Kessel for Conn Smyth?

hf101

cropped_REU_2412699.jpg?ts=1462990930

Kessel was the  #1 star of Game 6 after scoring two goals and adding an assist on the OT winner. Kessel now leads the Penguins with 12 points through 11 playoff games.

7 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Good lord. 5idum_medium Maybe his exercise regimen is finally paying off.

That is downright AWESOME.

Wandered over here to the Pens forum (don't do that too often) to see the response on the big win.......Crickets.

20 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Wandered over here to the Pens forum (don't do that too often) to see the response on the big win.......Crickets.

Sorry Maine I was to busy talking trash at the Island Sports Center last night!

8 hours ago, hf101 said:

Kessel was the  #1 star of Game 6 after scoring two goals and adding an assist on the OT winner. Kessel now leads the Penguins with 12 points through 11 playoff games.

To bad Toronto and Boston gave up on him! 

I'll probably vomit in my mouth a little after typing this but I got to hand it to the pens.....their depth is showing right now. That Bonino line (or whoever the hell he is) certainly made the difference in that series! The caps did a good job of shutting down Sid and Malkin but forgot about Bonino and Kessel and the rest of the overachievers!! ;)

nice series win.

(yup.....I taste bile)

32 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

We're still trying to recover from last night(oh, and working too).  That being said, we're not ones to brag or anything(Okay, I almost had a straight face for that).

As for Kessel, he's playing great, but hardly Conn Smyth material.    He has some good numbers, but his all around play will never put him on that chart unless he doubles everyone else in scoring.     To be honest, if I had a pick for MVP on the Pens right now it would be Hagelin.  The man has simply no end to the energy in any zone, and is a key on the PK and second PP unit.  Sure he does not have the numbers, but 4g 4a for 8 pts in 11 gms is not shabby.    Every time he hits the ice, you can see him make a difference.  

Kessel, he makes a difference in the offensive half, but you rarely notice him in the defensive half.

1 minute ago, JagerMeister said:

@notfondajane My team? The Panthers? Oh dont you worry about us, we have a future selke winner with potential ppg production, a future norris candidate and an exceptional depth full of youth. Were eliminated and kicking ass next year, just you wait :D

And laugh when you lose in the 1st round!

16 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

I'll probably vomit in my mouth a little after typing this but I got to hand it to the pens.....their depth is showing right now. That Bonino line (or whoever the hell he is) certainly made the difference in that series! The caps did a good job of shutting down Sid and Malkin but forgot about Bonino and Kessel and the rest of the overachievers!! ;)

nice series win.

(yup.....I taste bile)

Thank you! Don't forget the Pens didn't play the Capitals best player in Marc Andre Fleury!

20 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

nice series win.

(yup.....I taste bile)

We also you're a closet Pens fan!

1 minute ago, JagerMeister said:

@Podein25 Yeah.... He's quickly becoming one of my favourite players, he already had excellent defensive awareness in his first year in the NHL. Maybe im being a hyperbolic.

Not necessarily, I'm also a huge fan, have watched his career since he was 15. I was just confirming that's who you had in mind. Plus, I enjoy hijacking a Kessel thread

:HijackedThread:

1 hour ago, MaineFlyFan said:

nice series win.

(yup.....I taste bile)

When they moved Bonino(or whoever he is) up to play with Hagelin and Kessel when Malkin went down, that line clicked and played better than when Malkin was there.  When Malkin came back, they didn't touch the HBK line(props to Sullivan) and instead shifted Malkin to play with Kunitz and Fehr.  With teams focusing on Crosby and Malkin, the HBK line has had a pretty phenomenal run.  Can't break them up now, that would be simply Bylsmatic.

36 minutes ago, nossagog said:

When they moved Bonino(or whoever he is) up to play with Hagelin and Kessel when Malkin went down, that line clicked and played better than when Malkin was there.  When Malkin came back, they didn't touch the HBK line(props to Sullivan) and instead shifted Malkin to play with Kunitz and Fehr.  With teams focusing on Crosby and Malkin, the HBK line has had a pretty phenomenal run.  Can't break them up now, that would be simply Bylsmatic.

Come on...a line  like that deserves better....how about the Cookie/Bon-bon/Haggis line? 

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

Come on...a line  like that deserves better....how about the Cookie/Bon-bon/Haggis line? 

y e a h , I don't think so, it just doesn't "sing"

12 hours ago, hf101 said:

I'd say it's a bit early to nominate him for the Conn.

Honestly, I think Nikita Kucherov has been just as good, if not better, than Kessel to this point. I suppose the TB-Pit series will go a long way to determining who will be more valuable to his team since they will be going head to head.

Also, some very nice performances out West too...Burns, Spezza, Benn, Pavelski, just off the top of my head.

15 hours ago, SkyHigh30 said:

@notfondajaneI think if Marc Andre Fleury would have played the series he'd be picking out his favorite Putter instead of his favorite Goalie Stick right now.

Totally agree with you! I'm hoping the Pens could pull off a trade with the Flyers with Marc as the center piece!:toast:

Archived