Sid a diver

phlfly

15 minutes ago, phlfly said:

Look at this spectacular dive by Sid, with his legs stretched a like a girl in figure skating before landing on  soft place

Fixed.

article-ac053093-c41c-4dcb-b443-6b59a047

Thank you for showing us the video of the penalty.  I thought it a bit soft at first, saying it was 50/50... but you're blowup of the incident shows me the call was for the stick hooking the hands, not for pulling him down.  Great review bud!  :ToastingSmiley:

Wow, what a rare phenomenon. I never thought an exemplary figure such as Mr Crosby would resort to such patent embellishing....

Yeah, I don't see how this is worthy of a thread. It's your typical embellishment, the perpetrator just happens to be Crosby.

Fast fact 2, did you know that over the last five years, Claude Giroux has dove I mean had a better penalty differential than Crosby in four of those five years? (Differential is the number of penalties drawn minus the penalties against). Does this mean he dives more?

Player              Year         Differential    Player              Year            Differential
Claude.Giroux    2015.16       13       Sidney.Crosby    2015.16        6
Claude.Giroux    2014.15        2        Sidney.Crosby    2014.15        7
Claude.Giroux    2013.14        9        Sidney.Crosby    2013.14        6
Claude.Giroux    2012.13       10       Sidney.Crosby    2012.13        9
Claude.Giroux    2011.12       14       Sidney.Crosby    2011.12         0

Stats from waronice

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

Fast fact, for five years running, the Flyers have had more power play opportunities than the Penguins.  Does that mean they dive more?

That, or they don't skate as well. 

1 hour ago, nossagog said:

Fast fact, for five years running, the Flyers have had more power play opportunities than the Penguins.  Does that mean they dive more?

On phone, so quoting and answering fast fact 2 is proving difficult. 

If by "does Giroux dive more" you mean "does Giroux go down on cops more"  the answer might be "yes."

16 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

On phone, so quoting and answering fast fact 2 is proving difficult. 

If by "does Giroux dive more" you mean "does Giroux go down on cops more"  the answer might be "yes."

Wow,  even as a Pens fan I wasn't going there. :lol:

Fast Fact 3, Crosby's penalties drawn(we'll call it the Dive Factor since Sid is such a diver) is a whopping .9 per 60 this year.  Meaning in 60 minutes of on ice time, he draws .9 penalties.(ranks 134 in penalties drawn in the NHL)

Two flyers have the same Dive Factor:

Sean Coutorier .9 Ranked 134th

RJ Umberger .9 Ranked 134th

Hey that's not too bad

How many Flyers have a higher Dive Factor:

Wayne Simmonds 1.4 Ranked 23rd

Claude Giroux 1.4 Ranked 23rd

Nick Cousins 1.1 Ranked 64th

Mikel Raffl 1.1 Ranked 64th

Ryan White 1.0 Ranked 100th

Jacob Vorachek 1.0 Ranked 100th

How can this be? WIth all the protection he gets, shouldn't Crosby's be higher than everyone in the history of hockey?

Stats from Behind the Net.

10 hours ago, nossagog said:

Fast Fact 3, Crosby's penalties drawn(we'll call it the Dive Factor since Sid is such a diver) is a whopping .9 per 60 this year.  Meaning in 60 minutes of on ice time, he draws .9 penalties.(ranks 134 in penalties drawn in the NHL)

Two flyers have the same Dive Factor:

Sean Coutorier .9 Ranked 134th

RJ Umberger .9 Ranked 134th

Hey that's not too bad

How many Flyers have a higher Dive Factor:

Wayne Simmonds 1.4 Ranked 23rd

Claude Giroux 1.4 Ranked 23rd

Nick Cousins 1.1 Ranked 64th

Mikel Raffl 1.1 Ranked 64th

Ryan White 1.0 Ranked 100th

Jacob Vorachek 1.0 Ranked 100th

How can this be? WIth all the protection he gets, shouldn't Crosby's be higher than everyone in the history of hockey?

Stats from Behind the Net.

I Googled Couturier dive and all I could come up with was someone named Amanda Couturier in the Bahamas on a reef. Wonder how many hits I get if I put in Crosby dive? Letang? Malkin? Or the guy really carrying the torch, but who honed his skill in Pitt...Neal?

Divers may draw penalties...doesn't make guys who draw penalties divers. 

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I Googled Couturier dive and all I could come up with was someone named Amanda Couturier in the Bahamas on a reef. Wonder how many hits I get if I put in Crosby dive? Letang? Malkin? Or the guy really carrying the torch, but who honed his skill in Pitt...Neal?

Divers may draw penalties...doesn't make guys who dr

Yes,  and how many of those web gems are actual articles and how many are Zebruder photos like the above(which amusingly show actual penalties) or YouTube videos from homered fans who can't believe the Penguins could possible beat their mighty team without the help of the NHL. Just because some butt hurt fan posts a video and calls it a dive doesn't make it so.

Show people facts to that show the Pens don't get favored and you will get a version of your response(argumentum absurdum in effect).  "Well the penalties MY team drew were real penalties because MY players don't dive, the ones YOUR team drew were dives and the NHL wanting your team to win".   Really, at his rate he draws only about 27 penalties over an 82 game season, from the way people respond you'd think he draws multiple penalties every game.  Its just not the facts

Are some of the penalties he draws weak, sure. Because we all know that the NHL officiating is probably the most inconsistent of any major sport. But just because its a weak call doesn't make it a dive either. 

3 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Divers may draw penalties...doesn't make guys who draw penalties divers. 

All that means is that Flyers fans have a lot more free time to view each and every Pens game frame by frame looking for "dives" then posting videos to You Tube.

Pens fans are busy with other things...like eating pierogies and wondering if Root Sports will ever wise up and put Mike Lange back on TV.

16 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

and I digress...the point of this whole thread is why????

Someone was trolling (see OP).  Posted the same in a random thread over in Pens land which the mod (to their credit) quickly removed. 

Archived