Has Hart hit a wall?

Samifan

Pulled in consecutive games after giving up 3 goals in the first 10 mins of each game. Has playing behind this **** team finally caught up with him? Is the pressure of trying to lead this team into a playoff spot taking its toll?

Just now, Samifan said:

Pulled in consecutive games after giving up 3 goals in the first 10 mins of each game. Has playing behind this **** team finally caught up with him? Is the pressure of trying to lead this team into a playoff spot taking its toll?

He's tired. Start Talbot against Pittsburgh. Not what they'll do for "not hurting his feelings" reasons but they should.

6 minutes ago, Samifan said:

No. He hit an Elliott in the dressing room.  Hopefully Elliott will be traded at the deadline. 

14 minutes ago, Samifan said:

He is STILL a young goaltender...playing behind a sub par team.

That winning streak the Flyers had never changed that.
Philly played well, due in large part to Hart and a working PP, but reality was going to set in at some point.

Honestly, Hart shouldn't HAVE to shoulder the load of an overmatched team that is still in need of some more tearing down. I don't know that there ever was "pressure" on him to make the playoffs...only to do well at the NHL level.

Now...give Hart a promising young up n coming team in front of him with a decent defense, THEN put pressure on him to win.
He should be in, at best, a timeshare with a veteran goalie...whether that is Elliot or Talbot, doesn't matter....but Hart should NOT be held accountable (not completely anyways) for any half arsed play of this team right now...not till Philly makes some real improvements all around.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

He is STILL a young goaltender...playing behind a sub par team.

That winning streak the Flyers had never changed that.
Philly played well, due in large part to Hart and a working PP, but reality was going to set in at some point.

Honestly, Hart shouldn't HAVE to shoulder the load of an overmatched team that is still in need of some more tearing down. I don't know that there ever was "pressure" on him to make the playoffs...only to do well at the NHL level.

Now...give Hart a promising young up n coming team in front of him with a decent defense, THEN put pressure on him to win.
He should be in, at best, a timeshare with a veteran goalie...whether that is Elliot or Talbot, doesn't matter....but Hart should NOT be held accountable (not completely anyways) for any half arsed play of this team right now...not till Philly makes some real improvements all around.

I think he's mentally and physically tired. The NHL season is a LONG HAUL. That's all I think it is.

Just now, FD19372 said:

I think he's mentally and physically tired. The NHL season is a LONG HAUL. That's all I think it is.

Which is why, like I said, he should not be in anything more than a timeshare in goal...MAYBE taking the lead game when the Flyers really wanna push for a win.

But if you ask me, playing behind a sub par team WILL get you mentally and physically tired.
Goalies playing behind a good team can play every night and feel rejuvenated every time out.
Ask Vasilevskiy.

At this stage, I place NO blame on Carter Hart.

His team hasn't helped him at all, but I do think there is merit to the idea that he's getting a little tired - mentally and physically.  He hasn't looked as sharp or controlled as he did when he first came up.  The faint flicker of playoff hope is all but gone.  They should lighten his load after the Pens game.

32 minutes ago, vis said:

His team hasn't helped him at all, but I do think there is merit to the idea that he's getting a little tired - mentally and physically.  He hasn't looked as sharp or controlled as he did when he first came up.  The faint flicker of playoff hope is all but gone.  They should lighten his load after the Pens game.

Yes. Even in some recent games he's won, he wasn't quite the same.  I think he IS worn down in the ways you said. They do need to reduce the workload and let him get his head (and legs) back. 

42 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Yes. Even in some recent games he's won, he wasn't quite the same.  I think he IS worn down in the ways you said. They do need to reduce the workload and let him get his head (and legs) back. 

Yep, I think he deserves to start against the Pens but they should really measure out his starts after that.

2 hours ago, vis said:

Yes they Keystone Kops he has as his defensemen are hard to watch. When Gudas gets back i would sit Mcdud finally.

Ivan 21:21

Ghost 22:37

Myers 20:38

Were your top 3 ice eaters last night go with those three.Ghost and Myers seem to be a solid pair.

SO maybe the best thing you can do is help Travis out because he is not ready to see the level of competition that Ivan is seeing his has struggled now for a few weeks. He needs to be reunited with Gudas. I would roll with this till maybe Morin can ever get healthy.

Provorov/Hagg

Sanheim/Gudas

Ghost/Myers

Let farmer make popcorn. It is a start.

59 minutes ago, vis said:

Yep, I think he deserves to start against the Pens but they should really measure out his starts after that.

Yeah after he gets destroyed saturday it is time to rest him up it won't matter now they have lost their chance for the playoffs just trade off whom ever you can for a decent return and try and finish the year on a positive note is all they got.

So yes please let's sit Mcdud for good this year....give whoever is in net a maybe a little more competent defense...Mcdud has had years to prove his worth and he hasn't....Gordon needs to man up and sit his boy for the love of God.

16 minutes ago, Digityman said:

I feel like he's had his chance to prove his worth.  

Clearly his is bust and should be labeled as such.

TRADE HIM TO COLUMBUS NOW!  HIS VALUE WILL NEVER BE HIGHER! 

(and don't forget to sign Talbot for 9 years /$9M)

18 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

shoulda traded him 3 weeks ago. we'll have to throw in a second round pick now to get anyone to take him off our hands. 

And Frost or Farabee....or maybe even both.

What bum...

Archived