B. Schenn traded to Blues for J. Lehtera and a Conditional 1st in 2018

pilldoc

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, ruxpin said:

We were all still over at silly.com, but there was a lot of bridge jumping the second half of that. We had a core and a captain that acted like "let's go skating for 3 hours. If we win, great. If not, who cares?"  That was frustrating as hell for me at the time.  Underachieving is right. That team had no business being in a position of needing a shootout to get in. 

^^^This ^^^  .... No one and I mean no one expected them to come back from being down 0-3 to the Bruins.   I remember more than a few threads calling for a complete gutting of the team. 

I was going to post something similar last night but had second thoughts thinking I was was being over critical and read too much into the post.   If it were not for the OT win against the Rangers then that playoff run never materializes.

Finally, don't forget that was the bizarre year were the top 3 teams in the East (Wash / NJ / Buffalo) all were upset in the 1st round and then the #8 Habs upset the Pens in the 2nd round after reseeding.  The Flyers had home ice as the #7 seed!

Point I'm trying to make is, it was a perfect storm for the Flyers to get to the Finals.  In that season, IMO, they don't get by the Pens / Caps / Sabres.

It was a fantastic run and we were all going nuts over at silly.com, but that team certainly had their flaws .....

I do get Aziiz's post though ....

18 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Ain't going to happen.  I promise you that.  If you want to pay off everything you own, bet everything against it.

Who is your pick big guy?  Lets have it.  Chicago?  Or a theepeat?  

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

If Lehtera is flipped for a needed asset before training camp or early in the season, I'm fine with the trade, but it makes almost no sense whatsoever....just for a little cap relief.

It wasn't done for cap relief.  Taking Lehtera was giving the blues cap relief.  

It was was done to make room for the guys they have who need ice time and could be better and for draft picks that will compete for spots in a few years. 

Lindblom, Patrick, Konecny, and hopefully Weal.  

These are all top 9 players and second PP unit guys who simply won't get the minutes they need to get better with Schenn on the team. 

Its very kikely that Schenn was going to be taking a cut in at least even strength minutes this year.  

Now for just just a moment look back through the mists of time at how rage filled we all were when Homer gave up all our first and second round picks for a few years chasing guys like Pronger and worse. 

Someone just gabe gave us two of theirs for Brayden Schenn.  Not Pronger, Schenn. 

Its a good deal.  We'll miss Brayden, but the deal kinda makes sense for all sides.  For Schenn, for the Blues but especially for the Flyers.  

5 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Dude first of all .....

maxresdefault.jpg

Second of all....here are the Vegas odds for the Stanley Cup next year ......look at about half way down...that is were you will find the Blues ....... @ 30-1 odds ....

2018 Stanley Cup Odds
Team Opening odds
Pittsburgh Penguins 8-1
Tampa Bay Lightning 10-1
Washington Capitals 10-1
Edmonton Oilers 10-1
Chicago Blackhawks 12-1
Montreal Canadiens 14-1
Toronto Maple Leafs 14-1
New York Rangers 14-1
Minnesota Wild 14-1
Nashville Predators 14-1
Dallas Stars 14-1
Anaheim Ducks 14-1
Columbus Blue Jackets 20-1
San Jose Sharks 20-1
Los Angeles Kings 20-1
Ottawa Senators 30-1
Boston Bruins 30-1
St. Louis Blues 30-1
Calgary Flames 30-1
Florida Panthers 40-1
New York Islanders 40-1
Philadelphia Flyers 40-1
Winnipeg Jets 40-1
Buffalo Sabres 60-1
Carolina Hurricanes 60-1
Detroit Red Wings 100-1
New Jersey Devils 100-1
Colorado Avalanche 100-1
Arizona Coyotes 100-1
Vancouver Canucks 100-1
Vegas Golden Knights 200-1

5 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Dude first of all .....

maxresdefault.jpg

Second of all....here are the Vegas odds for the Stanley Cup next year ......look at about half way down...that is were you will find the Blues ....... @ 30-1 odds ....

2018 Stanley Cup Odds
Team Opening odds
Pittsburgh Penguins 8-1
Tampa Bay Lightning 10-1
Washington Capitals 10-1
Edmonton Oilers 10-1
Chicago Blackhawks 12-1
Montreal Canadiens 14-1
Toronto Maple Leafs 14-1
New York Rangers 14-1
Minnesota Wild 14-1
Nashville Predators 14-1
Dallas Stars 14-1
Anaheim Ducks 14-1
Columbus Blue Jackets 20-1
San Jose Sharks 20-1
Los Angeles Kings 20-1
Ottawa Senators 30-1
Boston Bruins 30-1
St. Louis Blues 30-1
Calgary Flames 30-1
Florida Panthers 40-1
New York Islanders 40-1
Philadelphia Flyers 40-1
Winnipeg Jets 40-1
Buffalo Sabres 60-1
Carolina Hurricanes 60-1
Detroit Red Wings 100-1
New Jersey Devils 100-1
Colorado Avalanche 100-1
Arizona Coyotes 100-1
Vancouver Canucks 100-1
Vegas Golden Knights 200-1

