Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

News Ticker
  • News Around the NHL
Howie58

It's Time for the Retrofit

15 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Just look at the Wild. That's what you'll get.

Seems to prefer safe, two-way players and finesse defensemen.

And Scandinavians.

The Finnesota Wild.

• Haha 2

It sounds much better than the Phinnadelphia Flyers :)

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

That wasn't a foundational shift. That was Carter and Richards partying too hard, and our organization having gone through the Pelle Lindbergh tragedy and not wanting to deal with another one. The next move, or soon thereafter, SHOULD be a move that is a foundational shift. Plus, that team was way better than this one.

I thought that these trades were more about being able to get Bryz under the cap...at least that is how they were presented at the time

Hidden Content

Give reaction or reply to this topic to see the hidden content.

7 minutes ago, brelic said:

The Finnesota Wild.

Well, they do have two Finns. And two Swedes.

And six guys from Minnesota on the roster...

That's more guys from Minnesota than Canada (5).

😎

1 minute ago, Poulin20 said:

I thought that these trades were more about being able to get Bryz under the cap...at least that is how they were presented at the time

Hidden Content

And, to think, they only have to pay Bryz until 2027...

It could be worse, though. The Islanders are paying DiPietro through 2029.

And Holmgren could have brought in Garth Snow.

🤗

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, radoran said:

😎

No wonder they're so successful. 

They're exactly what you don't want your team to be...sitting one spot OUT of the playoffs with the oldest roster in the league and the lousiest prospect pool. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, radoran said:

🤗

Snow probably said he couldn't work under that idiot. So he went for his second choice.

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

🤗

Yes, hence your classification of the  Homercoaster™

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Yes, hence your classification of the  Homercoaster™

@ruxpin (left) and I are ready!

image.png

Edited by radoran
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, radoran said:

image.png

ROFL!

18 minutes ago, radoran said:

😎

Well, Minnesota is pretty much Sweden, so we have two Finlanders and basically 8 Swedes...

They prefer to dump and chase rather than carry the puck into the zone. Unfortunately you need to have speedy forecheckers to make this strategy work, and the Wild are not fast. So more times than not they will lose possession of the puck.

They also avoid any physical contact if they can help it (last in the league with "Hits" four out of the last five seasons), preferring poke checks and positioning to disrupt on-coming offenses. Teams that get physical with the Wild tend to beat them, since at best all you'll get out of the Wild captain is the Finnish Stare of Icy Death. And some cursing at the referees, which is always helpful. There are a couple of players that try to be physical but usually end up damaging the opposing players fists with their faces.

They prefer perimeter shots to crashing the net. Generally trying for that pretty Tic-Tac-Toe goal rather than an ugly on. Which usually leads to a Tic-Tac-DOH! turnover. Again, probably a by product of staying away from opposing players to avoid any physical contact.

They have a decent goaltender, arguably a top ten goaltender. Current thinking is that the Wild lack a quality backup, forcing the Wild to play the starter probably more than they should, which leads to him wearing down by the time the Playoffs roll around. This is not necessarily a fact, more conjecture.

The Wild are a good team, but not a great team...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, radoran said:

🤗

Fletcher will be paying Parise and Suter until the Rapture...

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

The Wild are a good team, but not a great team...

I've got Dubnyk as my primary goalie on the Fantasy Squad and Koivu to help me compete for faceoffs.

Then also Rantanen, Laine, Aho, Teruvainen, Ristolainen, and Koskinen.

Basically, I've had an unhealthy obsession with Finnish hockey ever since the last game of the 1980 Olympics.

1 minute ago, IllaZilla said:

Fletcher will be paying Parise and Suter until the Rapture...

More accurately, Leipold will be paying them. And from what I can tell he was the driving force behind the signings in the first place.

Probably why Holmgren liked ol' Fletch as a GM choice - he knew he'd do what he was told.

I've got Dubnyk as my primary goalie on the Fantasy Squad and Koivu to help me compete for faceoffs.

Then also Rantanen, Laine, Aho, Teruvainen, Ristolainen, and Koskinen.

Basically, I've had an unhealthy obsession with Finnish hockey ever since the last game of the 1980 Olympics.

Geez, you're pretty much an honorary Finnlander...you'd fit right in with us Min-a-SO-tns...

33 minutes ago, radoran said:

image.png

LMAO! What you and rux do a thousand leagues under the sea, is your business.

• Haha 2

More accurately, Leipold will be paying them. And from what I can tell he was the driving force behind the signings in the first place.

Probably why Holmgren liked ol' Fletch as a GM choice - he knew he'd do what he was told.

Well, yes.

But either way the team will still be paying those two after Parise's kid graduates from college and starts his NHL career...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, IllaZilla said:

you'd fit right in with us Min-a-SO-tns...

Yah. Sure.

Yabetcha.

👺

7 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Since 13/14 this group has earned 94,84,96,88,98 points during the regular season, that's an 92.2 points per season average which is "bubble playoff team". 

It's basically their off year.

Since 2011-12 the last year they got past the first round it's been miss the playoff every other year and this year is their miss year...which is good news they will be back in next year...rinse and repeat with this group it won't be any different until they decide to change it...as has been said they have fired coaches and GMs and still the walking skating dead come out every night.

Can coach Quenneville really changes this group?? I will believe it when it happens.

16 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It's basically their off year.

Since 2011-12 the last year they got past the first round it's been miss the playoff every other year and this year is their miss year...which is good news they will be back in next year...rinse and repeat with this group it won't be any different until they decide to change it...as has been said they have fired coaches and GMs and still the walking skating dead come out every night.

Can coach Quenneville really changes this group?? I will believe it when it happens.

If he indeed comes here, he will have some input on personnel decisions. No doubt. Things will change.

8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

If he indeed comes here, he will have some input on personnel decisions. No doubt. Things will change.

Good hopefully he looks at Mcdud and Weise and says "Get those bum tha f**k off my team...."

Then he will have already won me over.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, radoran said:

It's clear that the firings of coach and GM didn't have the desired "shake up" effect - and from where I sit may have had the opposite effect of dumping more pressure on the team.

The Murican way!!!!

Doctrine.jpg?1420846562

Lose for Hughes Kakko!

:beer:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, radoran said:

2 hours ago, FD19372 said:

LMAO! What you and rux do a thousand leagues under the sea, is your business.

So long as I come out on top. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The Murican way!!!!

Hidden Content

Lose for Hughes Kakko!

:beer:

Cuckoo for Kakko. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

6 hours ago, vis said:

I'd also try to find some leadership help for Giroux.

I wouldn't blow up the team to blow it up.  But, I am definitely looking to trade the UFAs, Voracek and probably Ghost (because I still think you could get a decent return for him).

we are of like mind regarding Ghost. I like him. I think he is also maybe the best piece we have as far as getting a quality player, one that can help the team immediately in returm.

• Like 2