Game 21: Flyers at Sabres 11/21/18 7:30 pm

OccamsRazor

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly I saw this coming a mile away and planned on a beat down.  I flipped over to the 76ers at 1-0 and I don’t even like basketball.

Anyway I need to steel myself for attending the Black Friday beatdown the Rags are probably going to administer to us. 

seriously...WTF is up with this "team".....

Oh Yeah! We haven't had a legit goalie in YEARS and the coaching staff is utterly useless.

Too bad. I actually had some hope for this team. When your icing Giroux, Vorachek, JVR, Simmer, Konecy, Coots, Prov, Ghost, and patrick and can't buy a goal.....that is utterly unacceptable and just strange.

7 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

We used to outmuscle an outhussle the Sabres on a regular basis.  I am going to the Black Friday game against the Rags while visiting. Yikes...now I question may sanity. 

Might want to stand outside and sale those tickets and find something else to do...might have to just give them away...

6 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

Jesus H Christ don't these idiots know I was *joking* about the 42-0 score?

I don't think so.

They will start playing when they are down 40-0 with 5 minutes left in the game...

Just now, Howie58 said:

I wouldn't pin this on Lyon.  My brother is like Poulin and has switched to the Sixers.  

I wouldn't put it on Lyon either.

He has to make that last goal for sure....can't give up those type of goals.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Might want to stand outside and sale those tickets and find something else to do...might have to just give them away...

Occ:  The manic scene in Wells Fargo is worth it, even if the Flyers suck.  It is face time with my brother which isn't that frequent. But this seems to be a Rangers Flyers gig...would love to see Nashville or other.

Dear Comcast,

I spent my hard earned money, drove an hour in ****** weather to support my beloved Flyers. I SHOWED UP FOR TONIGHTS GAME! I would like to know why it was too much to ask to have our coaching staff and players do the same? This crap product on the ice is getting ridiculous. I beg you to intervene and mandate the General Manager DO SOMETHING to stop this franchise from any further embarrassment! 

I’m debating whether to leave now and drive on snowy roads back to Rochester or stay and watch the Sabres put up double digits tonight? 

Paging Joel Q, please report to the Wells Fargo Center.

2 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Dear Comcast,

I spent my hard earned money, drove an hour in ****** weather to support my beloved Flyers. I SHOWED UP FOR TONIGHTS GAME! I would like to know why it was too much to ask to have our coaching staff and players do the same? This crap product on the ice is getting ridiculous. I beg you to intervene and mandate the General Manager DO SOMETHING to stop this franchise from any further embarrassment! 

I’m debating whether to leave now and drive on snowy roads back to Rochester or stay and watch the Sabres put up double digits tonight? 

Ugh I was afraid to ask if you were there or not, and you answered my question.  If it were me I would be passing the Batavia exit on the Thruway by now. 

2 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Dear Comcast,

I would leave now got to be something at the house you have to do that is more important than watching this...like picking loose change from under the coach cushions....something anything...i can't imagine being there and still actually being there right now...

6 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Occ:  The manic scene in Wells Fargo is worth it, even if the Flyers suck.  It is face time with my brother which isn't that frequent. But this seems to be a Rangers Flyers gig...would love to see Nashville or other.

Hey they just scored....finally Sabres had been lulled to sleep...maybe one day they can be good again and they can make it an enjoyable experience for you...

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Hey they just scored....finally Sabres had been lulled to sleep...maybe one day they can be good again and they can make it an enjoyable experience for you...

Occ:  I think we are in a dark ages as a squad.  I suspect this will be years six (maybe it's seven) years without a playoff series victory. That is unimaginable. 

58 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Ugh I was afraid to ask if you were there or not, and you answered my question.  If it were me I would be passing the Batavia exit on the Thruway by now. 

I was here a couple of seasons ago when the Flyers trailed by 3 in the 3rd period and came back to win it in OT. They have actually looked better since my post during the first intermission. Key Bank crowd has been pretty quite the last 30 mins or so. 

There is no way in hell this team can wait 2 or 3 years for Hart to be a factor, everyone else is injured, horrible, unproven or all of the above. If Hextall wants to keep his job , he will have to get a real goalie, not another mediocre stiff. Bob is a UFA and wants out of Columbus , if you dont get him or someone exceptional,  then you may as well trade G, Simmonds and Voracek and go full rebuild since you will waste their last good years with pathetic goaltending. 

6 minutes ago, Samifan said:

I was here a couple of seasons ago when the Flyers trailed by 3 in the 3rd period and came back to win it in OT. They have actually looked better since my post during the first intermission. Key Bank crowd has been pretty quite the last 30 mins or so. 

Good to hear, hope they somehow pull it out for you.  I lived there for 10 years and saw a grand total of 1 win there and MANY embarrassing defeats.  It was always a house of horrors for me even going back to the 1 and only game I saw at the Aud.

They will continue to lose as long as they come out and sit back and be the passive team i have seen for a while, get behind by 3 or 4 goal and then and only do they decide to apply themselves and skate with the other team they are playing...

...rinse and repeat with them...then all the same blah blah blah when a mic is in their face...what will it take to change it???

Just like that the Flyers went from 2nd in the Metro to 2nd worst in the conference and 6th worse in the NHL.

At least they maybe get a nice draft pick and hopefully a new coaching staff.

#fingerscrossed

I wasn't going to crack the seal on the Pappy Van Winkle bourbon till tomorrow but i think i will have some tonight...

Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon

$250 bottle of bourbon in case anyone isn't familiar with it...cheers all....thanks Flyers!!!!

I have had it for a year now seems like a good time...was going to wait for my cousins but why wait...

BLOW IT UP. PLEASE. This group is MEDIOCRE. When they are at their very best. They are not fast, not big, not tenacious, not skilled enough, not physical, NO goaltending, no personality, no fire in their bellies, apparently no development coaching skills in LV, while we wait for our mid round draft picks to HOPEFULLY develop other teams are passing them by. Drafting 16th gets you this. No thanks. The next 2 drafts have franchise players. Right now the Flyers have no franchise players.

I am over Hextall and the BS patience plan.   Year 5 and we are still stuck in neutral....   Well, this year we are actually in reverse.  

It is time for a shakeup and it starts with Ron getting rid of Hak.   Then Hextall should fire himself. 

Snider has to be rolling in his grave.   At least when Ed was alive he would have been in that locker room raising hell.   

This needs to end and if that is gutting half the roster I could care less at this point.   

Ron, go **** yourself for ignoring the defense, 3c, goalie situation and signing the Jake the Space Cadet to that ludicrous contract....  

I am getting so tired of this organization....

Archived