Yes its way to early.  But for St Louis to be 30-1 and the Leas to be 14-1 is a joke.  Toronto should be with us down at 60-1.  I will take those odds.  And will throw in a small one on the Capitals at 10-1 also

59 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I'm not picking anyone at this stage.   I don't like Chicago's chances at this point.  I don't think they've helped themselves with the moves they've made so far.  The East is wide open, but the Pens are the "safe" bet if not for the fact they just won two.  Repeating is tough as hell.  A hat trick is ridiculous.   But paper vs. paper, it's the Pens. I think I like the Oilers in the west. The Sharks are in transition, I think. The Ducks are getting old. The Stars are better, so watch out there. I guess Oilers. 

I'll tell you two teams, guaranteed, that it won't be:   Washington and Blues.   We're starting this discussion early, but despite your arguing with me over this for 4 years in a row or so, this is the easiest call in sports (other than that the Phillies WILL finish last).

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Yes its way to early.  But for St Louis to be 30-1 and the Leas to be 14-1 is a joke.  Toronto should be with us down at 60-1.  I will take those odds.  And will throw in a small one on the Capitals at 10-1 also

You know the odds in Vegas aren't based solely on who they think will win, right?

They're trying to get people to bet.

Tronno fans will shell out at 14-1.

1 hour ago, radoran said:

You know the odds in Vegas aren't based solely on who they think will win, right?

They're trying to get people to bet.

Tronno fans will shell out at 14-1.

They believe they will win every year.  The Blues are 35-1 on 5 Dimes right now.  I am going to bite.

2 hours ago, ruxpin said:

I'm not picking anyone at this stage.   I don't like Chicago's chances at this point.  I don't think they've helped themselves with the moves they've made so far.  The East is wide open, but the Pens are the "safe" bet if not for the fact they just won two.  Repeating is tough as hell.  A hat trick is ridiculous.   But paper vs. paper, it's the Pens. I think I like the Oilers in the west. The Sharks are in transition, I think. The Ducks are getting old. The Stars are better, so watch out there. I guess Oilers. 

I'll tell you two teams, guaranteed, that it won't be:   Washington and Blues.   We're starting this discussion early, but despite your arguing with me over this for 4 years in a row or so, this is the easiest call in sports (other than that the Phillies WILL finish last).

Adding Schenn is not a bad thing and St Louis is loaded with talent.  Lost a tough CONFERENCE FINAL due to a hot goalie in part, so how you can just ignore them is simply reckless.  St Louis has a huge shot to win.  And so does Washington.  And the Sabres have a shot to get into the playoffs also

42 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Adding Schenn is not a bad thing and St Louis is loaded with talent.  Lost a tough CONFERENCE FINAL due to a hot goalie in part, so how you can just ignore them is simply reckless.  St Louis has a huge shot to win.  And so does Washington.  And the Sabres have a shot to get into the playoffs also

Schenn will hurt them. The utterly ridiculous thing is they're talking first line center. That's going to be a disaster. 

Seriously, this kind of stupidity should get a GM fired. 

And I ignore them because the organization finds a way to shoot itself. It started early this year. Aren't you tired of losing this one every single year? I feel like I'm trying to explain to someone that the world is, in fact, not flat. 

9 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

They believe they will win every year.  The Blues are 35-1 on 5 Dimes right now.  I am going to bite.

Yeah, well people believe all kinds of goofy sh##.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

Yeah, well people believe all kinds of goofy sh##.

What's the matter with those Leaf fans...thinking "they" can win every year?

Imagine them having the nerve to pick the same team year after year after year after year after year.....

9 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Oh it will be years end no doubt...Yeo will follow him out the door and Tippett will have a new home...

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh it will be years end no doubt...Yeo will follow him out the door and Tippett will have a new home...

That's a solid prediction. +10 pts.

11 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Schenn will hurt them. The utterly ridiculous thing is they're talking first line center. That's going to be a disaster. 

And I ignore them because the organization finds a way to shoot itself. It started early this year. Aren't you tired of losing this one every single year? I feel like I'm trying to explain to someone that the world is, in fact, not flat. 

I do not get you.  If you believe the St Louis Blues are not going to be in the fight come next April then you are plum crazy.  When you have the likes of Teresennko and Pietrangelo and Steen you have sometihing

3 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

If you believe the St Louis Blues are not going to be in the fight come next April then you are plum crazy.  

He didn't even say that.

He just said Schenn at center much less the #1 spot is a disaster waiting to happen...i agree.

You'll see.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

He didn't even say that.

He just said Schenn at center much less the #1 spot is a disaster waiting to happen...i agree.

You'll see.

I will see the Blues in the Western conference finals minimum.  That is what I will see.  I am not sure the Wild can repeat what they did last year.  I know the Blues will be better.

Archived