Block buster trade

blocker

lol.

Jerabek is actually a decent puck mover but not very responsible in his own zone and an UFA at years end. Washinton has Carlson and Niskanen who are the only two who know how to join the rush so they hope that for very little they get a third pair puck over.Probably not but he has to be better than Taylor Chorney or Brooks Orpik.....

• 4 months later...
37 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not blockbuster but i'm lazy....

Scuba Steve is on the move again...

This must mean they're getting ready to move Price, right!?!?!

35 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

This must mean they're getting ready to move Price, right!?!?!

Well I posted in the shoutbox they were looking to move him already....so who knows with the quack GM they have.

Why the hell would the Habs want Mason???  His disastrous start in Winnipeg pretty much sealed the deal.  They better hope Price is ok and dosen't go down for a long period of time.  I know Mason was stellar at one point in his career, but the last 2 years have been a rather rocky road for him.

45 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Why the hell would the Habs want Mason??? 

Judging from this thread on Reddit, the appeal is Armia and Mason is just the bad part of the trade they have to suck up and put up with. Some have the hope they could bounce him off to another team somehow.

8 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

Judging from this thread on Reddit, the appeal is Armia and Mason is just the bad part of the trade they have to suck up and put up with. Some have the hope they could bounce him off to another team somehow.

Yeah sort of the way Hexy had to take Lehtera last year ..... now I get it....

53 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Mason is being waived.

That is bad when they think Niemi is a better backup option...

LOL  I just said similar in the chatbox!    Gotta figure Mason is finished if he isn't considered to be as good as Niemi.

Poor Steve Mason...

As was mentioned, he was a pretty decent goalie ( I even defended him on occasion against the Flyer fans with pitchforks and torches!) not so long ago.....and I'd like to think his actual SKILL hasn't deteriorated, but rather, his mental strength has waned.

Guy has always seemed like the type of goalie that can get really hot, have all the confidence in the world....but when faced with some adversity, he folds and acts like he has completely forgotten how to man an NHL net!

I think what Mason needs is a low pressure job somewhere behind a stout defense to get his confidence as an NHL netminder back.

Maybe short term, he can do a non descript squad some good....although, this IS the NHL, and "hiding places' are becoming fewer and far between and at some point, Mason just has to show he is reliable beyond a few good streaks.

Montreal may be doing him a favor by waiving him if that is to be the case.

If Mason folds under adversity and doesn't do so well in markets where hockey is religion and/or the fans are rabid (Philly, Winnipeg), then Montreal CERTAINLY is not for him.

Maybe a stint as a backup for the Sens (no one will be watching them this season, right?)

Maybe another trip back to Columbus to fill in for Bob once in a while behind a decent Columbus defense.

Maybe Carolina where the defense plays an underrated brand of hockey and again, he shouldn't have rabid hockey maniacs at his hotel room door.

Maybe just float around long enough for the soon to enter Seattle Whatevers to grab him up as a backup to MAF whom the Knights will SURELY leave unprotected... :InnocentSmiley:

Anyways, yea, doesn't sound like much of a trade, but then again, I don't know much about the other pieces being moved around.

Maybe Marc Bergevin does his impression of blind squirrel finding acorn and makes out nicely here......

As for Winnipeg, they just unloaded a contract and freed up a goalie spot...…..who wants to backup Connor Hellebuyck on an up n coming Jets team? Should be lots of guys who'd like that assignment...

I agree his mental state has eroded.

To really match his skill level to boot.

His speed has slipped alot so to combat that he goes down so quick and it leaves him weak up top.

Combine that with the fact that his glove effectness has fell off a cliff....and well you have teams preferring Niemi over him.

Sad really.

Back when the Flyers first got him I feared it was too little to late. And I was proven right.

But the biggest culprit to his demise is being inside his own head.

2 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Maybe a stint as a backup for the Sens (no one will be watching them this season, right?)

Between the prospect they got in the draft and potential coming through from Belleville they're not interested in anyone else, especially someone at the end of their career.

8 minutes ago, Puck_Pun said:

Between the prospect they got in the draft and potential coming through from Belleville they're not interested in anyone else, especially someone at the end of their career.

Well, you are probably right.

I was just trying to think of landing spots for Mason where he MIGHT be able to prove he is still NHL caliber with minimal pressure.

But the Sens have many issues to work out, and from their point of view, Mason doesn't solve many, if any, of them.

17 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Well, you are probably right.

I was just trying to think of landing spots for Mason where he MIGHT be able to prove he is still NHL caliber with minimal pressure.

But the Sens have many issues to work out, and from their point of view, Mason doesn't solve many, if any, of them.

Given the specific issues in Ottawa (the subject), even though Hoffman and his girlfriend are gone, Ottawa is not somewhere Mason and his wife would want to go. 

20 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Ottawa is not somewhere Mason and his wife would want to go. 

Well....you know who the goalie coach who Mason was in love with is already burning up his phone to join him in Dallas behind Bishop.

28 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well....you know who the goalie coach who Mason was in love with is already burning up his phone to join him in Dallas behind Bishop.

Yeah.  Maybe.   If I were Mason and the history with him, I would not want to go to Ottawa with the immediate history there.    On the other hand it could be a help-group type thing.

Dallas may actually not be a horrible landing spot.  Cheaper for Dallas and Mason has his shrink back.

7 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Dallas may actually not be a horrible landing spot.

Too late......looks like Mason might be headed to the KHL.....

...good thing he wasn't happy as a backup...other teams don't like him as one either it seems...

While giving one of the worst contract ever to one of the biggest cancer in a locker room (Price), instead of making -- at least -- a qualifying offer to Zach Fucale, they preferred to give Niemi an extension and then messing up with Lindrgen while they need to address their center problem along with their AHL defense. So they made a transaction to get a... goalie.

The Habs' management team members are my heroes.

4 hours ago, Villette/Lavaux said:

While giving one of the worst contract ever to one of the biggest cancer in a locker room (Price), instead of making -- at least -- a qualifying offer to Zach Fucale, they preferred to give Niemi an extension and then messing up with Lindrgen while they need to address their center problem along with their AHL defense. So they made a transaction to get a... goalie.

The Habs' management team members are my heroes.

It's funny because it's oh so true. 

Archived