Wilson with another Blindside Hit to the Head

hf101

Wilson with another Blindside Hit to the Head  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What should Tom Wilson's suspension be this time?

• Less than 10 games
    • 10 or more games

His latest victim... Blues Oskar Sundqvist.

Here's another look.

Wilson had 3 suspensions last year.  Twice against the Blues in the preseason - a 2 game suspension for a late hit on Robert Thomas and 4 games for boarding Sammy Bais and his most recent was against the Penguins in the playoffs where he broke  Zach Anton-Resse's  jaw receiving 3 games.

It's time the league throws the book at him -- 10 games.  

@hf101

I think my comment lost a bit in translation, it was meant as sarcasm. The kid has talent, lots of it, capable of being a disruptive force while at the same time putting the puck in the net and while I still like the rough stuff in the game stupid head shots like this are uncalled for. He deserves a long sit down for this one. He seems to be turning into the next Raffi Torres.

This is two years in a row that within days of me trading for him he has done this crap. I am getting fired of his schtick. Probably releasing him today in Nahana depending upon the suspension. 

Back in Wilson's draft year, he was high on my wish list for both the bruins and flames....very high, and i was irked when neither team drafted him. Now i am kinda/sorta glad they passed on him, he's just a cement head with a limited skill set.

I would classify that as a dirty hit. No purpose other than to injure that I could see. Once again I will say that his punishment if found guilty, should be to be suspended until Sunqvist is cleared to return to his team. If that is 40 games, then so be it. 

I know that I'm not supposed to have an opinion on this since the Pens have employed Matt Cooke, Darius Kaspiritus and so forth blah blah blah, but for the safety of the rest of the league, this guy needs to go for a log time.  He's just not getting it. He was suspended like three time just last year.  I mentioned Matt Cooke, this is the same type of hit that helped Dennis Savard along to his retirement. Its the pick to the head that the league DEFINITELY wants out of the game. If the league is serious, he needs to start the season with a 15 or more game suspension, because he's not getting it.  This sets the standard for him, next one goes further.

Good.

He just started a new contract for big money so he loses near 25% of his pay for the year. On a 5.16 Million dollar a year contract, that's like 1.3 million dollars down the drain.

If losing 1.3 million dollars (Which is two thirds of what he made a year for the past 2 years) does not wake him up and teach him to start throwing hipchecks instead of dirty headshots, then nothing will.

Wait, oh wow. He got a signing bonus of 5 million up front so his salary for the year is only 1.1 million dollars.

His remaining paycheck will be garnished for the rest of the year AND he has to pay out of the bulk lump sum he already got. lol. I hope he bought an expensive house with a full down payment and is stuck to bread and rice until next year.

2 minutes ago, nossagog said:

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised, 20 games. As much as we make fun of the DOPeS, they finally put the hammer down on Wilson. 

https://www.nhl.com/video/wilson-suspended-20-games/t-277440360/c-61556003

Hopefully he finally gets it in the head.

Had to add to it so I could agree with it even more.   

What sucks is the idiot can play a bit, either wing on any of the four lines in pretty much every role, he is not a star and never will be but he is very serviceable and his game is good enough to keep him in the league for a long time without this nonsense. I like hitting as much as the next guy and more than most but this stuff has no place in the game.

Like I posted somewhere he is the new Raffi Torres, a guy who can play but has a brain the size of a pea apparently.

• 1 month later...
On 9/30/2018 at 6:55 PM, hf101 said:

It's time the league throws the book at him -- 10 games.  

Reduced...

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/capitals-forward-tom-wilsons-20-game-suspension-reduced-14/

then this same guy...

https://triblive.com/sports/1796175-85/baseball-das-arbitrator-agreement-drug-grievance-management-braun-case-mlb

...what gives...

On 10/4/2018 at 11:50 AM, yave1964 said:

What sucks is the idiot can play a bit, either wing on any of the four lines in pretty much every role, he is not a star and never will be but he is very serviceable and his game is good enough to keep him in the league for a long time without this nonsense. I like hitting as much as the next guy and more than most but this stuff has no place in the game.

Like I posted somewhere he is the new Raffi Torres, a guy who can play but has a brain the size of a pea apparently.

Hear hear!

Archived