Round 1: Flyers vs Canadiens Thread

pilldoc

4 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

he has one measly goal in the last 17 playoff games.

That is a HORRIFYING stat.....

I would hate to see those stats for Crosby, Toews, etc....(yeah, not looking them up)

Never been a "Giroux hater" but yeah, time is running thin. Voracheck too. I would literally trade JVR for a plastic liter of Mr. Boston Vodka (then dump said poison down drain),  Keep Coots, TK, young guns (NAK, Farabee, Etc.) and start a "mini rebuild"? You put G, Vora, and JVR on the table, and a shrewd GM could clean up no??...

Bah, One REALLY bad game. Lets see how they react tonight! I'm still on board!

LETS GO FLYERS!!

• Like 1

I think I'm going to wait until this series is over before I actually think about any of this.

Right now. in this series the Flyers have scored 2 goals. Hit some posts, had miracle saves against and missed an open net.

Anyone thinking they were lucky to win game one, I don't know what to tell you., they had 1.5 bad periods in that game but could have won it 4-1. 

Game 2 was an abomination, The whole team sucked- Everyone. I don't expect that to happen again. Extended team-wide malaise is not a feature of this year's group, it's a bug.

People need to calm the hell down and let the series play out.

Edited by mojo1917

18 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

I would literally trade JVR for a plastic liter of Mr. Boston Vodka (then dump said poison down drain)

Well he has had the most recent success with the Leafs in 2017-18 scoring 3 and an helper in their 7 game first found exit.

18 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

Voracheck too

Well Jake does have a goal (which I still haven't seen evidence of that it was his and not Ivan's but I digress) too but last time he scored at least 2 playoff goals was way back in 2013-14 too.

So yeah keep Coots and trade Giroux, Jake and JVR for the best haul you can if they lose again to the Canadians.

Hell that alone would free up 24 mill in cap space....

Edited by OccamsRazor
Trust The Bourbon!!!!
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Flyers fans are the worst.  They want to blow up the team, but think they will get gold back in return for the very guys they want gone.

What not sure if you are referring to me but never did I say they would get back gold.

But you have to get what you can and move at some point....so when is that ol wise know all hockey guy?

48 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Flyers fans are the worst.  They want to blow up the team, but think they will get gold back in return for the very guys they want gone.

so what's your rule, just keep the players until the team completely tanks like redwings where they have to figure what stars to build around? unlike them, we dont have to be those teams, we could retool, trade for younger proven pieces to build around instead of tanking and trying to rely on lottery and luck to find that star which could take forever, i mean like seriously do you want to be like the redwings of suckage?

27 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

So why would another team trade you their Sanheim for picks and prospects?

Picks and prospects you are supposedly going to get for players (G, Voracek, JVR) we don't want anymore.

Patrick Marleau went to the Pens for a 2nd and 3rd Rd picks...and he had a 35+ contract to boot.

Are you gonna get a 1st for G or Jake... probably not especially with  Jakes contract but getting 2nd and 3rd are valuable and will allow a team to trade up....

however let’s deal with this when the off season begins... but historically G has done very little in playoffs since “the shift”. So I understand some members POV... 

• Like 2

So...the Flyers did win tonight, albeit in ugly fashion and thanks to our franchise goalie (now and hopefully for a very long time).

Montreal is a good team (certainly not playing like an 8 seed) and we have a lot to improve on (power play was horrendous) but it’s nice to watch a high intensity game like that and pull out the victory.

Let’s not take it for granted in this day and age and just enjoy it.

• Like 3