Bubble boy has more "injury" issues.

Good Lord.  Kid has the absolute worst luck.  

Who has ever heard of a facial infection keeping someone out of the lineup?  What could it be?  Does he wear Hossa's equipment?

Just now, RJ8812 said:

Someone farted on his pillow 

You know... "facial infection" is pretty good code for pink eye.  Nice job, Doctor.  

1 hour ago, vis said:

Good Lord.  Kid has the absolute worst luck.  

Who has ever heard of a facial infection keeping someone out of the lineup?  What could it be?  Does he wear Hossa's equipment?

And for the love of God, don't let Danny Heatley give him a ride home!

(Too soon?)

1 minute ago, ruxpin said:

(Too soon?)

or cross the border with Mike Richards :ph34r:

(double too soon) :)

33 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

(Too soon?)

Or get on a boat Francis Belanger is driving!!!!

Too soon?

:ike:

34 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

(Too soon?)

I'm trying to imagine and I'm coming up with very little.

If he had to have a cyst or something removed, he may have sutures or something that preclude such kind of exercise for a few days at the most.  

I'm not Dr. House, but beyond that I'm having a tough time.  If only Dr. House were real... we could just send this kid to Princeton and figure out WTF is going on.  

25 minutes ago, King Knut said:

I'm trying to imagine and I'm coming up with very little.

If he had to have a cyst or something removed, he may have sutures or something that preclude such kind of exercise for a few days at the most.  

I'm not Dr. House, but beyond that I'm having a tough time.  If only Dr. House were real... we could just send this kid to Princeton and figure out WTF is going on.  

he could have contracted Impetigo ..?? 

Impetigo is a common and contagious bacterial skin infection that is usually a minor problem, but sometimes complications may occur that require treatment. Complications related to impetigo can include deeper skin infection (cellulitis), meningitis, or a kidney inflammation (post streptococcal glomerulonephritis, which is not prevented by treatment). Impetigo often starts with a cut or break in the skin that allows bacteria entry. Impetigo is usually caused by "staph" (Staphylococcus) or "strep" (Streptococcus) bacteria

Acne.jpg

30 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

he could have contracted Impetigo ..?? 

Impetigo is a common and contagious bacterial skin infection that is usually a minor problem, but sometimes complications may occur that require treatment. Complications related to impetigo can include deeper skin infection (cellulitis), meningitis, or a kidney inflammation (post streptococcal glomerulonephritis, which is not prevented by treatment). Impetigo often starts with a cut or break in the skin that allows bacteria entry. Impetigo is usually caused by "staph" (Staphylococcus) or "strep" (Streptococcus) bacteria

Acne.jpg

I guess he could have lots of nasty bacteria in the locker room... and he is still only 18... but good lord, it would had to have progressed pretty badly for him not to be able to skate.

Maybe they're keeping him away from the locker room as a quarantine?

3 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Maybe they're keeping him away from the locker room as a quarantine?

That is probably the most logical reason.

From some of the journals I have read, there is an outside chance this could be a new form of Impetigo which has a MRSA component.  Which if is the case, is a really nasty infection to treat.  Of course this is all pure speculation and conjuncture on my part, but the idea of him not skating is probably more of a preventative quarantine action (as you mentioned) rather than some type of physical inability regardless if it is MRSA or not.

Always some new to deal with around here ............

9 minutes ago, King Knut said:

... but good lord, it would had to have progressed pretty badly for him not to be able to skate.

Google photos of Imetigo (if that is what he really has or not) and you can see it can get quite nasty .......

thank god it is very treatable ......

3 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Google photos of Imetigo (if that is what he really has or not) and you can see it can get quite nasty .......

thank god it is very treatable ......

the MRSA aspect is a bit scary.  It's cropping up more and more.  This was a LONG time ago now, but I remember when they were afraid Michael Renberg might actually lose his hand when a scratch became infected with Locker room bacteria (presumably in his glove or on his skate laces). 

terrifying.   Of course that may just have been the Maple Leafs crack training and med staff though ;)

Archived