Brayden Schenn

Leach27

Of Course. they're planning the Parade in St Louis since #10 has arrived. whatever.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_2018.html

The Power play is ranked 14 out of 30 - 20.51%

It could be better but, it is not suffering.

He is not a smart player. I don't care how he's doing in St Louis. This team is better 5 v 5 without him...by a mile.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Of Course. they're planning the Parade in St Louis since #10 has arrived. whatever.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_2018.html

The Power play is ranked 14 out of 30 - 20.51%

It could be better but, it is not suffering.

He is not a smart player. I don't care how he's doing in St Louis. This team is better 5 v 5 without him...by a mile.

I am with you on this one.   This team is much better 5 v 5.   I have been waiting for this post since the beginning of the year.   One bad loss and people are freaking out ...   yeesh.

I hope Schenn does well in all honestly but I have no issue w/ the trade.   2 first round picks for Schenn is a nice return and Frost could turn out to be a heck of a player.  

Schenn is not making this team a bona-fide playoff team...   

The trade is win-win as far as i'm concerned.

I don't look at that trade as a Schenn for Lehtra.  I look at that as a Schenn for Mogan Frost and taking back some salary.

Morgan Frost is already a smarter player than Schenn and he's a better skater by a mile and he's ****** 18...

Schenn got so much mileage from the one good world juniors tournament he had it's sickening.  He's not a bad player but he was severely overrated and for me was never going to be worth trading Mike Richards and all the winning that followed Mike around.

I think Lehtra is better at retaining possession of the puck than Schenn, though Schenn is clearly the better player when one compares them. 

Schenn was slow to react and make plays.  He should have been a 30 pp goal score with Giroux feeding him pucks and Simmonds taking up space , yet somehow , he found new and creative ways to miss wide open nets.

I hope Schenn does well, he's a good dude.

I've seen enough of him to know he's going to be a 45 pt  25/20 player. which teams need, this one doesn't though. 

This team is scoring at a good rate.

I think Filppula is an upgrade from him on the PP because Schenn was a turn over waiting to happen, while Flip can hold the puck and make plays.

I never once watched Schenn play and thought "wow that was amazing", he never lifted me out of my seat, and he wasn't "good" consistently enough while he was here. 

Schenn's okay, the team is better without him. 

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

I look at that as a Schenn for Mogan Frost and taking back some salary.

And another 1st round pick in the upcoming draft.

I don't hate Schenn. He just doesn't think the game very well like big brother. I think it moves to fast for him to process most times.

It is why he is better on the ice less moving parts trying to defend him. 

So with that said i don't miss him. His 5 mill now will go towards resigning Ivan. Win win for both clubs.

7 hours ago, Leach27 said:

Big mistake by hexy making this trade, as he is missed on the pp and he wasn't afraid to get physical. These are 2 things the flyers need now. 17 pp goals and 189 hits last yr..

Are you being serious or is this a joke thread?

short-term loss for long-term gain...we knew that when the trade was made

Schenn netted us 2 1sts and for a re-building team, it's what you want/need. Schenn's value likely would have went down by the time this team became contenders and he became more expendable 

Don't understand why people care about Lehtera. He's nothing in terms of this trade. Literally a cap move

22 hours ago, Leach27 said:

Big mistake by hexy making this trade, as he is missed on the pp and he wasn't afraid to get physical. These are 2 things the flyers need now. 17 pp goals and 189 hits last yr..

This is is a joke post right?

you do know that Filppula (is who took Schenn's PP spot) has more goals and PP goals than Schenn does so far this year right?

More importantly, They're scoring at even strength without him. 

Schenn was good good on the PP but the PP was the only place he fit at all in the lineup. 

They're already better for it IMHO, but when Lehtera is gone and Frost comes up and they get another first rounder next year, Coburn will be the Brayden we'll remember more fondly. 

It was was a very very good deal. 

14 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

short-term loss for long-term gain...we knew that when the trade was made

Schenn netted us 2 1sts and for a re-building team, it's what you want/need. Schenn's value likely would have went down by the time this team became contenders and he became more expendable 

Don't understand why people care about Lehtera. He's nothing in terms of this trade. Literally a cap move

People care about Lehtera because they don't enjoy thinking.  

However indisagree in the short term loss. Much to my shock, Filppula is scoring on the PP at s pace similar to Schenn last year and far better on the overall. 

Aside from the PP, Schenn didn't contribute much at all.  Hits are a nice number to throw out, but in terms of production, posssssion and play driving, Schenn didn't help this team at all times less it was a PP. 

theyre at worst no worse and at best far better at even strength without him. 

Long story short?  The haven't even lost in the short term. 

Speaking of trading a forward!!!!

So Vegas is allowing Vadim Shipachyov to seek a trade i am intrigued by this i wonder what the asking price would be??

Flyers have two 1st round picks in the upcoming draft...i would move one for him and i'm sure it would require something else.

6-0 187 center who is a left hand shot. 

Just looking around to improve the club now....he is on the books for the next two years at 4.5mil per.

Vegas would have to take salary back though....

On 10/27/2017 at 7:03 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Speaking of trading a forward!!!!

So Vegas is allowing Vadim Shipachyov to seek a trade i am intrigued by this i wonder what the asking price would be??

Flyers have two 1st round picks in the upcoming draft...i would move one for him and i'm sure it would require something else.

6-0 187 center who is a left hand shot. 

Just looking around to improve the club now....he is on the books for the next two years at 4.5mil per.

Vegas would have to take salary back though....

I admittedly haven't watched Vegas at all, but isn't he on the block because he's been playing like complete garbage? From what I understand, he seems to be very clearly outmatched by a majority of the league at this point.

I mean, it may be worth a look if the asking price is very low, but I'd be mindful of burning too much on him at this point. Yakupov says hi.

3 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

They're saying he doesn't "fit" with the team. So instead of easing him into the line-up so that he can become comfortable with the NA game, they just tell him to piss off

Between Ruby and Linblom, we've got enough skilled talent who aren't yet comfortable with the NA game.  

Archived