Wild vs. Lightning 3/7/19 @ 6:30PM CST at Amalie Arena

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Ok, LaPanta...NOW you can call a knock out punch....

GG Wild.
Hope you can do to the lowly Panthers what you did to the lofty Lightning tonight.

ZOOK with the Hatty!

Only their 6th loss all season at home

But, how many times have they been shut OUT at home this year?!?!?!?!

Just now, Megawild said:

Only their 6th loss all season at home

But, how many times have they been shut OUT at home this year?!?!?!?!

I'd have to look it up, but not many at all.

I was thinking the same thing in fact.
Not only do the Wild come in and beat the Lightning, but shut them out....IN Tampa Bay...that just isn't done.

Yet here we are.

2 minutes ago, Lonkkis said:

The hell is going on? Waking up for morningshift and I see Wild leading the Bolts with 3-0 🤔

I'd call it "Bizarro World", but fact is, Minnesota earned this win.

Played smart, played within themselves (and even a bit OUTSIDE of themselves), and took advantage of opportunities presented to them, meanwhile Dubnyk played like he did when the Wild were reeling off wins one after another in season's past.

Zucker was boss tonight...but he couldn't have done it without Donato.

Zucker hat trick & Dubnyk shutout shut down Lightning in 3-0 road win

This has to have been one of the Wild's best games this season. We were seeing great things from just about everyone tonight, and Dubnyk looked like the Dubnyk of old. Greenway played big tonight. Eriksson Ek played like a first rounder should. Donato is well Donato (love him). 

17 minutes ago, Lonkkis said:

The hell is going on? Waking up for morningshift and I see Wild leading the Bolts with 3-0 🤔

I could think of worse things to wake up to.  :IDunnoSmiley:

Just now, sweetshot said:

Greenway was unbelievable tonight. I think he won every puck battle he had and it was a ton of them!

I'd give a game puck to EEK before Greenway in this game though.

EEK was simply EVERYWHERE tonight and he seemed to be at the heart of most scoring chances and defensive plays the Wild had tonight.

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Absolutely.
Such as "Hf.net domain name available for sale"  :ph34r:

I paid for that in December... we're all good.  :VeryCool:

6 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I'd give a game puck to EEK before Greenway in this game though.

EEK was simply EVERYWHERE tonight and he seemed to be at the heart of most scoring chances and defensive plays the Wild had tonight.

And what was up with Brodin tonight? He actually was behind the goal line in the offensive zone a couple of times. That was as aggressive as I've seen him play offensively. I haven't seen many games lately--has he been playing like this for a while?

EEK played one of his best games as well

3 minutes ago, sweetshot said:

And what was up with Brodin tonight? He actually was behind the goal line in the offensive zone a couple of times. That was as aggressive as I've seen him play offensively. I haven't seen many games lately--has he been playing like this for a while?

EEK played one of his best games as well

No, Brodin definitely drank whatever the Lightning had in the water... lol.

I mean, Brodin has always been solid n steady, but yea, tonight, he put on his offensive minded hat.
Someone should slap him and make him realize he needs to play like that ALL the time...instead of being such a standard snoozer of a player!

2 hours ago, MNSOTA said:

Zucker hat trick & Dubnyk shutout shut down Lightning in 3-0 road win

This has to have been one of the Wild's best games this season. We were seeing great things from just about everyone tonight, and Dubnyk looked like the Dubnyk of old. Greenway played big tonight. Eriksson Ek played like a first rounder should. Donato is well Donato (love him). 

Thanks MNSOTA, One of the best games of the season - it should be marked as a best classic game on the road for the Wild history to shut down Lightning (the most powerful scoring team of the NHL) on their home ice in 2018-2019 season. The whole team as well as our heroes Zucker(hat trick) and Dubnyk(shutout) made a history for the Wild organization. 

Regarding Donato I would like to say a special words - love him a lot too ; practically he became a team's catalyst; boosted a team's speed and energy as soon as he became a Wild player. 9 points(2 goals;7 assists) in 8 games means a lot. And probably, he will enter into the Wild history as the most valuable important player of the 2018-2019 season.

Anyone have any word on Luke Kunin?
Everything I seem to find is not really updated since he left the ice last night.

Lots of video on the booming hit laid on him by TB's Cedric Paquette.
Paq's hit looked clean...… but like I said very early in this thread...he hits, and hits hard.

Looked body to body, arms clashed....but Kunin looked completely unaware of Paquette, and that is what I believe caused the distress. Big difference when one can brace themselves for a shock and when one doesn't.

I certainly hope Kunin is alright....guy looked like a boxer who had been knocked down, was out of it, but tried getting back up flopping all over the place. Kinda scary to see actually.

Without Kunin, it leaves a gap in the 2C position for Minnesota.
I wonder how they remedy that if Kunin is out for any extended time.

Move EEK up?
I rather like EEK where he is as 3rd line center with wingers Greenway and Aberg.

Also wondering if the Wild have an answer in Iowa they could call up.

But first things first....Luke Kunin's status.

1 hour ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Anyone have any word on Luke Kunin?
Everything I seem to find is not really updated since he left the ice last night.

But first things first....Luke Kunin's status.

It is hard to say about more details. Not much known yet. LIG was saying today about a Luke's concussion in his pre-game article.   Bruce Boudreau in a post-game interview in Tampa, as well as cbssports.com were talking  16 hours ago about the upper-body injury:

"Luke Kunin left Thursday's 3-0 win over Tampa Bay after suffering an upper-body injury.

The severity of Kunin's injury has yet to be determined, but it's hard to imagine a scenario in which he'd be able to recover in time for Friday's matchup with Florida. For now, it's safe to assume the 21-year-old pivot will miss at least one contest due to his upper-body issue, but a more clear-cut timetable for his recovery should be established in the coming days".

Archived