Kessel for Conn Smyth?

hf101

@nossagog

@Polaris922

Either of you catch The Fan this morning? They found a spoof of Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out For A Hero" (Footloose - 1984) done up by some Vancouver radio guys during Bonino's time there.

Instead of "I need a hero..." it's "I need Bonino...".  Good stuff. Except that once you hear it you apparently can't get it out of your head. Ever. 

24 minutes ago, B21 said:

@nossagog

@Polaris922

Either of you catch The Fan this morning? They found a spoof of Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out For A Hero" (Footloose - 1984) done up by some Vancouver radio guys during Bonino's time there.

Instead of "I need a hero..." it's "I need Bonino...".  Good stuff. Except that once you hear it you apparently can't get it out of your head. Ever. 

Several years back WIP in Philly did a version of "Feliz Navidad" that went:

"AJ Feeley's not so bad
He's the only one we had
AJ Feeley's not so bad

And we're going to the Super Bowl"

That was 15 years ago, and I still can't get the damn thing out of my head.

35 minutes ago, B21 said:

@nossagog

@Polaris922

Gonna have to look that up.  Getting excited.  Need to stock the Guiness supply for tonight. 

Awesome

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Several years back WIP in Philly did a version of "Feliz Navidad" that went:

"AJ Feeley's not so bad
He's the only one we had
AJ Feeley's not so bad

And we're going to the Super Bowl"

That was 15 years ago, and I still can't get the damn thing out of my head.

Maybe listening to "I Need Bonino" would help?  Then again, that could be like picking between a breaking wheel or being hanged, drawn and quartered.

21 points in 22 games before joining the penguins. Kessel has always been a more then serviceable postseason performer. He might not have the aptitude for defensive play, but at the very least no one can accuse him of not trying in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, JagerMeister said:

21 points in 22 games before joining the penguins. Kessel has always been a more then serviceable postseason performer. He might not have the aptitude for defensive play, but at the very least no one can accuse him of not trying in the playoffs.

He's actually figured out that backchecking is a part of playing hockey too! 

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I would go Pavelski 1st but Captain Krispie kreame is making a good run for it!!!

I think in the locker room, his team mates are urging him on for it.  Unfortunately for him, in a long running joke, they have him convinced its the Coney Smyth Trophy.  And with it the winner gets Coney Island Hotdogs for life. A man just needs the proper encouragement. 

Archived