Game 40: Flyers at Kings; 12/31/19 @ 9 PM

Howie58

Greetings:

We leave the decade as a mild favorite:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nhl-game/flyers-kings-score-odds-december-31-2019/72715

The big question might be which Flyers team shows: The disciplined, hard-working bunch with superb goaltending that we saw last night against Anaheim, or the spineless, disorganized bunch with marginal goaltending we saw against San Jose?  

Best,

Howie

Edited by Howie58

2 hours ago, Digityman said:

The real question is if nobody stays up to watch them, does it really matter?

I hope they can pull this one off.  

I only made it through two periods against San Jose given the later start and play. The Anaheim game against Anaheim was earlier and actually worth watching. Starts past 9 are a bit hard to take knowing they'll go past midnight.

• Like 1

PROJECTED STARTING LINEUPS (subject to change, will be updated)

FLYERS

28 Claude Giroux - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jakub Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk - 13 Kevin Hayes - 11 Travis Konecny
21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
49 Joel Farabee - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 18 Tyler Pitlick

9 Ivan Provorov - 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim - 61 Justin Braun
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 8 Robert Hägg

37 Brian Elliott / 79 Carter Hart

Power Play 1: Giroux, Couturier, JVR, Konecny, Provorov.
Power Play 2: Farabee, Hayes, Voracek, Gostisbehere, Niskanen.

Scratches: 5 Phil Myers (healthy), 44 Chris Stewart (healthy), 10 Andy Andreoff (in lineup if Laughton isn't ready to play, sent to AHL if Laughton is activated)
IR: Scott Laughton (groin)
LTIR: 55 Sam Morin (torn ACL, out for season), 23 Oskar Lindblom (Ewing sarcoma, out for season), 19 Nolan Patrick (migraines)

KINGS

19 Alex Iafallo - 11 Anze Kopitar - 73 Tyler Toffoli
29 Martin Frk - 77 Jeff Carter - 74 Nikolai Prokhorkin
9 Adrian Kempe - 46 Blake Lizotte - 51 Austin Wagner
13 Kyle Clifford - 10 Michael Amadio - 64 Matt Luff

6 Joakim Ryan - 8 Drew Doughty
56 Kurtis MacDermid - 26 Sean Walker
15 Ben Hutton - 3 Matt Roy

32 Jonathan Quick / 36 Jack Campbell

Power Play 1: Kempe, Kopitar, Toffoli, Iafallo, Doughty.
Power Play 2: Frk, Carter, Lizotte, Amadio, Walker.

Scratches: 34 Kale Clague (healthy), 23 Dustin Brown (illness)
IR: 24 Derek Forbort (back), 27 Alec Martinez (right wrist laceration)

9:00 puck drop... !!!!

46 minutes ago, intheslot said:

21 Scott Laughton - 12 Michael Raffl - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

This should be the lunch pail line. Should be very hard to play against. Very interested in watching these 3 grind on the other team.

Unfortunately i will be headed out for a new year's day party about the time the puck drops. I sure hope they can beat Flyer West.

These time zone issues make me happy I live in the southwest. I rarely have to stay up late for a game. I usually end up going to bed because they are playing sucky.

Heres to a lack of sleep for me 🍻

Happy New Year

41 minutes ago, CoachX said:

These time zone issues make me happy I live in the southwest. I rarely have to stay up late for a game. I usually end up going to bed because they are playing sucky.

Heres to a lack of sleep for me 🍻

Happy New Year

Wow just realize that. New Mexico...wut?? Did you break down there??

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow just realize that. New Mexico...wut?? Did you break down there??

I was headed to Pismo beach and forgot to turn left at Albuquerque....the rest is history

93dd84b4d377910881e56fc5a44e18ea.jpg

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Good Post 1

46 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Well, 3-0 halfway through the first. My question wasn't too far off. The wrong team has shown up. Yikes!

im hearing get rid of the coach on other forums, i mean av is not going anywhere, i think organization know what the problem is, if you keep changing coaches every 2 years and nothing has changed, you know it's the core bringing in another coach wont change it.

4 minutes ago, tucson83 said:

im hearing get rid of the coach on other forums, i mean av is not going anywhere, i think organization know what the problem is, if you keep changing coaches every 2 years and nothing has changed, you know it's the core bringing in another coach wont change it.

I have nothing against AV. I am simply amazed at the Jekyll-Hyde team I follow. 

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

I have nothing against AV. I am simply amazed at the Jekyll-Hyde team I follow. 

I know getting blasted by the Sharks and Kings the two worst teams in the West. Wow.

Who has an answer to why this keeps happening?

Why? Anyone?

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I know getting blasted by the Sharks and Kings the two worst teams in the West. Wow.

Who has an answer to why this keeps happening?

Why? Anyone?

i think we have to be realistic about these young players on the blueline, are they really that good? if they were that good, would this team be playing this bad? i mean if you look at blues blueline they have alot of experience and so does boston, they dont have a ton of rookies on that squad which is why they are winning more.

you look at nashville, it's the same issue after they got rid of subban, they regressed because they are relying on the youth. if there's something that fletch has to improve in the offseason and maybe at the trade deadline is improve the d core.

The issue is a team that drafts in the mid teens every year and remains mediocre for a decade. Not enough talent, lack of leadership, and an obvious disjointed management group. But a great mascot and the best anthem singer in pro sports. Happy New Year everybody.

• Like 3

Some truth about lack of top picks  Patrick's situation doesn't help.  The home 

-away split may mean youth needs seasoning. Happy New Year to vets and newbies on the board. Let's hope the new decade brings good health and a Cup!!!!!👍😃

By reading this you'd think the flyers weren't in a wild card spot, exactly where everyone thought they'd be.   Plus not having Patrick all year, **** ton of injuries.... Playing, what...6 rookies?   A starting goalie who hasn't played a full year in the league?  A backup who is actually playing better than we thought.  

Come on guys, turds will be laid.  West coast over the holidays?  I wasn't expecting much.  Let's see what happens in January and then we can prepare the pitchforks.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Digityman said:

By reading this you'd think the flyers weren't in a wild card spot, exactly where everyone thought they'd be.   Plus not having Patrick all year, **** ton of injuries.... Playing, what...6 rookies?   A starting goalie who hasn't played a full year in the league?  A backup who is actually playing better than we thought.

Flyer fans. 

Come on guys, turds will be laid.  West coast over the holidays?  I wasn't expecting much.

We do tend to suck on this trip don't we?

Let's see what happens in January and then we can prepare the pitchforks.  

Oh the pitchforks are ready. Tar...feathers...elderberries.

• Like 1