Game 23: Capitals at Flyers; 3/7/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We come into the game as favorites (a bit surprising):

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/washington-capitals-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-3-7-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

It is Hart vs. Vanacek.  

We are catching the Caps at the end of a five-game away stretch.  Maybe that compensates for our deflating loss on Saturday. 

https://novacapsfans.com/2021/03/06/washington-at-philadelphia-series-preview-capitals-and-flyers-face-off-three-times-this-week/

Edited by Howie58

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 23: Capitals at Flyers; 3/7/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Flyers didn’t seem to have anything in the tank for the third period yesterday. Hopefully having 3,000ish fans back in WFC and playing in front of home fans for the first time in almost a year will give them the juice they need tonight. 

I wonder if we will be able to hear those in attendance screaming “Shoot” tonight? 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I hope Hart plays a good game on a number of levels besides winning.  We can't rely on Moose too much.  Another angle: Do we have a good spot starter in the wings if needed.  Would we want to rely on Lyon?

26 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I just hope both teams have fun

I don't. I hope the friggin capitals are miserable to a man. I'd like to see some in fighting and the Flyers blow them out

ITS TIME FOR THIS!

Edited by CoachX
  • Haha 1

Yes. If they beat the snot out of the Caps

I'll take a loss to be entertained with some old time Flyer hockey

Its an interesting question... would you (not you specifically) much rather watch a fight filled, chippy game that the Flyers lose

or 

A 3-1 win, with 2 penalties for each team

21 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I don't like them on the same team

Good one..., how about that interference call on Konecny. I understand we live in a pussified society these days but it is beyond comprehension that a penalty was called on that play. They have taken almost every physical aspect out of the game already , there’s barely any hitting , now it’s a penalty for being competitive. If this is the new NHL and it gets any worse, I will not watch any more.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Samifan said:

Jake with a chance with an open net, didn’t know how to shoot the puck. “Can I pass”

#ihatejake

In the past two shifts, He carried the puck deep into the zone twice and as usual held on to it for too long, got taken out behind the net and turned the puck over.  He’s improving, he usually turns it over just as he hits the blue line.

• Haha 2
  • Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, CoachX said:

How is Scott Hartnell still employed?

We fired Bill Clement for this guy?  Loved Hartnell as a player , he seems to have a lot of personality on the ice, but he is a colossal bore as a commentator. I guess that fits right in with the current brand of Flyers hockey. Joe Biden has more life to him than this team and he is a better commentator than Hartnell. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by RonJeremy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Quick Take:

1. Samsonov > Hart!

2. The "great out of the gate" followed by lackluster second and third periods raises questions about conditioning and pacing.

3.  Our D from within 20 feet is unsound.

You'd reckon on a goal from Ovie.  But one from a guy who hasn't scored in (if I heard right) 150 games...

Agreed with others that Hartnell is not a great add.  Thank G_d for Taryn.  

• Like 1

once again our inability to score on a pp hurts us. i don't think this team is going very far this year being in the bottom 1/5th of the league in both pk and pp unless they get their **** together.

• Like 3