You are a guest user Click to join the site

Ducks Hockey Forum Coyotes Hockey Forum Bruins Hockey Forum Sabres Hockey Forum Flames Hockey Forum Hurricanes Hockey Forum Blackhawks Hockey Forum Avalanche Hockey Forum Blue Jackets Hockey Forum Stars Hockey Forum Red Wings Jackets Hockey Forum Oilers Hockey Forum Panthers Hockey Forum Kings Hockey Forum Wild Hockey Forum Canadiens Hockey Forum Predators Hockey Forum Devils Hockey Forum Islanders Hockey Forum Rangers Hockey Forum Senators Hockey Forum Flyers Hockey Forum Penguins Hockey Forum Sharks Hockey Forum Blues Hockey Forum Kraken Hockey Forum Lightning Hockey Forum Maple Leafs Hockey Forum Canucks Hockey Forum Golden Knights Hockey Forum Capitals Hockey Forum Jets Hockey Forum

Poulin20

RECAP of 10 year Zoom reunion of Flyers 2010 SCF players

@Poulin20

Thanks for the write up. 

2010 was such a fun playoff season. I remember that Bruins series thinking damn I can't believe they haven't won a game yet.  These games are so close. 

My Daughter was 5 and had a Flyers sweater I would ask her to wear it on game days that season and the team was 10-1 when she wore it. One of the loses though was to Boston. I wasn't able to talk her into wearing her "Flyin'" shirt on the day of game 6 . The word intransigent is on our family crest...I'm sure that's why Kane scored, didn't matter what Kimmo said.

That was some fun nostalgia, thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@Poulin20

Thanks for the write up. 

2010 was such a fun playoff season. I remember that Bruins series thinking damn I can't believe they haven't won a game yet.  These games are so close. 

My Daughter was 5 and had a Flyers sweater I would ask her to wear it on game days that season and the team was 10-1 when she wore it. One of the loses though was to Boston. I wasn't able to talk her into wearing her "Flyin'" shirt on the day of game 6 . The word intransigent is on our family crest...I'm sure that's why Kane scored, didn't matter what Kimmo said.

Now that she is 15 you can explain to her that she is the cause of our suffering 10 years later.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Poulin20 said:

Now that she is 15 you can explain to her that she is the cause of our suffering 10 years later.  

BTW speaking of kids,  during the discussion we got to meet the newly minted Gavin Giroux.  Also my firstborn was 4 months old during the Flyers Bruins game 7 and my wife and I decided we would go down to the city and enjoy game 7 with the people.  We couldn't get a baby sitter so we took my son in the car seat carrier into Chickies and Pete South Philly for the game.  He slept most of the time and was unfazed by the bedlam that ensued when the clock went to 0:00!

• Like 2

@Poulin20,

Awesome write up as usual!  Thanks.

Game 7 of the Bruins series I was supposed to meet some friends for beers.  I told them I would be late because of the game.  The Flyers were down 3-0 and my buddy texted me and told me their season was over and time quit watching and head to the bar.  I remember telling him I had a good feeling and would never forgive myself if I stopped watching and the Flyers came back to win.  So I chose to stay at home and watch the rest of the game.  Boy did I choose right!  When Gagne scored the winning goal I was jumping up and down screaming at the top of my lungs.  All of a sudden, I got light headed and started seeing stars!  I was on the verge of passing out from not breathing and fell back in into the recliner!  LOL

After the game ended I met my friends still wearing all my Flyers swag!  That was a good night!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

The Flyers were down 3-0 and my buddy texted me and told me their season was over and time quit watching and head to the bar.  

You failed to educate your buddy about the first rule of hockey (ok, second rule, the first is take the shortest route to the puck and arrive in ill humor), which is that 3-0 is the worst lead in hockey, especially early in the game.

I recently watched that game on TSN. Michael Fukcing Leighton

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Podein25 said:

I recently watched that game on TSN. Michael Fukcing Leighton

They twisted themselves into a pretzel not to criticize him!  I loved the story of Lavvy telling him in the Bruins game 7 time out to Stop the %*%#ing puck!

• Like 1

Greetings:

I think of the '08 and'10 runs as flukes.  Yes, they were great.  But neither run reflected a long-term base of players that kept us elite for at least a few years.  I hope things have changed but guess it will be some time to find out.  Meanwhile--it has been a frustrating decade.  

This is another reminder of how time flies.  Last night I watched the last episode of "Band of Brothers" to celebrate VE Day and the Greatest Generation (my dad was part of that gig).  It was hard for me to believe that series was done in 2001.  Yeah....that means we are just shy of the 20th anniversary of 9-11.  Yikes.

On 5/7/2020 at 8:41 AM, mojo1917 said:

@Poulin20

Thanks for the write up. 

@Poulin20

Man this was one if the best postseason i remember watching.

Maybe not the best Flyer team ever but for myself this was my favorite Cup run.

My daughter didn't arrive till the following year's playoffs. May 3rd 2011...she just turned 9 last sunday. My how time flies.

I will never forget where i was for the Bruins come back.... on vacation in Hilton Head, South Carolina...

...came back home from it to find my house was over 100 degrees because my A/C died and had to be replaced.

But man to win in OT to get into the playoffs was just amazing to start the run.

I had my Flyer gear on down at Hilton Head and everywhere i went someone somewhere was yelling "Go Flyers!!!!" just amazed how many fans were down south here.

I was at Aunt Enchiladas...if you're ever down there check it out some great food...

image.jpeg.9821f30d942a04c9735fbfe901affc51.jpeg

...watching the game and we were done eating and my wife wanted to go back to our room to finish the game and i told here no i could miss the come back and she just shook here head and looked at me....

...and well i sat there had another beer and watched Gagne become part of Flyer history...

...man i was so excited coming back home...till i walked into the house and found i would need to spend 5000 gand on a new A/C.

Will never forget that run. And f**k Patrick Kane!!!