If Colorado offers Landeskog and #4 for #2 do we take it

RonJeremy

It seems like a decent deal. That said, Landeskog seems to be a 50pt per year guy on average so far (after five seasons). That's not bad of course, but no.2 could end up better.

Still, it would be an interesting proposition anyway.

I have a very hard imagining they'd ever offer that though. That's trading a 2nd for a 2nd and giving up a 4th for free. Seems quite unlikely.

That's my thought , it's like a 2 for 1, we get two great young players and a left wing for Giroux. Plus it helps the team rebuild quicker by us adding 2 players instead of one. They say Nico and Patrick are close to NHL ready,are any other guys close as well?

My other thought is the Flyers like to go against common thought in the draft sometimes, like when we took Morin and Sanheim over other more highly rated players . Vilardi could become a force and there's also a big scoring winger Tippett.

If Hischier is on the board when the Flyers pick, no. If Patrick is on the table, I'd strongly consider. I know scouts are high on Patrick, but Cody Glass had as good a 17 year old season as Patrick did and dare I say it, Glass had just as good a year as Hischier did. Add in Landeskog and that's a very good addition to the Flyers. It also means a few guys are going to need to be moved to bring Landeskog onboard. Ideally, the Flyers would need to jettison Raffl, Read and MacDonald. You'd also have a lineup as follows:

Landeskog - Giroux - Voracek

Konecny - Couturier - Schenn

Lindblom - Glass/Filppula - Simmonds

Weal - Laughton/Filppula - Weise 

That's quite the line up. I don't know if Glass makes the team this year, but he certainly wouldn't be far off. He tested incredibly well at the combine that really, there isn't that big a gap between Patrick, Hischier and Glass. Yeah, I think this kind of move is something the Flyers should consider.

Landeskog has regressed almost every year and has an albatross of a contract hanging over his head, between 6 and 6.5 million thru 2021. I know that Sakic keeps saying that he wont trade him unless he gets a kings ransom for him which may be bluster, anyone willing to give much of anything for such an overpriced winger would be taking a huge risk. His point production the last four years has went 65, 59,53,33 I personally would not want to find out what comes next with that contract. Puff puff pass.

2 hours ago, elmatus said:

Not sure if serious...

I wasn't really, but I don't want to see Duchene go to Pittsburgh, either, which is rumored. I won't do it in all seriousness because I don't want to trade the #2 pick (besides the fact that the salaries don't work to begin with). What are your reasons?

11 hours ago, FD19372 said:

OK here it goes. How about Voracek, Couturier, the #2 pick and next year's 2nd rounder, and Hagg for Landeskog and Duchene?

Landeskog and Couts are both young. To date, Landeskog scores about 10pts per year more than Couts. Couts however is a far better defensive player. I'd consider the two a wash. 

Voracek and Duchene are very similar players in many ways. They play very similarly and have about the same level of production. I don't think Duchene would bring anything Voracek doesn't already. 

Upto that point, i could understand the proposal. I'd have to think it over, but i'd understand it. It would be assuming Landeskog'a presence on the LW is more of what we need than a responsible 2C. 

Add no.2, another pick, and Hagg to that? Non merci. :)

Since we're being goofy with trade suggestions (no offense intended. Sometimes it's a fun time killer). 

I've been throwing this around:

To the Isles:

Giroux, PHI #2 overall, Hagg

To the Flyers:

Tavares, NYI 2018 1st rnd

If we're really being saucy, we could throw in Macdonald and Halak. 

I'm not a fan of trading our #2. But I'm tired of watching Giroux and I don't think Tavares /Giroux happens without the #2. It may work without Hagg, but I don't think so. Thoughts? 

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Since we're being goofy with trade suggestions (no offense intended. Sometimes it's a fun time killer). 

To the Isles:

To the Flyers:

I'm not a fan of trading our #2. But I'm tired of watching Giroux and I don't think Tavares /Giroux happens without the #2. It may work without Hagg, but I don't think so. Thoughts? 

I can see where you're coming from. There's a pretty good chance that 2018 ends up being pretty high. I'm not sure it'll be a no.2, but it'll likely be a high one. I'm not sure Tavares is that much better than Giroux though. I think he is better, but I don't think he's Giroux + Hagg + no.2 better. That's pretty steep.

I can absolutely see Giroux being traded at some point in the next few years. Imo, that should happen following a good year though, not a bad one. He had a rough year this past season. If we trade him now, we would almost certainly end up on the losing side of the deal.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

To the Isles:

To the Flyers:

Why not go all the way in....

Let's trade our entire roster and coaching staff to the Predators in return we get their entire roster and coaching staff - then flip Subban, 3 firsts and Ghost for Crosby!!!  #winning!

:cheers:

3 minutes ago, elmatus said:

I'm not sure Tavares is that much better than Giroux though. I think he is better, but I don't think he's Giroux + Hagg + no.2 better. That's pretty steep.

I tend to agree (not just "tend to").    I think given that franchise's situation and the fact he's been the face for the last several years, it would take an overpayment.  I think Hagg gets you into that overpayment territory.   But the deal with Hagg without the picks doesn't make it worth it for anyone and I'm not trading our #2 for anything other than their 1st rounder next year.   Honestly asking, does that deal get done (if you're NYI) without Hagg?  Or maybe something instead of Hagg.  Wonder if MacDonald.  LOL

I'm actually in favor of just picking at #2, to be honest.   But just wondering how to move from Giroux while there's still some value.  I agree it would be better to do do it following a "good year," but I'm losing a little confidence that we're going to see one.

4 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

Why not go all the way in....

Let's trade our entire roster and coaching staff to the Predators in return we get their entire roster and coaching staff - then flip Subban, 3 firsts and Ghost for Crosby!!!  #winning!

:cheers:

Bite me.  :VeryCool:

Archived