LV Phantoms and other Flyers Prospect discussions 2016-2017

pilldoc

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Hart           1.99 GAA  927 SV%  9 SO  

McNiven    2.30 GAA  915 SV%  6 SO

WTF?

He won 41 games Hart only won 32. It's all i got and Hart is a year younger. I guess because he is a Hab goaltending prospect.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-5-28 at 8:26 AM, OccamsRazor said:

He won 41 games Hart only won 32. It's all i got and Hart is a year younger. I guess because he is a Hab goaltending prospect.

McNiven winning the CHL Goaltender award is like sympathy sex. There's no meaning behind it. Not worried about Hart winning the award. McNiven is a middling prospect who'll be lucky to be a back up in Montreal. There's no way he gets past Price, unless Montreal decides to deal Price. 

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

McNiven winning the CHL Goaltender award is like sympathy sex. There's no meaning behind it. Not worried about Hart winning the award. McNiven is a middling prospect who'll be lucky to be a back up in Montreal. There's no way he gets past Price, unless Montreal decides to deal Price. 

I doubt Fucale ever amounts to anything, but this Lindgren kid looks promising. He was inconsistent at times during his rookie NHL season, other times he looked very efficient. In fact, Lindgren forced Fucale to the ECHL, beating out Zach for spot on the Habs AHL roster. He could very well block the way for McLovin...lol, especially for the next year or so.

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2017/5/21/15664192/charlie-lindgren-2016-17-st-johns-icecaps-review-analysis-stats-scouting-highlights-goaltender-price

Sooooo....the Flyers have 2 hours to sign Samuel Dove-McFalls or lose him to the June draft....I just don't understand this, I liked the way he played....AND the more important the game, the better Samuel played in the Mem Cup. How about you sign him, and use him as a throw in on a deal??  Word is, he will get drafted again, so he does have value. Horrible asset management in my view.

I had a nickname picked out and everything.....

If he was good...Samuel Loves-McSmashing

If he sucked....Samuel Loves-McBalls

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So besides passing on Duclair, Bjorkstrand now we have this......

:bonkingheadonwall:

Every team in the league can play this game.

Goulbourne was a stupid pick. It was at the time and it is now. But I don't think Marshall was a bad pick at the time. 

Thought this was interesting enough to pass on. 

Danick Martel is in the top 10 in scoring at the Ball Hockey World Championships in Pardubice, Czech Republic playing for Team Canada.  He is actually the top scorer among all A pool players where the games tend to have lower scores. All players ahead of him are B pool players who have no more games left in the tournament. He looks extremely fast on the floor with incredible hands and a great shot.  He certainly is one of, if not the, top players in the tournament. 

For those that don't know playing ball hockey is very different than ice hockey especially on the European floor.  There is no coasting to get to from point A to B so players must be very fit and, in my opinion, players built like 400m runners fair better than 100m sprinters or 3,000m runners though each team needs of blend of all 3.  The constant running at a high pace is taxing.  Once the offensive team sets up in the O zone the play sets up more like basketball with man coverage so the game is different.  I think you can go back and stream some of the past games if you have any interest at all.

Also for those not aware the Czech team is drawing about 7k attendees a night and their games are on national television.  Too bad Czech lost to Slovakia last night in the semis.  Both play a trapping style so a 1-0 shoot out win is not surprising.

Anyway it is cool to see Martel here though I've not bumped into him yet.  I wonder what his 40 yard or 100m time is because he certainly is an explosive runner off the line.

http://pardubice2017.com/eng/statistiky.asp?sezona=2017M

4 hours ago, off_the_post said:

Thought this was interesting enough to pass on. 

Danick Martel is in the top 10 in scoring at the Ball Hockey World Championships in Pardubice, Czech Republic playing for Team Canada.  He is actually the top scorer among all A pool players where the games tend to have lower scores. All players ahead of him are B pool players who have no more games left in the tournament. He looks extremely fast on the floor with incredible hands and a great shot.  He certainly is one of, if not the, top players in the tournament. 

For those that don't know playing ball hockey is very different than ice hockey especially on the European floor.  There is no coasting to get to from point A to B so players must be very fit and, in my opinion, players built like 400m runners fair better than 100m sprinters or 3,000m runners though each team needs of blend of all 3.  The constant running at a high pace is taxing.  Once the offensive team sets up in the O zone the play sets up more like basketball with man coverage so the game is different.  I think you can go back and stream some of the past games if you have any interest at all.

Also for those not aware the Czech team is drawing about 7k attendees a night and their games are on national television.  Too bad Czech lost to Slovakia last night in the semis.  Both play a trapping style so a 1-0 shoot out win is not surprising.

Anyway it is cool to see Martel here though I've not bumped into him yet.  I wonder what his 40 yard or 100m time is because he certainly is an explosive runner off the line.

http://pardubice2017.com/eng/statistiky.asp?sezona=2017M

Where do they all run to when a car drives by though?

4 hours ago, off_the_post said:

Danick Martel is in the top 10 in scoring at the Ball Hockey World Championships in Pardubice, Czech Republic playing for Team Canada.  He is actually the top scorer among all A pool players where the games tend to have lower scores.

Nice to see him mentioned. He has seemed to have been forgotten in the Flyer's talent pool. I had high opes for him he is in the size realm of Weal except he is a natural LW.

He is a guy who can score and he should be pushing hard this year for a spot on the big club.

The only problem is there isn't a lot of room on the Flyers but if ever given the chance i think his speed could help greatly in the Flyers transition game.

As stated he isn't big by any means he reminds me of the Preds Victor Arvidsson size wise.

He is in the last year of his entry level deal so a big year for him coming up can go along way.

However i think if need be in a pinch he could help the Flyers in the bottom 9 spots.

