I don't think it matters they can give 100% which i think they have but no matter at the end of the day their best just isn't good enough....they will be on the inside looking out...and mostly just like you say because of this defense.

They only keepers to me is Ghost and MDZ (who is done for the year) and maybe i would keep Medvedev (but Hak doesn't like him) so any team that looks a the lineup and sees Streit and Schultz as the 2nd pair must just be licking their chops at the thought of that.

9th seed here they come!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes it will require the grace of God for this club to make the playoffs..................i stick by my predictions...the true meaning of mediocre is this team...they will finish as the 9th seed in the East i just know it. Just enough to slide in draft value but not good enough to make the dance.

just thinking of the maple leafs should be everyone's coping mechanism when they have lost all hope in their team...

Archived