What is wrong with the Flyers and how do you fix it?

Fizz

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I agree.

Chuckles like Hextall leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to addressing team needs through free agency and through trades IMHO.

I hope he learned from his Braun trade and Gustafsson signing he must do better.

It is imperative in my mind he knocks it out the park so the Flyers can get this turned around as quick as possible.

tampa doesnt have the best offense, most of the players can defend which is where the goals is coming from good transitioning d which the flyers dont have that.

• Like 1

Taking the last few seasons as a whole, I'm not really sure what it is everyone expected Fletcher to do. He traded for Nisky and that really turned things around. It was a plus. Pitlick was a plus. Thompson and Grant weren't.  But if some people here want to blame it on covid, then make it a blanket, not selective. When the Flyers were making their playoff run, Fletcher was good. When they fell apart, he sucked, even though the team was essentially the same

I still prefer to wait an see what he does now. The rubber has met the road. If he screws up, I dont think he will be here too much longer

And if you're a fan who thinks all is lost, there is no chance anything can get better, and Fletcher is incapable of doing a single thing right, I don't know, maybe you should watch a different sport or hit the off button

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

15 hours ago, CoachX said:

Taking the last few seasons as a whole, I'm not really sure what it is everyone expected Fletcher to do. He traded for Nisky and that really turned things around. It was a plus. Pitlick was a plus. Thompson and Grant weren't.  But if some people here want to blame it on covid, then make it a blanket, not selective. When the Flyers were making their playoff run, Fletcher was good. When they fell apart, he sucked, even though the team was essentially the same

I still prefer to wait an see what he does now. The rubber has met the road. If he screws up, I dont think he will be here too much longer

And if you're a fan who thinks all is lost, there is no chance anything can get better, and Fletcher is incapable of doing a single thing right, I don't know, maybe you should watch a different sport or hit the off button

This off season will go a long way in Fletcher's tender as of Flyers GM, he has to put his stamp on this team going forward, hopefully he does it the right way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoachX said:

Chucky openly stated he would move the first round pick

changes are coming!

Yeehaw! Last time Chucky traded a 1st he got 3 years of Martin Hanzel who then retired. The time before that he got Jason Pominville who's best days were already behind him. 

Last time Philly traded their 1st for a player they got Kris Versteeg! Of course they made up for that with the Eminger trade!

The cup is ours! 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yeehaw! Last time Chucky traded a 1st he got 3 years of Martin Hanzel who then retired. The time before that he got Jason Pominville who's best days were already behind him. 

Last time Philly traded their 1st for a player they got Kris Versteeg! Of course they made up for that with the Eminger trade!

The cup is ours! 

He didn't even get three years. Hanzal was a UFA and went to Dallas after the season in Minnesota ended. Chuck got a whopping 20 regular season games out of Hanzal

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

And Chuck's right hand man,  Nature Boy Brent Flahr doesn't want Chuck to move the pick. 

well according to you, he's an idiot, so why would Chuck listen to him? Oh, yeah, I forgot, Chuck's another idiot

we are DOOMED!

:bonkingheadonwall:

2 minutes ago, CoachX said:

well according to you, he's an idiot, so why would Chuck listen to him? Oh, yeah, I forgot, Chuck's another idiot

we are DOOMED!

:bonkingheadonwall:

They are idiots. Going into year three and we're no further ahead from when they started. You'd expect some sort of move to stamp the team and they've done nothing of consequence. 

I think bringing in Hayes, Nisky and Pitlick were good moves. The team was on fire and made the playoffs. It was widely reported they tried to make moves to fill the hole left when Nisky retired, but they couldn't get it done. Remember, it takes two side to pull off a deal, and contrary to what Flyer fans want to believe, other teams don't value our players as highly as we do. So, we got Gus and that sucked. Can't argue with you there. But, Hayes was injured last season, the covid thing was out there (allegedly), and I still say internal strife was at this core of the issue

Like I've said before, now is the time to see what Chuck will do. Idiot or genius, I guess we will soon find out

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CoachX said:

So, Elliott Desnoyers and this year's first for Matt Dumba

having Dumba would open up a flood of "dumba$$" nicknames and jokes

Dumba isn't being moved. Guerin bought out Suter in order to protect Dumba. I was reading that Minnesota is going to protect 8 skaters and 5 of them well be defensemen. It's crazy. 

