2016 NHL Bracket Challenge

hf101

• hf101 pinned this topic
On 4/11/2016 at 0:24 AM, WordsOfWisdom said:

I kept my original prediction that I made before the season started. Will be interesting to see how things turn out.

bracket.png

God I hope you're wrong, my friend. ; )

All right, so I have now personally guaranteed a Flyer win in the first round.

1) I picked Holtby for the HF.net fantasy

2) I picked JDub for the HF.net fantasy

3) I picked Washington to win it all on the nhl.com Bracket Challenge

#goflyers

DAL over MIN

CHI over STL

ANA over NSH

LAK over SJS

WAS over PHL

PIT over NYR

FLA over NYI

DET over TBL

CHI over DAL
ANA over LAK

WAS over PIT

FLA over DET

ANA over CHI

WAS over FLA

WAS over ANA

7 hours ago, FD19372 said:

God I hope you're wrong, my friend. ; )

LOL.  It's a little known principle called "Whatever is worst for Toronto fans... will come true". Thus, Phil Kessel hoisting the Stanley Cup, filling it with milk, and dunking cookies in it.  :DohSmiley:

What do you guys think? I have the Flyers in 7 over the Capitals and LA versus Florida in the SCF with the Kings winning it all...after all it's an even year.

I haven't figured out how to copy the bracket itself but here is my breakdown.

In the West:

Dal over Min in 5.

Stl over Chi in 7.

Ana over Nash in 6.

LA over SJ in 6.

Stl over Dal in 6.

LA over Ana in 7.

LA goes to the finals.

In the East:

Flyers over Caps in 7.

Rangers over Penguins in 6.

Panthers over Isles in 5.

Bolts over Wings in 7.

Florida goes to the finals.

Kings win the Cup over Panthers in 5.

4 hours ago, sarsippius said:

...didn't realize we had a board pool and thats what you meant, tried to get signed up and filled out a bracket....at 7:01 so it didn't save, d'oh!

Bummer ...

I did this last year for the first time, and I think we only had about 8 entries.  This year we have 20.  We'll do it again next year.

• hf101 pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone else's brackets are as buggered as mine.

My hopes ride on the Sharks. 2 of the teams I picked for the conference finals are gone(Panthers and Hawks) and the other team still going for me in the west are the preds, who face the Sharks if they beat the ducks tonight.

Caps/Sharks final please!

On 26/04/2016 at 4:30 PM, J0e Th0rnton said:

Hope everyone else's brackets are as buggered as mine.

My hopes ride on the Sharks. 2 of the teams I picked for the conference finals are gone(Panthers and Hawks) and the other team still going for me in the west are the preds, who face the Sharks if they beat the ducks tonight.

Caps/Sharks final please!

I have one bracket that is buggered in the second round: Lightning vs Islanders. I didn't pick either team to advance. Most I can get is 75 out of a possible 100 points in round two. Both of my Cup finalists are still alive, so that helps. I have 56 points after round one and 275 PPR. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I filled out a bracket with many of my teammates and coaches of my hockey team and of course I picked the Blackhawks to win it all. The East side of the bracket I am doing really well as I have all 4 teams that made it there. I have the Penguins beating the Lightning in 7 games after they hopefully take care of business tonight against the Capitals. Now the West is another story. Like I said I have the Blackhawks winning it all so that isn't happening :(. I do have the Sharks making it to the next round, but they were to lose to the Blackhawks in 7. In the Final I have the Blackhawks beating the Penguins in 7 games.

Now that my scenario isn't going to happen here is what I'd like to happen with the remaining clubs. I still will have the Penguins and Lightning meeting up in the next round and I think the Penguins will win it in 7. In the West I want any team but the Blues. I will go with the Sharks and the Stars and the Sharks winning that series in 7. In the Finals I will pick the Penguins winning it over the Sharks in 7.

Cue the happy dance:  :dancing:

For the conference finals, I have STL vs SJS with STL winning, and PIT vs FLA with PIT winning. Thus, I can gain the full 100 points this round unlike in round two. Now I'm starting to get butterflies... or goosebumps... or heavily medicated... or something.  :hyper: 

Archived