Game 39: Flyers at Islanders; 4/8/21 @ 7, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

We are heavy underdogs at Nassau Coliseum:

https://www.docsports.com/free-picks/nhl-hockey/2021/philadelphia-flyers-vs-new-york-islanders-prediction-4-8-2021-nhl-pick-tips-and-odds.html

You wonder if scouts will be in the stands looking at potential trade targets?  We have lost three in a row to the Isles.  In their current funk, the O and B might make it four. 

Edited by Howie58

The Flyers know their season is over and based on the character they have shown this season I fully expect a lack luster effort on their part tonight. I see them giving up 6 or 7 goals tonight.

Carter Hart won’t be able to work through his issues behind this cast of keystone cops on D and lazy forwards. Hope they go with Elliott or Lyon tonight.

#IHATEJAKE 🤬™️

Edited by Samifan

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

Carter Hart won’t be able to work through his issues behind this cast of keystone cops on D and lazy forwards. Hope they go with Elliott or Lyon tonight.

Samifan:

There is a lot of wisdom in that assessment.  

Looking ahead, NJ dumping Zajac and Palmieri for picks and prospects, coupled with an outstanding young goalie duo, tells me we are in a world of hurt within this division...Isles, NJ, Washington, Rangers...

We hope Hart turns it around.  I am probably not watching tonight with other stuff on the plate.  But if I were in CF's shoes, the final third of the season would be audition time for the youngins.  His trades, if any, should follow NJ's--sell off and bring in picks/prospects.  I think we've hit a wall. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Samifan said:

The Flyers know their season is over and based on the character they have shown this season I fully expect a lack luster effort on their part tonight. I see them giving up 6 or 7 goals tonight.

Sad but probably true the most likely outcome is a blowout loss. I suppose a few guys who know they have trade value may keep working hard to show their worth...like Laughton for instance. And I expect guys like Giroux, Voracek and Couturier will maintain their commitment to winning shifts and games. But at this point I guess the passengers outnumber those guys by a big margin.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Looking ahead, NJ dumping Zajac and Palmieri for picks and prospects, coupled with an outstanding young goalie duo, tells me we are in a world of hurt within this division.

Now they get to face Palmieri on the Isles this game. Awesome.

I have accepted this season is over...and time for the Flyer purge so i could carless if they win now just work on the draft pick. Basically???

TANK TIME!!!!

• Like 1

Game Day Update: Palmieri and Zajac will play tonight against the Flyers.

Not sure who will come out the lineup....does it matter Flyers lose anyways.

Projected lineups

FLYERS (Tuesday's starting lineup, before in-game juggling)

25 James van Riemsdyk- 14 Sean Couturier - 86 Joel Farabee
21 Scott Laughton - 13 Kevin Hayes - 19 Nolan Patrick
93 Jakub Voracek - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 12 Michael Raffl - 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel

9 Ivan Provorov - 61 Justin Braun
6 Travis Sanheim - 5 Phil Myers
55 Sam Morin - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere

79 Carter Hart
37 Brian Elliott

PP1: Giroux, Patrick, Farabee, Voracek, Provorov.
PP2: Hayes, Couturier, JVR, Konecny, Gostisbehere.

Scratches: 56 Erik Gustafsson (healthy), 58 Tanner Laczynski (healthy).

Injured reserve: 8 Robert Hägg (shoulder, 2-4 weeks from 3/17/21), 48 Morgan Frost (shoulder surgery).

COVID-19 protocol: None.

ISLANDERS (Tuesday's lineup, before yesterday's trade)

21 Kyle Palmieri - 13 Mathew Barzal - 7 Jordan Eberle
18 Anthony Beauvillier - 29 Brock Nelson -12 Josh Bailey
44 Jean-Gabriel Pageau - 19 Travis Zajac - 26 Oliver Wahlstrom
15 Cal Clutterbuck - 53 Casey Cizikas - 17 Matt Martin

3 Adam Pelech - 6 Ryan Pulock
2 Nick Leddy - 4 Andy Greene
24 Scott Mayfield - 8 Noah Dobson

40 Semyon Varlamov
30 Ilya Sorokin

PP 1: Barzal, Martin, Beauvillier, Eberle, Leddy
PP 2: Pageau, Nelson, Wahlstrom, Bailey, Pulock

Acquired April 7, 2021: (21) Kyle Palmieri, (19) Travis Zajac.

Scratches: 25 Sebastian Aho (healthy), 32 Ross Johnston (healthy), 47 Leo Komarov (healthy) 20 Kieffer Bellows (healthy) 35 Cory Schneider (healthy).

Injured Reserve: 27 Anders Lee (ACL surgery), 28 Michael Dal Colle (resumed skating).

Like it or not those two added forwards makes this a very good Cup contending team.

6 hours ago, Samifan said:

#IHATEJAKE 🤬™️

which is why they'll come out tonight like gangbusters and crush the Islanders :NinjaLookLeftRight1::NinjaLookLeftRight1:

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Do you think Morin should get a game misconduct?  

That wasn’t a major. 2 mins at best. Morin’s size is going to make refs think every hit he makes is more extreme than it really is.

4 minutes ago, Samifan said:

That wasn’t a major. 2 mins at best. Morin’s size is going to make refs think every hit he makes is more extreme than it really is.

You are correct. It was just a little shove by a big guy, and Cizikas got injured on the play. Morin will probably get a game, but should he? No.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

You are correct. It was just a little shove by a big guy, and Cizikas got injured on the play. Morin will probably get a game, but should he? No.

The NHL is turning into a joke. I agree now way should he have been thrown out. If Scott Stevens were playing now, he would be constantly suspended.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

...can't expect someone to really watch all 60 minutes right if they aren't going to play for 60 minutes right Jake?

you just won the day !

🎤 drop

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Cizikas is back in the game playing so that should lessen the chance of a suspension, right?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Do you think Morin should get a game misconduct?  

Big guy shoves little guy. Little guy is a lousy skater. Little guy falls down. Ref hesitates to put arm up. NHL zaps ref to call penalty. We can't have big guys shoving little guys says the NHL. Bett turd continues to ruin hockey. Not even a penalty.