The only issue is you also have Leier standing in his way when a callup is needed.

On 2017-6-15 at 3:28 PM, Poconono said:

Martel's a feisty little SOB too.  That should sit well with the Faithful.  But the again, so was Cousins.

Cousins never had the wheels that Martel has though. Watching Martel out there reminds me a little of Danny Briere with regards to his jets. If Martel were two inches taller, he'd be a regular NHLer, no doubt in my mind.

On 2017-6-4 at 7:15 AM, OccamsRazor said:

So besides passing on Duclair, Bjorkstrand now we have this......

:bonkingheadonwall:

Hindsight is always 20/20. At the time of his draft year, Kevin Marshall was one of the top rated defensemen. He had major hip surgery though and that just sapped the skating right out of him. He wasn't an elite skater to begin with (he wasn't bad, but he wasn't a burner like Subban), but he was a physical beast The surgery killed his mobility. I still think he could have been a shut down guy if his hip never went on him.

As for Goulbourne, I'm disappointed at how his career has turned out. Yes, there were better players available, but I had a soft spot for the guy as he worked INCREDIBLY hard to become something more than a fighter. He was one of the best defensive players in the WHL and was a leader of his team's penalty kill units. One of the things that impressed me was that for all the penalty minutes he had in his final two years of junior, he only had four minors against him - the rest was for fighting and it was usually due to him protecting a teammate, someone who's barely 6 feet tall and he would often fight the toughest of guys. Anyways, I hate the fact that the Flyers coaching staff just used him specifically for fighting. That's how they ruined Ben Eager too. These were guys that could skate and be efficient checkers and still pop in a few goals here and there. It's a shame how they pigeon holed Goulbourne because he was an elite defensive player in the WHL. He could have been an effective checker on the fourth line that could also kill penalties.

18 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Hindsight is always 20/20. At the time of his draft year, Kevin Marshall was one of the top rated defensemen. He had major hip surgery though and that just sapped the skating right out of him. He wasn't an elite skater to begin with (he wasn't bad, but he wasn't a burner like Subban), but he was a physical beast The surgery killed his mobility. I still think he could have been a shut down guy if his hip never went on him.

As for Goulbourne, I'm disappointed at how his career has turned out. Yes, there were better players available, but I had a soft spot for the guy as he worked INCREDIBLY hard to become something more than a fighter. He was one of the best defensive players in the WHL and was a leader of his team's penalty kill units. One of the things that impressed me was that for all the penalty minutes he had in his final two years of junior, he only had four minors against him - the rest was for fighting and it was usually due to him protecting a teammate, someone who's barely 6 feet tall and he would often fight the toughest of guys. Anyways, I hate the fact that the Flyers coaching staff just used him specifically for fighting. That's how they ruined Ben Eager too. These were guys that could skate and be efficient checkers and still pop in a few goals here and there. It's a shame how they pigeon holed Goulbourne because he was an elite defensive player in the WHL. He could have been an effective checker on the fourth line that could also kill penalties.

I never had a problem with Homer taking Goulbourne...I just had a problem with taking him in the 3rd round. 

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

I never had a problem with Homer taking Goulbourne...I just had a problem with taking him in the 3rd round. 

Yep, he wasn't a third round player and there were some who hated Goulbourne because of it. Some of the hate he received was none of his doing.That's the part of me that really wanted to see him succeed so that people would eat their words. 

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

HHHHhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm Myers was a camp invite a few years back too...maybe he earns a contract!!!

So was Vecchione.

Ivan Kosorenkov

Right Wing -- shoots L
Born Jan 22 1998 
[19 yrs. ago] 
Height 5.10 -- Weight 187 
                                          --- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----
Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016-17  Victoriaville Tigres        QMJHL  68   34   29   63   40   4   2   2   4   2
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ivan Kosorenkov – scouting report

Bio:
Team: Team Russia U18                                Draft status: 2016 eligible
Position: RW/LW
To date stats: 19 GP, 12 G, 6 A, 18 Pts, 8 PIMs
Shoots: L
Height/Weight: 6’0”, 180 lbs.

Characteristics:

Skating:
A fast skater with an excellent agility, first step and top speed. Can easily change direction and skate backwards, or brake to make a pause, fool the defenseman, and then shoot, pass, or keep on skating. Grade: 60

Shooting:
A natural goalscorer, Kosorenkov has a very good shot with a fast release. He can also unwind strong one-timers, other than trying to fool the netminder with unpredictable attempts. His wrister is also very accurate and he reminds me a little bit of Nikita Kucherov in that regards. Grade: 60

Puck skills:
Kosorenkov has a good set of hands, and can be a good playmaker too, even if he prefers to score. He is very good in bringing the puck forward and his speed guarantees him a lot of breakaways in junior hockey, of course it will be harder for him to replicate his style of play in pro hockey. He likes to take defensemen one on one and is often successful. Grade: 55

Smarts:
Kosorenkov is a one-dimensional player. He usually doesn’t commit a lot in the defensive side of the game, and prefers concentrating on his offensive game. He can deliver good passes, even if he prefers to play the puck himself, but has a good eye for his linemates. Grade: 45

Physicality:
He isn’t a physical player, and isn’t particularly big either, although he can take hits and doesn’t suffer when things get tougher. He will of course have to bulk up to think about playing in North America, but also to play pro hockey in Europe. Grade: 45

General assessment:
A great raw talent with some holes in his game in the defensive side. He also tends to overplay the puck at times, as he still plays too much in a junior hockey style, while he should be focusing a bit more in passing the puck and getting back. That being said, he has great hands and excellent skating abilities, and put in the right situation he can produce on a regular way in any team.

Overall Future Projection: 55

Archived