2 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Dumba isn't being moved. Guerin bought out Suter in order to protect Dumba. I was reading that Minnesota is going to protect 8 skaters and 5 of them well be defensemen. It's crazy. 

and yet there are reports that Dumba may be left unprotected in the expansion draft. Chuck stated that his expansion list is set, unless a trade happens first. He also said the 1st rounder is in play

42 minutes ago, CoachX said:

and yet there are reports that Dumba may be left unprotected in the expansion draft. Chuck stated that his expansion list is set, unless a trade happens first. He also said the 1st rounder is in play

If i am Chuckles i wait the expansion draft out they are good and have everyone important protected.

So therefor the have leverage i am not sure about all the other teams so no way i make a trade before this is over unless it is an offer i can't refuse. Something that works in the Flyers favor. Wait it out.

Then after the expansion draft come out your shelter and then view the scorched earth and what is left in the after math and go from there....see who survived but don't be a victim of Seattle.

Then you can open trade talk before the draft...see what is available then. Still might not be much that works. Then you go into free agency and see who wants what and go from there. I hope they have a plan.

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

If i am Chuckles i wait the expansion draft out they are good and have everyone important protected.

So therefor the have leverage i am not sure about all the other teams so no way i make a trade before this is over unless it is an offer i can't refuse. Something that works in the Flyers favor. Wait it out.

Then after the expansion draft come out your shelter and then view the scorched earth and what is left in the after math and go from there....see who survived but don't be a victim of Seattle.

Then you can open trade talk before the draft...see what is available then. Still might not be much that works. Then you go into free agency and see who wants what and go from there. I hope they have a plan.

i dont think waiting it out and picking from leftovers is a good plan. Its almost the same position they got themselves in last year when Nisky retired. The pickings were slim and moves werent possible

They need to be aggressive and go after the pieces they think they need. I think they do have a plan. Whether or not its any good, is anyone's guess

If that Dumba trade is real, I think I make it. But I wonder if it can be a ploy to force Seattle to work out a trade, assuming they want that pick

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well the plan you laid out makes sense hopefully Fletcher has a similar plan.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, CoachX said:

i dont think waiting it out and picking from leftovers is a good plan. Its almost the same position they got themselves in last year when Nisky retired.

I said after the expansion draft. Then you have the entry draft that is when i said reopens talks.

Free agency does start till the 28th.

I never said wait on that i think you are confused.

I am talking about doing anything drastic before the expansion draft since they are fine for if and aren't going to lose anyone they aren't prepared for.

I expect them to be aggressive in free agency that is when you don't sit back and wait.

Am i making myself clear?? 

28 minutes ago, CoachX said:

If that Dumba trade is real, I think I make it.

I think i would rather have Ellis. But the price for that trade could change my mind. 

I don't think Dumba would be a great fit with Ivan. Maybe with Sanheim but that too they both have close to the same game and short comings so maybe not there as well.

I think Larsson would be a great fit for Sanheim.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I never said wait on that i think you are confused.

DUH!

I am talking about doing anything drastic before the expansion draft since they are fine for if and aren't going to lose anyone they aren't prepared for.

I think a trade before expansion draft, if it is part of that mysterious plan, would be a good move

Am i making myself clear?? 

as clear as my colon after a red chile burrito

55 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I think a trade before expansion draft, if it is part of that mysterious plan, would be a good move

I agree but the big thing for me is do they wait to see is sitting there before they pull the trigger on do they do it regardless???

Just now, OccamsRazor said:

I agree but the big thing for me is do they wait to see is sitting there before they pull the trigger on do they do it regardless???

if its a guy you really want, do it

Current person of topic was Dumba for the 1st and Desnoyers. Im guessing there is still room to make a move for another D man if you do this