Fletcher not worried

CoachX

“You look around the league and it seems to be a common theme with a lot of RFAs,” Fletcher said Monday. “There just seems to be dialogue, but not a lot of deals getting done. I think as we get closer to camp, obviously the urgency on both sides will pick up.”

- Chuck Fletcher

Edited by CoachX

16 minutes ago, CoachX said:

“You look around the league and it seems to be a common theme with a lot of RFAs,” Fletcher said Monday. “There just seems to be dialogue, but not a lot of deals getting done. I think as we get closer to camp, obviously the urgency on both sides will pick up.”

- Chuck Fletcher

yeah ? Well, he's a dumbass and I'm sure he's lying just  like that good for nothing Hayes.

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

See, all is good. He isnt worried and feels that TK and Provo will be signed

Thats a quality GM right there

See i knew it........nothing but rainbows and unicorns...

Set of 12 Folded  Notecards, 4.25x5.5

Edited by OccamsRazor

Story on philly.com today has Fletcher saying Hart wont be the starter unless he beats oit Elliott 

If this is true it means ine of two things....

Hart sux or Fletcher is the idiot many of you claim he is 

22 hours ago, CoachX said:

Story on philly.com today has Fletcher saying Hart wont be the starter unless he beats oit Elliott 

Sure, except it really shouldn't be hard to beat out Elliott. 

That said, I do expect we'll see them splitting time. And when Hart falters during the season -- which he obviously will given he's barely an adult yet and entering his first full NHL season -- I imagine Elliott will get a number of starts until he picks up again.

Some folks will hate it when it happens, but it's almost certainly going to happen. He's too young and inexperienced to not falter at some point this season.

Edited by elmatus
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, elmatus said:

Sure, except it really shouldn't be hard to beat out Elliott. 

That said, I do expect we'll see them splitting time. And when Hart falters during the season -- which he obviously will given he's barely an adult yet and entering his first full NHL season -- I imagine Elliott will get a number of starts until he picks up again.

Some folks will hate it when it happens, but it's almost certainly going to happen. He's too young and inexperienced to not falter at some point this season.

Well judging by AV's he likes to play his starter no more than 65 games Henrik I think played that many once.

Even the year the Canucks went to the Stanley with him Lungo only played 60 games that season.

So 55-65 games tops is what I would like to see Hart get.

They have 17 back to backs this year so Elliott is going 15-20 games easily I think.

And even the odd start here and there for Hart would be expected when Hart shows signs he needs rest.

I think they are in good hands.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:38 PM, LegionOfDoom said:

“You look around the league and it seems to be a common theme with a lot of people breathing in oxygen and breathing out carbon dioxide"

If we score more goals than the other team we are bound to win some games.

• Like 2

On 8/29/2019 at 1:40 PM, CoachX said:

Can Hart get a Minnesota birth certificate anywhere?

What are the odds we go through NINE goalies this year before they hand the reins over the Hart? Then they promote Fletcher to president and he hires Louie Anderson as his replacement. Or someone from the Replacements.

Edited by flyercanuck

36 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

What are the odds we go through NINE goalies this year before they hand the reins over the Hart? Then they promote Fletcher to president and he hires Louie Anderson as his replacement. Or someone from the Replacements.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Like Tommy Stinson? Is he available to GM?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Given how they stand with regards to the cap, the pressure will fall more on the Flyers to get both signings done as the season approaches. Besides the optics, the cap hits for Provorov/Konecny will increase once the season starts (though they will decrease in future years). An extreme example is William Nylander's contract https://www.capfriendly.com/players/william-nylander, as he waited until the December 1 deadline to sign. If one or both don't sign by season start, the longer it goes, the harder they get to fit.