Round 1: Flyers vs Canadiens Thread

pilldoc

With 5 OTs last night and another already today, that's a full extra game played on that ice with Isles vs Caps still to go today.

That's a lot of action on that ice in Toronto in a short period of time. Ice is gonna be as soft as @CoachX's brain by the time the puck drops on the Flyers game. 

• Haha 1
  • Uggh... 1

11 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

With 5 OTs last night and another already today, that's a full extra game played on that ice with Isles vs Caps still to go today.

That's a lot of action on that ice in Toronto in a short period of time. Ice is gonna be as soft as @CoachX's brain by the time the puck drops on the Flyers game. 

In case anyone forgot...

...unleash Provocop!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Podein25 said:

Game Day!

What's everybody drinking? 

I'm heading with Podein25 Jr. to the newly opened tap room of local craft beer geniuses Kilter Brewing to sample one of these bad boys:

"Secret Promise" Double IPA

I wish I could even get pain old Yuengling out here in SoCal!

Flyers in 6. Price will steal a few. I expect a dirty, knarley, knock down series with multiple OTs. I also think Giroux is due. He's gonna GO OFF!! Great chance for Carter Hart to grow and evolve as a goalie. If he can beat his boyhood idol, he will realize he can beat anyone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Flyers in 6. Price will steal a few. I expect a dirty, knarley, knock down series with multiple OTs. I also think Giroux is due. He's gonna GO OFF!! Great chance for Carter Hart to grow and evolve as a goalie. If he can beat his boyhood idol, he will realize he can beat anyone.

I can't believe I didn't know about the Price as boyhood idol thing. Are their games the same? I assume so, right. The calm. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Podein25 said:

I can't believe I didn't know about the Price as boyhood idol thing. Are their games the same? I assume so, right. The calm. 

All you had to do is ask me. I know everything. About everything.

Don't be afraid to ask. I woke poke fun at you like @CoachX would.

I'm your southern friend....

:LiesSign:

T.T.B.

• Like 1

My enthusiasm for this team has made me feel like I've time warped back to the 80's. I remember waiting the entire day with anticipation for that night's playoff game. I just wish I was back on the east coast to really enjoy this. It's no longer Kerr, Tocchet, Propp, Howe and Hexy (let's not forget Dave brown). Now its G, Cooter, Provocop and the kids (props to Nick-NAK cough-cough). Lets just hope this group rewrites the ending for us

3 hours ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Some friends of mine love that stuff.  They love the rye, also.

Very smooth stuff with no bite.

I have over endulged a little while swimming and grilling...ok more like a lot.

I had to basically squint and look out of one eye to type this....that doesn't make me a bad person does it?

F**k it i don't care they are up 1-0 thanks to Provocop...

Go Flyers!!!

This game was waaaay closer than I like.

I give Montreal props they have a lot of speed and they work for the puck.

Flyers missed some empty nets and that Price lucky stick on that Laughton shot almost into a empty net was the difference in the Flyers winning by 3.

Flyers have to find some better chemistry and rhythm during the game. They just still look out of sorts waiting for Giroux, Coots, Hayes, Voracek (sorry i don't believe he touch that first goal) or JVR to finally get on the board.

Hart and the Flyers bottom 6 with the defense kept them in this game.

At least they won.

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

Greetings:

This was a messy performance.  MTL outplayed us in the second. Niskanen looked a bit discombobulated. Agreed with Occ that our first line needs to up their game.  Hart was great, and at least we had a PP goal.  That said, the PP does not seem to be clicking.  

I don't care how you slice it, JVR on the fourth line is not so good.  On the plus side, Grant earns his keep, and Thompson works hard.  

We need to slow these folks up.  We have the depth.  We need to wear them out. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

9 hours ago, CoachX said:

My enthusiasm for this team has made me feel like I've time warped back to the 80's. I remember waiting the entire day with anticipation for that night's playoff game. I just wish I was back on the east coast to really enjoy this. It's no longer Kerr, Tocchet, Propp, Howe and Hexy (let's not forget Dave brown). Now its G, Cooter, Provocop and the kids (props to Nick-NAK cough-cough). Lets just hope this group rewrites the ending for us

It was ultra exciting in 2010 also, cause it was so unexpected! We only made the playoffs in the last game on a Giroux shootout goal.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jammer2 said:

A good sign is the Flyers top players haven't scored yet they continue to win. Hopefully Hart outplays his idol and the Flyers take the Habs out in 4 or 5 games (because of Bettman's gimmick 24 team playoff, the Habs got to play in and they shouldn't have). Nice to see the Flyers getting in Price's face. 3 more to go!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lindbergh31 said:

A good sign is the Flyers top players haven't scored yet they continue to win. Hopefully Hart outplays his idol and the Flyers take the Habs out in 4 or 5 games (because of Bettman's gimmick 24 team playoff, the Habs got to play in and they shouldn't have). Nice to see the Flyers getting in Price's face. 3 more to go!

AV has to get the PP going. The way the refs are calling these games it's all ticky tack calls and lots of special teams. Zone entries are fine but the setup is stiff and predictable. They have to get more movement into it. I would get Ghost out there on the 2nd unit at least (I don't think he has seen any PP time really) for that reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lindbergh31 said:

Nice to see the Flyers getting in Price's face.

I agree and Grant almost got smash with a blocker to the grill...

1 hour ago, Podein25 said:

AV has to get the PP going.

Totally agree.

However they did get one yesterday...but i still wasn't overly impressed with it.

Watching Niskanen struggle a little last night (he wasn't alone though) i think it might be time to take him off PP #2.

Replace him with Myers. See how Saheim and him perform on the power play for starters. Then maybe flip TK to the 2nd unit with Hayes and let JVR take TK's spot on PP 1.

PP1 JVR Coots Jake Giroux Provorov

PP2 TK Hayes Farabee Sanheim Myers

This would give Nisky a rest and go from there.