Silent Bob strikes again

Lindbergh31

I would guess the trade probably had more to do with Bobrovsky. 

Why would he he want to stay in an organization that just signed a starting goalie for 9 years???

Meanwhile the Flyers are paying Bryzgalov a total of $23 million dollars until 2027 just to NOT play for the Flyers. 

That's just a colossal mistake. A GM with absolutely no common sense at all. Seriously. 

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Meanwhile the Flyers are paying Bryzgalov a total of $23 million dollars until 2027 just to NOT play for the Flyers. 

I will agree not to play for the Flyers for half of that, lol

How the Flyers mismanaged Bobrovsky - I won't rehash the series of missteps and miscalculations - is near the top of the list of most costly mistakes ever made by the organization.

3 hours ago, canoli said:

How the Flyers mismanaged Bobrovsky - I won't rehash the series of missteps and miscalculations - is near the top of the list of most costly mistakes ever made by the organization.

I think trading our 1st for steve eminger instead of drafting Carlson is right up their to.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:45 AM, fishbulb said:

Call me crazy, but wasn't "Silent Bob".... Robert Esche?

Wow.....I forgot he even played for the Flyers. I guess being memorable was not one of his strong points either.....

2 hours ago, flyerrod said:

Wow.....I forgot he even played for the Flyers. I guess being memorable was not one of his strong points either.....

I'll never forget him b/c I showed up to my old elementary school (Northern Ontario) wearing a flyers jersey... I also had a pretty crappy beard at the time and the little kids thought I was Esche.

Apparently 8 year olds can't tell the difference b/w a chubby 5'8 guy and a professional athlete ;-)

On 3/26/2017 at 10:45 AM, brelic said:

Why would he he want to stay in an organization that just signed a starting goalie for 9 years???

That's just a colossal mistake. A GM with absolutely no common sense at all. Seriously. 

Just to drive the point home, he can pay my house off nearly 4 times a year 23 years. I will be paying for this house for the next 25+ years while barely making ends meet.

On 3/26/2017 at 9:45 AM, brelic said:

Actually, it was an impatient owner

I hate to say it but reflecting on this franchise since the '03-'04 ECF is mildly depressing.  I think our 10 game streak this year will be put on the mantle along with the '08 and '10 runs that were one trick pony squads that weren't good or sustainable long-term. We hope Hexy has brought a New Deal but that remains to be seen.

Archived