Breaking: Sanheim extended 2 more years

pilldoc

20 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

There is nothing to remember about Bailey. I wouldn't even tender him. Let him walk. 

I'm sure he'll get an offer from Bankers Life & Casualty. 

Yeah i am good with that because i want NAK to get a shot.

Cause Ol' frenchy is feisty and the Flyers need some of that...here he is taking on the much bigger guy...

Time to see if he can help in the bottom 6...if not than well it's time to cut bait...

• Good Post 1

10 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Please. I really don't get what either of you or anyone else sees in Hartman. I'd trade him for a Klondike Bar. 

A melted, moldy one. 

Again my sarcasm is lost...apparently i suck at it

Im not a Hartman fan. I could care less about him

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Not really it's a prove it deal.

They couldn't agree on a longer term.

So they found a short one they agreed on.

I'm fine we'll worry about it in 2 years.

Worrying about it in 2 years is what Homer was bad at and Hextall was good at.  

Worrying about it in 2 years is the strategic component I find enjoyable... like a puzzle, or a house of cards ;)

Seattle is almost certainly taking one of our Dmen.  With Hayes and G both in NMC’s, there’s no world in which Fletcher protects 4 D-Men. 

having to resign Sanheim might be a slight deterrent to them,  but I think the chances are good they take Ghost (if he’s still a Flyer then) as Provo, Sanheim and Myers will get protected.  

8 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Worrying about it in 2 years is what Homer was bad at and Hextall was good at.  

Worrying about it in 2 years is the strategic component I find enjoyable... like a puzzle, or a house of cards ;)

Seattle is almost certainly taking one of our Dmen.  With Hayes and G both in NMC’s, there’s no world in which Fletcher protects 4 D-Men. 

having to resign Sanheim might be a slight deterrent to them,  but I think the chances are good they take Ghost (if he’s still a Flyer then) as Provo, Sanheim and Myers will get protected.  

Agreed. That's why they really need to move ghost before then unfortunately. Get something back instead of losing him for nothing

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

It will put you in the ground quick too.

Life is to short to waste much time on that type stuff.

Especially when you can't control it.

Worrying is a relative term. 

Some people fish.  Some people drink.  

Some people do crossword puzzles or Sudoku.  I like figuring out rosters and salary caps. 

I also like to drink, but it’s not exactly a hobby unto itself these days.   It just makes the other hobbies a little nicer. 

24 minutes ago, ctid said:

Agreed. That's why they really need to move ghost before then unfortunately. Get something back instead of losing him for nothing

2 years to make that move. Let’s see what am we can do with him. Moving him just to avoid losing him essentially means moving him for picks as anything else you’d get,  the chances are good you’d have to expose him too. 

2 hours ago, elmatus said:

Sanheim for two years is fine. Give him some fire to keep growing. 

Fletch has done plenty of head scratchers without us having to go on a witch hunt over what he eats for breakfast. 

I don't care WHAT he eats, but if he eats it in Toronto or Tampa, I want to know about it. 

26 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I like to fish AND drink that way if I don't catch a fish I can always catch a buzz...

I like to drink with the fish...

They are good listeners and never remember a damn thing you said

16 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I like to drink with the fish...

They are good listeners and never remember a damn thing you said

It's a wonder you have time for fishing, never mind drinking with the fish, given your extensive time commitment to pushing old ladies in wheel chairs down escalators!

Edited by Podein25

On 6/25/2019 at 3:35 PM, OccamsRazor said:

I thought you were going to say Flex Seal...

Good stuff. I used it on a part of my foundation that was sweating (even after it was sealed) and there's been nothing since and my baseboards have thanked me everyday.....

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 8:36 AM, CoachX said:

Again my sarcasm is lost...apparently i suck at it

Im not a Hartman fan. I could care less about him

Whoops, sorry about that. 

Agreed. Carry on. 

Wow Leafs gave Cocy Ceici 4.5 mill...

...what a steal Sanheim is then at 3.75 mill the next two years.

I know the Leafs are desperate but sheesh don't they want a guy who can at least play a little defense?

A nice forward group with a collection strange pieces on defense...see Flyer fans it could always be worse...

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow Leafs gave Cocy Ceici 4.5 mill...

...what a steal Sanheim is then at 3.75 mill the next two years.

I know the Leafs are desperate but sheesh don't they want a guy who can at least play a little defense?

A nice forward group with a collection strange pieces on defense...see Flyer fans it could always be worse...

Are you implying  Fletcher made a good decision?

REPORTED!

I wonder if Sanheim plays in the top 4 this year or do they try and make a dynamic duo with him and Myers to help find a nice rotation.

Hey first question of the day over a cup of coffee...tired of kicking the dead horse on the other threads...try a new horse today...

Provorov - Niskanen

Gostisbehere - Braun

Sanheim - Myers 

Morin - Hagg

This could help ease the minutes on the top four and help the bottom pair take advantage of some of the match ups.

Not sure if this is what AV would have in mind to help get Ghost going again. Or would it help to get him in the bottom pair.

Depends on the power play pairs too i guess. The pairs on the PK could affect it too.

Staying out the box will pay dividends this year. It certainly needs to priority to improve the 23rd ranked PP.

The PK needs some good coaching too. 26th has to be improved....i guess it is why AV has assembled his coaching staff like he did they will have their hands full. A good year from some steady goaltending goes a long ways in all this.

Some good luck in the injury department too is welcome. Anyways off to work.