Game 28: Flyers at Rangers; 3/17/21 @ 7:30 NBCSN

Howie58

Greetings:

We come into the game as mild favorites (-129). It looks like Hart versus Georgiev.  That is a matchup of sub-.900 goalies.  Georgiev has had problems this season, like Carter Hart.  

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/philadelphia-flyers-vs-new-york-rangers-prediction-3-17-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

Can we tighten up the D?  Does Farabee continue his 5x5 assault?  With save percentages below .900, we probably can't expect someone to steal a game.  

Edited by Howie58

20 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Can we tighten up the D?

I go out on a limb and say unless there is some quick acquisition a resounding NO.

Same shat different day i am afraid. However i think they can squeak out another win.

Last game, the Flyers got pushed around like a bunch of pansies. Rags took liberties with G. I guess Patrick answered . Luckily Jake was there to hug the Rangers player into submission. Laughton amd NAK did nothing, SHOCKER!

This team is full of powder puffs

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 28: Flyers at Rangers; 3/17/21 @ 7:30 NBCSN
22 hours ago, Samifan said:

#IHATEJAKE 🤬

Wow so no coaching staff for the Rangers tonight so all the pressure shifts to the Flyers.

Love it guess we'll see where they are truly at.

Damn covid.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Wow so no coaching staff for the Rangers tonight so all the pressure shifts to the Flyers.

Damn covid.

Wasn't it the last time the Flyer's played a team(Devils) with players on the Covid list half the team got Covid afterwards?

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Damn covid.

Two former Flyers coaches behind the bench for the Rangers tonight (knoblauch and Murphy) so you know what that means.... they will both score 😂

• Haha 1
  • Good Post 1

On 3/16/2021 at 6:54 PM, CoachX said:

Last game, the Flyers got pushed around like a bunch of pansies. Rags took liberties with G. I guess Patrick answered . Luckily Jake was there to hug the Rangers player into submission. Laughton amd NAK did nothing, SHOCKER!

This team is full of powder puffs

The modern day term is soy boys...

51 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Charmin Soft defensive coverage by a forward, Connor Bunnamon.

Meyers is softer than used Charmin, he must be a -4 tonight.  We need to put a number of our defensemen into a weight training routine and gain some strength. They are being manhandled . 

1 minute ago, RonJeremy said:

Meyers is softer than used Charmin, he must be a -4 tonight.  We need to put a number of our defensemen into a weight training routine and gain some strength. They are being manhandled . 

Myers and Sanheim both -5

I stand corrected it’s -5 now

None of it matters if you can't read a play...that cross ice pass to Buchnevich for a goal, was a disgrace, and something that shouldn't have been tolerated AT THE JUNIORS level.

6 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I stand corrected it’s -5 now

I said they were 24 going on 25 and soft as baby sh it....

...and yall want to keep them and build around them because one day yall think they will become men....

...HA HA good luck with that...I'm a firm believer if you're still a pu$$y at 24 you will always be a pu$$y....

...but what do I know I was serving my country during war at 19....

...goodnight all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

None of it matters if you can't read a play...that cross ice pass to Buchnevich for a goal, was a disgrace, and something that shouldn't have been tolerated AT THE JUNIORS level.

True that... I was referring to the one play where Meyers was checked behind the net and couldn’t fight off the check and it turned into a goal. But yeah, the boneheaded mental lapses and poor fundamentals are inexcusable. It’s amazing how Sanheim and Meyers were so much better last year. This is a lost season, sell at the deadline and go into tank mode, get a top 10 pick.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

I said they were 24 going on 25 and soft as baby sh it....

...and yall want to keep them and build around them because one day yall think they will become men....

...HA HA good luck with that...I'm a firm believer if you're still a pu$$y at 24 you will always be a pu$$y....

...but what do I know I was serving my country during war at 19....

...goodnight all.

I agree with that , once a half a slit, always a half a slit. Sanheim is now on a record setting pace  for defensive ineptitude.

• Like 1

Too much was expected of this defense, too soon. The young kids obviously aren't ready for it. They need two good, veteran defensemen, and they need to do just about whatever it takes to trade for them.

Edited by FD19372